Login

russian armor

something has to be done with retreat points.

9 Jan 2016, 11:57 AM

I used to think so as well. But even with those buffs, I am still not sure whether OKW can field a convincing answer to MG spam.

That's not the problem with OKW.

This is a problem of SU faction for which maxim spam is most cost-efficient opening.
9 Jan 2016, 13:47 PM

Please remove all the forward retreat points. Its bullshit. There are halftracks for a reason, and command bunkers and FHQs and all that.
9 Jan 2016, 17:50 PM

Sorry if off topic and noobish but what is the Brit doctrinal or non-doctrinal suppression? Vickers kills rather than suppresses and the UC with suppressive fire... I don't know, might work if you had something suppressing to allow the suppression.

Am I missing something?
9 Jan 2016, 19:26 PM

Sorry if off topic and noobish but what is the Brit doctrinal or non-doctrinal suppression? Vickers kills rather than suppresses and the UC with suppressive fire... I don't know, might work if you had something suppressing to allow the suppression.

Am I missing something?

Vickers HMG and Bofors are non-doc suppression (carrier should, but is bugged)

Arty cover is doctrinal.

9 Jan 2016, 20:54 PM

Bofors in garrisoned mode? Yeah it does, hadn't thought of that.

Vickers suppresses though.... Would you mind having a word with the blobs that run straight past an entrenched one of the way to taking out a pit?

They need a word in their shell like.
10 Jan 2016, 00:39 AM
10 Jan 2016, 01:11 AM
Donator 11

So all in favor of a removing it?

Hell friggin yes. Already dreaming of how it'd be like without FRPs. Less overextending with blobs.

Maybe (MAYBE) give Brits FRP only? Idk. Cuz it just fits their style a lot. And the Forward Assemblies aren't hard to counter.
10 Jan 2016, 01:43 AM

To counter blobs, i'd rather they get suppressed and pinned quicker (some sort of group multiplier, like the same stuff they did to pioneers in COH1), so to end that retarded: frontal assault, crawl 20 meters while suppressed, chuck a grenade and kill the HMG BS.

Retreat points in of themselves, the only thing they do is shorten the distance, they don't actively discourage the blob mindset, they just make it mildly more convenient.

And i think it would be kinda douchy to remove that ability from players who aren't using it for those foul purposes.
10 Jan 2016, 02:13 AM

FRP should be similar to the US one in that they should come late game. Once late game rolls round, there are too many things that force a squad to retreat if it looks at them funny. It is pretty annoying running a conscript squad out, walking it onto the front line to grant LoS/cap/whatever, seeing a KT, and retreat for a total of 5s of combat time.

The battles in the early game take longer, so its okay that the travel time is longer too.
10 Jan 2016, 02:49 AM

So all in favor of a removing it?

yeauh
WHO
10 Jan 2016, 02:54 AM

Wow, this is the most agreeance I've seen in the balance forums. I think this would go a long way to balancing 4s without having a huge impact in 1v1.
10 Jan 2016, 03:26 AM

Lets get rid of them. FRP are just bad. we will always have skill based sofe retreats.
10 Jan 2016, 03:28 AM

Do you think if this thread gets big enough, Relic would give it a try? Cause I would REALLY like to see a CoH2 without FRP. EDIT: Also, every faction has on-field healing but Soviets. If FRP get removed, would it be a good idea to give Soviets field medics in some form?
10 Jan 2016, 04:21 AM

If FRPs are gone, what will the major be useful for?

The OKW medic truck I guess should be completely fine, as it can still heal and reinforce.
10 Jan 2016, 04:36 AM

It's a great perk to have it early in a game, on a large map it's a decisive advantage...

Just make them come no faster then a US major.

Thanks
10 Jan 2016, 04:59 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jan 2016, 03:28 AMHorasu
Do you think if this thread gets big enough, Relic would give it a try? Cause I would REALLY like to see a CoH2 without FRP.

hope so

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jan 2016, 03:28 AMHorasu
EDIT: Also, every faction has on-field healing but Soviets. If FRP get removed, would it be a good idea to give Soviets field medics in some form?

I think conscript merge is a pretty fair replacement.
10 Jan 2016, 05:59 AM

US and OKW blob their mainline infantry the most. US and OKW have forward retreats. OKWs is far more annoying IMO since there's is both durable and can be set up relatively early.
10 Jan 2016, 06:36 AM
Patrion 14

10 Jan 2016, 08:26 AM

either show playercard, or stop posting

how about no

1) I dont know how to find one

2) I dont care to go through the effort to appease you for abso-fucking-lutly no reason.

3) requiring peoples playercard to validate your opinion or theirs is retarded.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★