Login

russian armor

new AEC is overpowered

PAGES (20)down
15 Jan 2016, 11:48 AM

UKF are now the most powerful faction in the game.

wuut?
15 Jan 2016, 11:52 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jan 2016, 11:45 AMakula
what patch came out and when? wheres the notes? I haven't been following too closely.

http://www.coh2.org/topic/47844/patch-notes-14th-jan/page/1#post_id474828

tnx vasa..he gave me this
15 Jan 2016, 11:57 AM

i think the patch is almost perfect. AEC does the job of the luchs and puma and the same time. they where missing a early mid game armor vehicle :brad:
15 Jan 2016, 12:09 PM

WTF, just take some rank 1 opinion here ok! IT IS OP AS FU!!!! :facepalm:
15 Jan 2016, 12:27 PM

I cant wait to try this new improved AEC. Is its performance comparable to something? Little weaker than Luchs at AI and a little weaker than Puma at AT?

@DAZ187, yea they were. I would basicly insta pick special weapons doctrine vs OKW each time. (and often still get rekt or bleed insanely)
15 Jan 2016, 13:03 PM

I know I do not have the credibility to give much for judgements, but I have sunk a great many hours into this game.

The first time I encountered the buffed AEC, it immediately killed 3 models off of a near full health Gren squad, it followed this up by chasing the poor survivor down before ending him. Then it turned around and hit an MG team as they were exiting a building, first shot killed a model, second missed, and the third killed the last man.

Granted this is the only time I really saw an early AEC last night, so it may not be a full representation of it's abilities. It just seems to be rather strong against Ost, who I think are rather underrepresented around here.

Whenever I hear an argument against an Allied unit, people immediately respond with "but OKW." I don't mean to disrespect or start a war, I just want a little bit of recognition that OPKW isn't everything
15 Jan 2016, 13:16 PM

I will repeat myself: The buff to the AEC has made it so that it deals low damagge more consistently to units. The buff DOES NOT affect the one-shot capability of the AEC.

Just to give you a perspective of what EXACTLY was changed about the AEC.

The first time I encountered the buffed AEC, it immediately killed 3 models off of a near full health Gren squad,

If the Grenadier squad was at near full health, EXACTLY the same would have happened with the old AEC. This is pure RNG

it followed this up by chasing the poor survivor down before ending him.

This is the new AEC buff in action. With the old AEC that would have not been possible

Then it turned around and hit an MG team as they were exiting a building, first shot killed a model, second missed, and the third killed the last man.

Again; the old AEC would have done EXACTLY the same.

(I have nothing against PanzerCommander <444>3. I am just commenting on the examples he provided to help pinpoint what exactly was changed about AEC)
15 Jan 2016, 13:17 PM

Ok leave the little AEC alone. Honestly I prefer to face an antieverything AEC rather than a smartly positioned BORF.

Meanwhile the M1919 has turned 1v1 into a shitfest.
15 Jan 2016, 13:22 PM

Btw, with the new patch, the AEC has received a 2x improvement in its garrison-clearing capabilities (this is because of the far AoE damage multiplier buff).

That is to say, the garrison-clearing capabilities of the AEC went from completely inexistent, to something even remotely useful.

- Currently, it requires at most 14 shots for the AEC to clear a full-health garrison (~56 seconds).
- Before, it required at most 27 shots for the AEC to clear a garrison (~108 seconds).

In order to get the best results, place the AEC right in front of the window that it is aiming at (you might knock the time down to 20-40 seconds).
15 Jan 2016, 13:27 PM

I suppose the CoH god was unhappy with me last night then, I do wish I could retreat a squad without becoming mince meat.
15 Jan 2016, 14:10 PM

i hope i wont be facing any Turtle Brits faction..that would be a very frustrating match n boring at the same time..
15 Jan 2016, 14:38 PM

Imo it's fine and they should buff the valentine's gun like this. It's the same gun after all, and the valentine is considered a light vehicle/tank like the AEC.
15 Jan 2016, 14:45 PM

Tried it a bit. Still eaten up by AT on infantry, and cloaked rakentens. Still has to be very careful around Puma's. Still has slow smoke.

Changed, it can now kill infantry models reliably. Unit feels good.

Final judgement will come once I have played with it quite a bit more, but for a side tech, relatively expensive investment, it appears to fill its role well.
15 Jan 2016, 14:57 PM

What Imageless said...

Pumas and Shrek Volks handle it easily (yes, a lone Shrek volk will get kited to death but that is how it should be). I can maybe see Ostheer struggling a bit against it but the same strategy that you use against Stuarts applies. Shreked Panzergrens would make short work of it. If you have that bad a time then keep Mobile Defense in your loadout. Mines also still exist too.

Keep in mind we're talking about 100 MP + 15 fuel for Hammer then the 340 + 50 for AEC itself. That's a LOT of MP for a faction that tends to bleed still and you need to sit through both build times. It also delays your T3 - we'll talk about how OP AEC is when it results in PZ4 coming out before Cromwell.
15 Jan 2016, 14:59 PM

it's a stuart on english beef steroid and arrive earlier. Even the volks schreck is having problem against it.

The aec was crap before, but it should have gotten a range buff instead of a range.

LOL! Even cheap base OKW infantry have problems against a semi expensive allied vehicle? Time to nerf it
15 Jan 2016, 15:26 PM
Patrion 26

LOL! Even cheap base OKW infantry have problems against a semi expensive allied vehicle? Time to nerf it

But I'm a special snowflake that only plays OKW. My core infantry DESERVE to be a hard counter to all allied armour because I don't know how to micro or build the excellent dedicated AT units my faction has!

How can I afford to build mines if ALL my volks need rocket launchers? I don't want any to feel left out :(

Why can't I just spam schreks and counter everything!? AEC is so OP for a 440 MP Light vehicle!
15 Jan 2016, 15:37 PM

Kiting Volks backed up by a pit is now an absolute pleasure. :D

Raketenwerfers are nasty though. Haven't seen too many of them before...
15 Jan 2016, 15:40 PM

Time to #adapt to changes

Keep in mind that it wins agains agains luchs by only few HP and will lose if both are at rear side of armor , it have bugged ability , is shitty against every axis vehicle except 222 , halftracks and luchs (because puma have range to kite while AC not).

Now it is good against infantry and light vehicles . Deal with it. Think about it as t70 with more AT less AI , people overeact because before they were able to faust it to death , or yolo volksblob it . If you get one pak in your army - like UKF should you will still have easy day.

And the more AC he made the less cromwells you see mid-late

EDIT: I run test where all lights have to kill conscript squads (stuart , AC , luchs , t70)

ALways from all test AC lost because of its slow ROF.

Best ones was t70 or luchs - luchs have continual damage while t70 sometimes kill in few seconds and other times sucks to kill.

Start was theoretically third one best , he was too depended on if he shots well or not (if yes he was better than luchs but all in all he was worse)

So t70 > luchs > stuart >AC if we only count AI capabilities against lone squad on open field (eg harrasing squad)
15 Jan 2016, 15:43 PM

It's alright. Nothing special, just deals damage more consistently.

However, the way I still see it is like this:By buying an AEC you have to pay 175 fuel for that first, vital cromwell.

I'd rather just wing it and do without, getting that cromwell out faster.
15 Jan 2016, 15:50 PM

I've had a couple lose to Luchs... Though I do suck. RNG gods at play?
PAGES (20)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS