Login

russian armor

WTF Bofors?

11 Jan 2016, 09:26 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jan 2016, 09:24 AMKatitof

Thats the exact gardening thing that I DID in the game ffs.

Lol you played the game? We are not talking about medium AI. I have your player card katitof. Please don't bring up what you did against medium AI. Or someone who is level 300.

11 Jan 2016, 09:30 AM

A simple fix IMO, would be to have the bofer not be able to self repair and brace at the same time. If braced self repair will be canceled. The unit needs to be as lethal as it is because of its price and obviously it's unable to be moved... tho it is frustrating to see it mow down retreating squads like clockwork
11 Jan 2016, 09:52 AM
Benefactor 392

AT guns, avoid it, or go around it, or all that apply.
11 Jan 2016, 10:12 AM
Senior Caster Badge
Patrion 39

Not everyone has spearhead in their loadout, and a single unit shouldn't force a commanded choice.

He is talking about it combined with Royal Engineer Regiment. I think it is that fair you need to pick a commander to counter your opponents commander. Don't have spearhead? There is always festung support :romeoMug:
11 Jan 2016, 10:21 AM

is it only me or is the Bofors currently a game breaker in team games?

UKF emplacement can be very tough in large game especially if combined with the Engineer commander.

That is why I have made 2 suggestion:
reduce damage vs retreating infantry...
Have late game specialized anti emplacement unit...
http://www.coh2.org/topic/46989/heavy-assault-guns-vs-fortifications
http://www.coh2.org/topic/46778/ukf-aa-emplacement-and-retreating-squads
11 Jan 2016, 10:25 AM

Repairing of self is doctrine specific.

I was messing around with Boffors last night in 1v1 and had some insanely weird / fun games, haha!

Anyway, regarding your post. The OKW player that beat me used a flame barrage, I believe from his stuka. That worked really well.

I did not go with royal engineer though, so I dont know if it can tank the flames in self repair.
11 Jan 2016, 10:27 AM

Stand fast skill is problem
heal unit like First CoH Field Repair
not like COH2 Field repair with Disable Stance
11 Jan 2016, 10:47 AM
Donator 11

Lol you played the game? We are not talking about medium AI. I have your player card katitof. Please don't bring up what you did against medium AI. Or someone who is level 300.

This playercard-argument can only be used in cases where the other players doesn't know how to counter a specific thing or solve a problem, which is then a L2P-thing. Now Katitof gives a solution to a problem, so this playercard-argument can't be used in this case.
11 Jan 2016, 10:51 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jan 2016, 10:25 AMJewdo

Anyway, regarding your post. The OKW player that beat me used a flame barrage, I believe from his stuka. That worked really well.

Unfortunately neither the MortarHT flame barrage nor the Stuka's one is very precise and miss the target about 50 percent of the time :/
11 Jan 2016, 11:16 AM

@Highfiveeeee

First, you should know that the bofors is expensive for a static emplacement.

At 280 MP and 30 fuel, and that without teching and purchasing the specific upgrade.

Also it has very poor penetration at 25.
For example, the PZ4 from the OKW got 234 armor.
Thus 25/234 * 100 = > 10.6% chance to pen a OKW pz4 per shot.

Granted, you wrote that it came in the early game, so no tanks.
When I play Axis, which admittedly doesn't happen a lot - I either get 2 mortars or 2 leigs.
Then I just attack ground on the emplacement until it is destroyed.
No point waiting for barrages.

True, that it is possible to "Stand fast" + repair with the ability, but it is very expensive to do.
costing 50 munitions each time for the repair.
If you keep bombing the emplacement, the brit will have little MU for anything else.

Also, if it is in a narrow space, consider telling your partner to get a PAK. It will outrange it and you will be able to directly fire at it as well.

Good luck :)

11 Jan 2016, 11:19 AM

Thta why shwerer panzer shoud be moved in base sector
11 Jan 2016, 11:44 AM
Patrion 14

Depending on map and placement, I usually try to avoid it when placed. Both me and my teammate focus harder on one side when brits are around, and try to take hold of that side. The bofors means resources are placed in one spot, and cannot move, so in theory, we can outnumber the opponents forces while teching. Me going OH and then get 2 paks (1 can do it but there is usually a pesky motarpit defending it) then spot for it or attack ground if needed. In an extreme case, it could be worth (depending on if it fits your overall strategy and placement of bofors, to get some reinforcements bunker or HT nearby to easily recrew the pak crew.

I think it is very powerfull, but it IS static. If one goes up, try to bully the other side before one goes up there as well.
11 Jan 2016, 13:48 PM

This playercard-argument can only be used in cases where the other players doesn't know how to counter a specific thing or solve a problem, which is then a L2P-thing. Now Katitof gives a solution to a problem, so this playercard-argument can't be used in this case.

The playercard argument is for anyone who post on these fourms in a balance issue. Now he claims the bofer can be easily taken out by 2 volks and 2 rackens, now for anyone who actually plays the game, knows that is not the case at all.

It's similar to someone saying that 3 Jackson's can take out a KT. But what they fail to realize is the skill players have and most of all SUPPORT to the unit in question. some people live on the fourms, with a vacume arguments...
11 Jan 2016, 14:10 PM

The playercard argument is for anyone who post on these fourms in a balance issue. Now he claims the bofer can be easily taken out by 2 volks and 2 rackens, now for anyone who actually plays the game, knows that is not the case at all.

It's similar to someone saying that 3 Jackson's can take out a KT. But what they fail to realize is the skill players have and most of all SUPPORT to the unit in question. some people live on the fourms, with a vacume arguments...

In that case you should not talk in balance section even for a minute with 99% games played as axis.

:hansREKT:
11 Jan 2016, 14:29 PM

Haha. Rekt xD

Hes not wrong about the 2x volk 2x raketen though!
11 Jan 2016, 14:56 PM
Donator 11

If you think Katitof is wrong, then you should not use the playercard-argument (because it is not valid in this case for the reason I have said before), but instead give arguments for that he is wrong on this. Show and prove this. If you can present good arguments for your sake, then Katitof is forced to give proofs for his claims. But until then, Katitof does not need to do anything.
11 Jan 2016, 15:14 PM

Lol I see what's going on here.. who's the girl. Or do you guys rotate...
11 Jan 2016, 15:32 PM
Donator 11

Lol I see what's going on here.. who's the girl. Or do you guys rotate...

Ok, I am a nice person so I can prove this, even if it is no need to do it, because I follow the rules on this:
(1) If someone asks a question, and expects a yes-answer to it (Is Bofors OP?), which asks for a change to a existing system (the change is of course to nerf Bofors).
(2) And someone else (Katitof) answers "No" and gives a solution to this (2x Volks, 2x Raketen), so that there is no need to change the system.
(3) Then the person who wants to change the system (that is to nerf the Bofors), must prove that the person who wants to keep the status quo (that is no change) is wrong on this to win the argument against that other person.

The solution in (2) can be given by the worst CoH2-player in the history of the game, and still be correct. You don't need to be a good player to solve a problem.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight