Login

russian armor

Can we talk about Panzerschreck Veterancy

20 Jan 2016, 23:23 PM

So, I think panzerschrecks are balanced more or less. The problem is the obscene amount vet you get for doing damage with it. And the vet bonuses for volksgrenadiers, combined with the recent retard-patch gives them significantly higher damage output. So it's actually beneficial to your anti-infantry damage to get the panzerschreck and accrue vet 3-4 much faster than you normally would. (Far more than you get from having that fifth man with a rifle)

I think this is resulting in a huge imbalance in veterancy pacing in favour of OKW infantry, giving them a serious midgame advantage.

20 Jan 2016, 23:33 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

What is the recent retard patch?
20 Jan 2016, 23:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jan 2016, 23:33 PMTobis
What is the recent retard patch?

The one that ruined OKW. But that's aside from the point, as this panzerschreck vet bullshit has been around for a lot longer than that. (Just wasn't an issue because volks weren't nearly as good in combat and buying mass schrecks was prohibitive)
20 Jan 2016, 23:52 PM
Patrion 14

The one that ruined OKW

:lolol:
21 Jan 2016, 04:05 AM

So, I think panzerschrecks are balanced more or less. The problem is the obscene amount vet you get for doing damage with it. And the vet bonuses for volksgrenadiers, combined with the recent retard-patch gives them significantly higher damage output. So it's actually beneficial to your anti-infantry damage to get the panzerschreck and accrue vet 3-4 much faster than you normally would. (Far more than you get from having that fifth man with a rifle)

I think this is resulting in a huge imbalance in veterancy pacing in favour of OKW infantry, giving them a serious midgame advantage.

I appeal to whatever patch Relic implements, they should also make it so you can drop weapons, put them away, and rig them with explosives so when the unsuspecting rifle man picks up a shreck he blows up:sibHyena:
21 Jan 2016, 11:08 AM

You do realise that volks vet is absolutely shit at the moment?
21 Jan 2016, 15:00 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jan 2016, 11:08 AMZyllen
You do realise that volks vet is absolutely shit at the moment?

If Volks vet is shit, Commando vet must be the ground that shit sits on.
21 Jan 2016, 15:03 PM

Agreed
Shrecks should not offer that vet advantage.
21 Jan 2016, 15:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jan 2016, 15:00 PMVuther

If Volks vet is shit, Commando vet must be the ground that shit sits on.

Actually if volks vet is shit, then commando vet isn't even implemented yet and stars are just visuals(well, 2 of them are, 3rd one is just extremely underwhelming compared to any other vet of any other unit in game).
21 Jan 2016, 15:40 PM

I agree with OP. You notice this a lot if a Soviet player goes heavy on T34s or what have you - the EXP feed can get pretty ridiculous.

Assuming Relic never changes Shreks on Volks I think it would be nice if they tweaked how AT damages gives vets to Infantry. One idea might be to reduce EXP from damage alone but increase the EXP for vehicle kill shots.
21 Jan 2016, 15:55 PM

The vet advantage, I think, was meant by Relic to offer OKW a potent mid-game AT unit with some AI power when OKW had limited tanks. It was also meant to help them keep up pressure after securing early game advantages.

Yes I do agree that volks with Shreks vet amazingly fast, but I think the problem arises from the ability of volks to get back on the field immediately. Fire once miss retreat, 10 seconds later you are back in the fight because you are right up against your forward retreat point. In addition, since support weapon spam is so hot right now for Allies, volks are even more attractive, and as a result shrek upgrades are a must to hold off Allied tanks. What needs to happen is a way to encourage OKW to get more than Volks. Changing of their vet is a possibility if OKW vet is completely changed (which I doubt it will be).

Shreks on volks are gonna be problematic, but the solutions for it are very limited because Volks are meant to be the core of the faction.
21 Jan 2016, 16:44 PM

Shreks on volks are gonna be problematic, but the solutions for it are very limited because Volks are meant to be the core of the faction.

Volks were never meant to be the core of the faction. That's why it has elite infantry units out the ass. (Sturmpios, Jaeger Light, Panzerfusilers, obersoldaten, Fallschirmjaegers) and lots of light-medium vehicles. Volks for OKW were always supposed to be like engineers for the other factions. It's a role reversal since OKW has super engineers, their infantry is trashier. They're supposed to have expensive but strong units with volksgrenadiers serving as expendable infantry to fill in the gaps.

It's largely why buffing volks into mainline infantry has resulted in huge balance issues. They still have all their elite infantry and light vehicle play, but now their basic mobile AT unit is also better than conscripts in combat for a marginally more expensive cost.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★