12 Jan 2016, 17:11 PM
Senior Caster Badge

NOT-a-forum-warrior would not understand. ^_^

I am certainly not one of those.. maybe you can explain it to me? :P
12 Jan 2016, 17:15 PM

I am certainly not one of those.. maybe you can explain it to me? :P

Check Donnies post history for a repeating pattern :p
12 Jan 2016, 17:20 PM

That's not how I remember it. Relic's official forums were always a cesspool, and even Gamereplays (the premier CoH1 website) had more than its fair share of ''Nerf NOW'' threads. DoW2 suffered the same fate, and DoW1 was simply a total mess when it comes to balance so IMO it wasn't even worth the effort on that front.

Methinks some people are wearing rose colored glasses. The primary purpose of gaming forums has always been to complain.
12 Jan 2016, 17:33 PM

Maybe add a Chance for a warspoil when watching your own replay after a game.
Could improve the balance forum but im Kinda high so maybe this idea is completly idiotic
12 Jan 2016, 17:42 PM

Methinks some people are wearing rose colored glasses. The primary purpose of gaming forums has always been to complain.

If I was of this generation, id simply reply with: Rose tinted glasses*
12 Jan 2016, 20:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jan 2016, 17:15 PMKatitof

Check Donnies post history for a repeating pattern :p

well i'm right about it
12 Jan 2016, 21:59 PM

well i'm right about it

I'm not saying you're not. 99% of balance problems posted here have source located between keyboard and the chair.
13 Jan 2016, 02:43 AM
Patrion 26

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jan 2016, 21:59 PMKatitof

I'm not saying you're not. 99% of balance problems posted here have source located between keyboard and the chair.

In my industry we call that a PICNIC - problem in chair, not in computer :snfCHVGame:
13 Jan 2016, 03:04 AM

Our societies are experiencing a general increase in pride and arrogance headed by the "self-esteem" and secular humanist narratives leading to scrubbery and going crying to authority to get things changed instead of solving issues themselves.

The modern development methods, and balance updates, give them something to complain at in the hopes of their change coming through.

Personally, I'd like to see a general shift in development of video games from quick-an-easy nerf fixes to design-intensive review and comprehensive buffs to competing units / features etc.
13 Jan 2016, 04:15 AM

People of this generation would rather complain about balance than admit they're wrong because (in general) they're extremely entitled.

Heck, a lot of teachers in America these days are not allowed to fail a student even if they do ZERO work in class. It's ridiculous. When no one ever punishes you for screwing up, and everyone always tells you what a special snowflake you are - you tend to look at anything but yourself for a fault.

Shame really. I remember back in my AoE 3 and Wc3 and even Sc2 days people would lose to something, post a replay and ask for advice on how to improve. Now people just run to the forums to QQ imba and then proceed to ignore all reasonable advice given.

And I've never understood the fanboy mindset of only ever playing one faction or one side. You're only hurting yourself by being so close minded. And the forum warriors that so religiously defend their precious faction (we all know who they are) end up hurting the community in the long run.

That's my half-awake because I stayed up way too late last night watching the national championship and I really should be sleeping right now theory.
13 Jan 2016, 07:32 AM

I love the people here blaming Gen Y for being entitled without acknowledging the role of their own generation.

Anyways, stupid threads have always occurred. Back when I was a kid playing Total Annihilation, my brother always ranted about how this and that was OP in a game that was more or less mirrored.

People do need to ask themselves "what did I do wrong" a lot more often then they do now for sure, but people in general don't like change and its easy to make claims you don't know anything about, eg. an unplayed faction. That being said, the easiest way to prevent threads from popping up would be for Relic (or even Coh2.org) to do something to incentivize people to play different factions and learn the game wholistically.
13 Jan 2016, 08:06 AM

Becayuse these forums are full of retard wehraboos and retard allied fanboys and the balance forums are only shitfest for same people to argue years from same subjects.

Forum warriors with +4k posts talk shit here even they dont play the game so what can you expect from this site?
13 Jan 2016, 08:43 AM

Love how people are blaming a generation and education when it has nothing to do with it.

there are no mirror-matching and this is the source of the frustration. When you play Zerg in Starcraft, you have 33% chance to match another Zerg player. You may beat him, he may beat you and if it is the case, you'll not going in Bliz forum to complain about Zerg being OP, and the same goes for all factions.
You cannot blame this generation and education when Blizzard SC2 forum are far less toxic while having much more players.

Only top players tend to play well all factions equally, because they have the time to do so, forum warriors like you call them are mainly at work when they do spam here, watching twitch or youtube of top players spending much more time playing and much less time at work or on other social activities/sleeping.

You cannot blame people for playing only 1 or 2 factions, people play what they like for any of their own personal reason and they is not problem with that.

Mirror matching is probably the best way to learn and improve your gameplay, because 99% of your defeat are because your opponent has simply outplay you, with the exact same tools.
Mirror matching also includes teamplay, you can plays Zerg/Terran/Protoss mirror match in SC2, but you cannot play USF/Sov/OKW/Ost on a mirror match (matchmaking) where the defeat will lie on your skill more than factions design.

I also want to add Commanders are a big source of frustration because they may be completely OP. Half of the nerf-thread are about them because they add specific abilities/units designed to break the standard gameplay of a game.
13 Jan 2016, 08:48 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jan 2016, 08:43 AMEsxile
snip

There was no mirror matching in CoH1.

There were players who were stuck with just a single faction, but it was strat forum that was full, not balance forum.

Then, there was DoW2, with mirror matching and SM players being a little too attached to their army(if they had a chance, they would wear that power armor themselves and smite players playing different armies with their righteous fury).

What have changed in addition to the years passed and new player generation getting their hands on coh2?
13 Jan 2016, 08:53 AM
Patrion 14

playercard pls

:rofl::thumbsup:
13 Jan 2016, 09:02 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jan 2016, 08:48 AMKatitof

There was no mirror matching in CoH1.

There were players who were stuck with just a single faction, but it was strat forum that was full, not balance forum.

Then, there was DoW2, with mirror matching and SM players being a little too attached to their army(if they had a chance, they would wear that power armor themselves and smite players playing different armies with their righteous fury).

What have changed in addition to the years passed and new player generation getting their hands on coh2?

We do not have the same memories of Coh1 in gamereplay.org forum, the balance forum was quite full of trash.
Vcoh1 had a small community, the game was popular but the forum community not that big, also the competitiveness of the game wasn't extraordinary. When OF came out the community grow up and here came the balance problem and associated threads.
13 Jan 2016, 09:04 AM

Well, a lot of the people who complain about balance are just man childs who can't think about improving themselves, they watch top 10 streams, do the exact same things without understanding half of the stuff, loses to someone and then they think "This guy won a top 10 player with this build, why can't I win a rank 1500 player with it?! I have like 400 hours played! This must be a balance issue"

Copying everything that a pro player does is a thing in SCII, LoL, Dotka etcetc.. But it doesn't work in this game while they think it does

I still have that one guy as an example who had around 1500 hours played and was stuck in 40k ranks with axis in 4v4, always complaining about balance being fucked up and not accepting the fact that he sucked

He was ranting be about Ostheer being shit in 2v2 during the same patch (this was before the OKW rework patch) that I got my rank 1 in that game mode, I told him everything he had to know about what he needs to do and what units to use against this and this and he was calling me a moron and saying that I can't play the game, then I linked my player card and he said "pff, you're just lucky because you get shitty opponents" and other lovely excuses

Thankfully he doesn't use these forums :snfPeter:
13 Jan 2016, 11:31 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jan 2016, 08:43 AMEsxile
Love how people are blaming a generation and education when it has nothing to do with it.

there are no mirror-matching and this is the source of the frustration. When you play Zerg in Starcraft, you have 33% chance to match another Zerg player. You may beat him, he may beat you and if it is the case, you'll not going in Bliz forum to complain about Zerg being OP, and the same goes for all factions.
You cannot blame this generation and education when Blizzard SC2 forum are far less toxic while having much more players.

Only top players tend to play well all factions equally, because they have the time to do so, forum warriors like you call them are mainly at work when they do spam here, watching twitch or youtube of top players spending much more time playing and much less time at work or on other social activities/sleeping.

You cannot blame people for playing only 1 or 2 factions, people play what they like for any of their own personal reason and they is not problem with that.

Mirror matching is probably the best way to learn and improve your gameplay, because 99% of your defeat are because your opponent has simply outplay you, with the exact same tools.
Mirror matching also includes teamplay, you can plays Zerg/Terran/Protoss mirror match in SC2, but you cannot play USF/Sov/OKW/Ost on a mirror match (matchmaking) where the defeat will lie on your skill more than factions design.

I also want to add Commanders are a big source of frustration because they may be completely OP. Half of the nerf-thread are about them because they add specific abilities/units designed to break the standard gameplay of a game.

Go in SC2, lol, Dota2 forum, and see that players blame balance instead of their play, profit.
13 Jan 2016, 13:51 PM

I think there is too much exposure, what I mean is. When I played rts, I didnt even know that game forums existed, till one guy said ''Hey, your pretty good, if you really wanna improve, check out this site''

I played the game and it was fun, figured out stuff on my own.

Now kids are being ''told'' how to play, watching streams, reading up on strats and stats. Like Plaguer said, not even knowing why this is or that is not viable, but still copying builds and styles. Its cooky cutter, youll win games, but your not gonna truly improve, unless ofcourse you keep playing, and trying stuff for yourself, and figureing out stuff for yourself.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★