Login

russian armor

Comet is wicked

9 Jan 2016, 20:16 PM

I rather get 2 cromwells then waiting for Comet.
9 Jan 2016, 20:18 PM

On the other hand, saying the panther has a better gun is just wrong. Sure it has more penetration but the comet still has very serviceable penetration on top of actually being useful against infantry.

I prefer a gun that reliably penetrates and can kill through smoke over a gun with Ai abilities, no projectile and bad penetration. When comparing penetration, keep in mind that axis units usually fight against inferior armor with higher penetration while allies have to fight superior armor with lower penetration.

The Panther can also upgrade an MG which is not strong but still useful.
9 Jan 2016, 20:26 PM

I prefer a gun that reliably penetrates and can kill through smoke over a gun with Ai abilities, no projectile and bad penetration. When comparing penetration, keep in mind that axis units usually fight against inferior armor with higher penetration while allies have to fight superior armor with lower penetration.

Actually, comet and ff have projectile now.

Doesn't change the fact that most of comets stats are inferior to panther and it doesn't have pintle mg.
9 Jan 2016, 20:40 PM

Actually, comet and ff have projectile now.

The Comet still has fancy effects instead of a projectile...
The changes applied to the Firefly only.
9 Jan 2016, 21:12 PM

Alright so when we compare the OST Panther and the Comet, we can say they have the same price.

What you get with Panther is a reliable penetration and a well armored vehicle fully effective in AT but not effective in AI. Yes, there is the hullgun, but..

However, what you get with Comet is a fully AI tank, but its also pretty decent against vehicles too.. yes, it cannot really f2f with a panther, but i think it has much better AT performance than Panthers AI performance.

I really dont know why OKW Panther price is 200FU now... i think thats a bad idea... and i dont know why Comet has to overkill infantry so much. Its base stats are pretty good against infantry, but in addition veterancy level gets it better, and on the top of it you can upgrade with a commander for better accuracy.

All i want is to:
  • change tank commander with its accuracy buff to an upgradeable hull MG
  • change vet accuracy bonuses to penetration bonuses

Comet would be still effective against infantry with its base stats and the mg upgrade (and the phosphorus shells... and the tank grenade...) but atleast it could not chase down retreating infantry. Less overkill on infantry, for a bit of penetration...
9 Jan 2016, 21:28 PM

Reliable penetration helps against volks blobs... How?

The penetration on the comet may not match the panther but it's still world's above any other allied medium and better then many tank destroyers.

And yeah it's true the comet doesn't have a pintle mg but the white phosphorous shells and commander upgrade are easily worth more. Also non vet free blitz.

I am not saying the comet is overpowered or the panther is underpowered but don't sell the comet short.
10 Jan 2016, 01:11 AM

Reliable penetration helps against volks blobs... How?

The penetration on the comet may not match the panther but it's still world's above any other allied medium and better then many tank destroyers.

And yeah it's true the comet doesn't have a pintle mg but the white phosphorous shells and commander upgrade are easily worth more. Also non vet free blitz.

I am not saying the comet is overpowered or the panther is underpowered but don't sell the comet short.

It's about task distribution. I'd rather have 1 strong AI unit + 1 strong AT unit than 2 units who perform mediocore in both ways (allies have plenty of those units). The Comet relies entirely on it's main gun to hit the infantry which makes it extremely RNG based.

The penetration is not better than many tank destroyer. The only tank destroyer with worse penetration is the M10. All other allied mediums (TD excluded) have a worse penetration but also don't suffer from horrendous tech costs and they cost 140 fuel or less. The Comet requires 225 (bolster and weapon upgrades included) fuel to tech. Even Ostheer has it cheaper.

The phosphorous shells are powerful, if they'd actually work and not fail every 2nd time. The Vet bonuses are pretty meh and don't buff the Comet's raw firepower or durability, such as reload time and health (unlike the Panther).

10 Jan 2016, 01:52 AM

I rather divide my needs. If AI is what i crave then Churchill, since it can actually sponge some damage. If it's tank hunting, then Firefly is the way to go. A mixed bunch of these tanks is probably the best way to go about it.

Comet is a nice toy if you already have the upper hand, but it's too compromised for the price you pay to serve strongly in either role (at least as far its cost in fuel goes).IMHO.

So, no, it doesn't need nerfs.
10 Jan 2016, 14:10 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Jan 2016, 19:51 PMRiCE

I did not say anything about removing its AI, i only said its too much.
The tank can get vet2 and 3 pretty fast, where it receives further accuracy and speed bonuses.

Its nonsense. It shots in the middle of a retreating squad and kills half of them easily, while chasing them to their base...

You talking like "it cant go toe-to-toe" with a panther, while actually the only thing it must worry about is the panther.

Anyway.. i assume its fine here, because its UKF

The fuel and tech price for the comet means that a panther should be out by the time it hits the field. I will say the WP rounds are OP as they can kill AT squads but its reg 17pndr rounds is fair.

There are many other ways to stop him from chasing you down, mines, paks, pfaust, and even your panther. The p4 has a similar AOE profile on its gun so its not an unwarranted amount of damage.
10 Jan 2016, 15:19 PM

i choose brits only for comet dont touch this or i will kill u
10 Jan 2016, 16:42 PM

Why compare Comets and Panthers like they're fighting the same units?

Comets are fighting axis infantry and tanks, Panthers are fighting allied infantry and tanks.

A comet typically necessitates something like a panther to counter. A panther most certainly doesn't necessitate a comet.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★