Login

russian armor

Unkillable snipers; a howto guide

13 Jan 2016, 00:24 AM

*uncountersnipeable, rather

The sniper is that stealthy little critter that everybody loves to play with and against :-)

This guide will teach you how to keep your sniper stealthy, while racking up an insane amount of bleed; all of this with impunity to countersniping.

DISCLAIMER: I have already informed Relic about this issue, but the response I got is that this is the intended design. Therefore, I am putting up a brief guide to inform everyone about a feature that has been so elusive in the past.

How this works

In this scenario, an OST sniper wants to attack a conscript squad which is reasonably far away. The soviet player has a sniper of their own nearby so that he can countersnipe.

1) Place the OST sniper in cover with hold fire active.
2) Order the OST sniper to move out of cover in the direction of the conscript squad.
3) The moment the OST sniper steps OUT OF COVER press the STOP button.
4) (You need to time this well) Right-click on the conscript squad so that the sniper will fire the shot AFTER the sniper leaves camouflage (alternatively: release hold fire)
5) Immediately after the shot is fired, order your sniper to retreat back to the initial cover.

If you time Step 4 carefully (i.e., account for the camouflage timer and the aim time), the opponent will not have the opportunity to fire back (all snipers have a reasonably long aim time).

Naturally, this feature massively benefits the two snipers with lingering camo the most.

What else can you do with this feature?

This feature affects all camo units, and all abilities that these units can use.

Ever wanted to throw a sneaky gammon bomb and immediately hide your commandos? It's possible. A sneaky flare with your soviet sniper? Yep. Want to take that Katyusha with your stormtroopers and immediately hide them afterwards? Definitely

Anything you can think of; the sky is the limit!
13 Jan 2016, 00:46 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

It was known but kinda a hustle to make it work.

Hide n seek. Poke, poke n poke :D
13 Jan 2016, 01:16 AM

i like this kind of stuff more than the usual balance thread.
13 Jan 2016, 01:52 AM

It was known but kinda a hustle to make it work.

Hide n seek. Poke, poke n poke :D

Yep! I also posted a link to that video in my bug report. Alien predator technology; never forget!

i like this kind of stuff more than the usual balance thread.

I am sorry to disappoint, but this is a gameplay thread ;)

I do hope that this mechanic will eventually be uhm.. rebalanced somehow.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★