Login

russian armor

Assault Artillery Is The Worst

23 Jan 2016, 06:09 AM

Can I just say that this ability looks absolutely fantastic. There are shells raining down everywhere and then there's smoke everywhere and it's all beautiful. And can I also say that it's absolutely useless. The shells do virtually no damage - even a direct hit rarely kills more than a model or two - and they often don't even land anywhere near where you want them to, especially if you're targeting a large territory sector.

So basically this (200 munitions!) ability needs help.
23 Jan 2016, 06:33 AM

again and again no one listens to me the okw offmap is garbage. ask any top player if you want if u dont the countless threads.
23 Jan 2016, 06:56 AM

Zeroing Artillery anyone?
23 Jan 2016, 17:58 PM

Or railway artillery from Ost? Compare this offmao to others and youll start calling it OP
23 Jan 2016, 18:31 PM

Except when you fight over victory point for last few remaining point, that ability really help.

The Breakthrough commander is pretty good already. I don't want every OKW start to use only this commander.

If you want better artillery, try defensive for Zero Artillery or non-doctrinal Stuka HT.
23 Jan 2016, 18:40 PM

Don't know about you but I use that barrage when ever possible and I can say for a fact it's awesome.

The damage is lethal and smoke allows you to attack the enemy territory under smoke cover.

What's best about it is it doesn't need vision Costs only 200 munition.

It doesn't need any buff.
23 Jan 2016, 18:40 PM

So you want arty which can be used without LoS to be like Air Supremacy?

Zeroing is most powerful arty in game IF you keep vision. I mean, it's best to use it agasint cripped heavies or combine with teammate's flares agasint FHQ when blob is retreating.

Railway, tho it received AoE buff, is still hard to use but it's no more useless. Works agasint howies and emplacement (keep in mind tht first shell hits perfectly in the middle). Tho time between smoke and first shell is just... Well..
23 Jan 2016, 18:47 PM
Patrion 14

Nah, nothings worse than Armor Company's RNG bombs.

Unless there is another ability that can wipe your own squads because of scatter and costs as much as artillery cover.
23 Jan 2016, 19:20 PM

I think most off-map abilities, excluding the Brits, need buffs/cost adjustments.
23 Jan 2016, 19:46 PM

Or railway artillery from Ost? Compare this offmao to others and youll start calling it OP

Railway arty is not bad. It will always kill brit emplacements if you force a brace first.

It first shell always lands perfectly on target so in team games you can combine it with OKW special ops flares to take out enemy priests or mortar positions without the enemy getting obvious cleus.
23 Jan 2016, 19:59 PM

The OKW salvage art is pretty darn good. Especially if you're floating a lot of munitions.
23 Jan 2016, 20:04 PM

I think we can all agree that the IL-2 single strafe from the advanced warfare doctrine is the worst air/arty strike in the game. Or maybe a split first place with zeroing arty.
23 Jan 2016, 21:30 PM

I think we can all agree that the IL-2 single strafe from the advanced warfare doctrine is the worst air/arty strike in the game. Or maybe a split first place with zeroing arty.

I'm also with you on that one. IL-2 is worst.
24 Jan 2016, 07:22 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Tracking problems/bug. It undershoots for quite some distance. See this:

http://www.coh2.org/topic/45616/il2-stuka-single-strafe-run-tracking-bug
24 Jan 2016, 08:51 AM

Can I just say that this ability looks absolutely fantastic. There are shells raining down everywhere and then there's smoke everywhere and it's all beautiful. And can I also say that it's absolutely useless. The shells do virtually no damage - even a direct hit rarely kills more than a model or two - and they often don't even land anywhere near where you want them to, especially if you're targeting a large territory sector.

So basically this (200 munitions!) ability needs help.

Nope.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS