Login

russian armor

Popping out of buildings

22 Jan 2016, 10:26 AM

I've been abusing the conscript re-enforce ability to drop one man con squads into important buldings

Doing this you are losing popcap ( 1 cons doing nothing ), a mine in the main entrance door is the more cost effective solution :)
22 Jan 2016, 11:30 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jan 2016, 07:54 AMHiflex

Ever heard of AT Partisans? Or mine at doorways? Or give actually attention to the positioning of your unit and the availabilities of the enemy commander? Not at all? Its because you are biased as fuck.

Did your allied uncle touch you as a child because that is the only reason I can imagine that was your instant reaction. Where on the forums in the past have I shown an favoritism to any faction?

I literally play every faction because I do not have a favorite. I try them all pretty much evenly but I will indulge your ignorance.

Ever played on a 8 player map that has heavy buildings... ever mined them all... ever mined a building then garrisoned men it it and then had to retreat due to indirect fire to have your mine hit by said indirect fire and you loose the squad because of it?

Ever seen a stuka drop to one shot from a partisan AT round and small arms fire? Ever seen the werfther need to make multiple volleys... oh wait you haven't! If I fired my kat and left it there it is fair game but the barrage takes longer to discharge then any other rocket artillery and it is the most vulnerable to it yet at an equivalent cost and tied into a tier 4 of a faction that is more useless and is less effective.

Besides I have lost count of the times I haven't bothered picking a commander playing as OKW because frankly it doesn't really change anything until I need something. An Katy firing near a house would prompt me to pick one.

The only reason you would think I am biased because of a comment on the shortcomings of a unit on the allied side is if you only play axis and are as biased as you think I am.
22 Jan 2016, 11:35 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jan 2016, 08:09 AMMyself
Most units that spwan from building come at premium cost, that is accept that both types of partisans.

What imo should change is that they should also be able to be built from T0 at no premium cost making these units and commanders more attractive in map with little or no houses....

I like that idea. What value do you put on the ability to pop out of buildings? Could even tie the increase in cost to the distance directly from the players base. If your pushed back it becomes a cheaper defensive unit to help in a tight spot.
22 Jan 2016, 11:47 AM

The mechanism is stupid, the cost argument is irrelevant because it doesn't stop the mechanism to be stupid.

We put red smoke to allow players to counter-play off-map arty, off-map plane strike and still those abilities are much more expensive but there is no other counterplay than wiring/mining the entire map to counter this mechanism. So to deny a one click mechanism with huge impact you need to constantly micro your engineers to mine and wire every single building. Obviously all of this while your opponent don't and can focus on choke points combats.

Imo, you shouldn't be able to pop out building if your opponent have enough vision on it to see which units are inside. This would be a great limit to the ability. So you cannot pop out of a building next to a unit and destroy it just because there is absolutely no way for him to react in time.
22 Jan 2016, 12:26 PM

22 Jan 2016, 15:59 PM

22 Jan 2016, 17:22 PM
Strategist Badge

tbh mines in doorways is also a bit of a shit mechanic (i still use it tho :P), and this still doesn't help the USF player (who has no mines) deal with it.
22 Jan 2016, 17:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jan 2016, 11:35 AMGumboot

I like that idea. What value do you put on the ability to pop out of buildings? Could even tie the increase in cost to the distance directly from the players base. If your pushed back it becomes a cheaper defensive unit to help in a tight spot.

This are the actual cost of units that can be spawn out of buildings, so there is different premium to each unit:
F.J. 380
JLIR 300
S.T. 270
Part. 210
AT Part. 270

Other ways on entering the field
Para. 340
Commando 350
A.S.O. 285

..., and this still doesn't help the USF player (who has no mines) deal with it.

No very accurate 4 out of 7 USF commander have access to A.Per. mines (other later than some...)
22 Jan 2016, 17:44 PM
Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jan 2016, 17:24 PMMyself

No very accurate 4 out of 7 USF commander have access to A.Per. mines (other later than some...)

That's assuming one has all the commanders xoxox
22 Jan 2016, 18:46 PM
Donator 11

That's assuming one has all the commanders xoxox

2 out of 3 you get with the faction have mines...
22 Jan 2016, 18:56 PM
Strategist Badge

okay yeah fair but it still remains a badly thought out mechanic which could be better if changed. Whether its counter-able or not doesn't stop it being shit or too easy.

No one so far has said anything in the mechanics defense, only ways it can be countered. Seems like maybe its an unwelcome mechanic which people would like/wouldn't mind it being changed.
22 Jan 2016, 21:15 PM

Permanently Banned
Considering falls are pretty shit vs americans and british, and only good vs t2 soviets who have mines. I think its ok. Falls are much easier to deal with than obers, so your enemy is doing you a favor after the initial fallschirmjager spawn.

Jaegers can be annoying because they are cheaper, and thus you're opponent will be popping them out more often.
22 Jan 2016, 21:38 PM

Looks like somebody got in an undesired party
22 Jan 2016, 21:53 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Looks like somebody got in an undesired party

Speaking of which, why haven't I ever seen a screenshot of Partisans photoshopped to have stereotypical party favours yet?
22 Jan 2016, 22:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jan 2016, 21:53 PMVuther

Speaking of which, why haven't I ever seen a screenshot of Partisans photoshopped to have stereotypical party favours yet?

Because between Spartisans and Partisaints we almost forget about parti-san, the one from Japan
22 Jan 2016, 22:28 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I don't think it's that bad of a mechanic but I don't like that it is on multiple commanders in the OKW. Should only be a one commander gimmick per faction at most. I will give soviets a pass on the second AT partisan commander because it's trash and they have 3 times the commanders.
24 Jan 2016, 01:33 AM

Unfortunately you can know if a building is garrisoned or not.

Can you? I know if they get into a building the windows break but I wasn't aware there was any indication if they were in it later?
24 Jan 2016, 06:38 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Can you? I know if they get into a building the windows break but I wasn't aware there was any indication if they were in it later?

Support weapons shows up arcs and right clicking a building pops red if an enemy unit is inside.
24 Jan 2016, 07:54 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jan 2016, 23:17 PMUnited
I was really surprised when this mechanic came back. Yeah its pretty bullshit that players with these units available can just instantly spawn elite squads from buildings and completely turn fights, Its not good design. Maybe in COH3 they will finally abandon the mechanic, but its too late for COH2.

Yeah, indeed. It's just really dumb and a no-skill mechanic, in the same category as the Panzer Tactician tank instant smoke. Both of these newbie get out of jail cards should be changed or deleted from the game.

The need to perform an actual proper flank is eliminated by allowing the players to spawn stuff from buildings.

Pop out, throw nade, wipe squad gg. Free vet 3 mortar kill.
2 squads retreating with low hp? Pop out of building, no matter how far it is in the fog of war, easy wipes!
MG bothering you and suppressing your entire blob? NP, pop out of building and wipe it with a nade before it has a chance to react.
Low HP tank running away? Faust it in the ass!
Need to ninja cap a VP? Well... you know the story.

After the initial spawn, you're still left with a high DPS squad that remains useful in all stages of the game. Yes, I'm looking at you falls. A big part of the problem is how fast they can wipe weapon teams and AT guns.

But regardless of which unit we are talking about, the mechanic is dumb.
24 Jan 2016, 09:40 AM

i don't get the point of these threads

it's not about asking for advice or counters...

it's just pointless whining...

just like all of your comments. ty
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight