Login

russian armor

something has to be done with retreat points.

9 Jan 2016, 03:54 AM

either give it to everybody, or remove it.

9 Jan 2016, 03:55 AM
Donator 11

Please remove all the forward retreat points. Its bullshit. There are halftracks for a reason, and command bunkers and FHQs and all that.
9 Jan 2016, 04:00 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

We don't need more forward retreat points to counter act the existing ones. Get rid of them all.
9 Jan 2016, 04:44 AM

I can't help but agree. The only tactical element it provides is the ability to throw bodies and to fallback without punishment.
9 Jan 2016, 04:58 AM

They should be removed to discourage YOLO blobbing and promote soft retreats
9 Jan 2016, 04:59 AM

I agree with removing FRP. One of the biggest problems in the game is blobbing. And which factions blob the hardest? The ones with FRP. There is correlation.
9 Jan 2016, 05:02 AM
Donator 11

I agree. Makes maps like Stepps horribly unbalanced
9 Jan 2016, 05:33 AM

IF remove forward retreat, then give all factions reinforce HT in base tech tree that don't have one, and make all 'em cost VERY LITTLE popcap ( ͝° ͜ʖ͡°)

would promote soft retreat
would actually see hts in late game
would balance by homogenization
9 Jan 2016, 06:37 AM

i mostly play soviets, so im really only seeing this from my side.

what really bothers me is that it is next to impossible for me to kill an entire okw squad in the early-mid game because he doesn't even have to think twice about retreating his squad because:

A) it breaks any suppression (not a problem)

and

B) those same units can return to that same battle very quickly, fully populated.

It makes the one one with the FRP nonpunishable for their mistakes. wheras if SU or Ost make that same mistake, they lost that unit for 3+ minutes.
9 Jan 2016, 06:40 AM

if they did remove all forward retreat points the major would need to be buffed/reworked.
9 Jan 2016, 08:44 AM

I would suggest to allow every faction to set a retreat point inside their own base sector...
9 Jan 2016, 08:50 AM

Remove them and maybe add something from Vipper's idea.

They are horrbile. Blobs after blobs, wave after waves.
I just blobbed straight into HMG, but no worries. Just fast retreat and I'll be here again in 20secs.
9 Jan 2016, 09:20 AM

Just like we trialed suppression on light artillery (pak howlitzer/leig), I would really like to trial no forward retreat points for a month, and see how it works.

I fear that this change would greatly inconvenience OKW the most, though, since they lack the right suppression tools.

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Jan 2016, 08:44 AMVipper
I would suggest to allow every faction to set a retreat point inside their own base sector...

+1

This would also help make shifting battles in teamgames a lot more fluent when teams decide to focus on different areas of the map.

However, perhaps we should first try out one change at a time?

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Jan 2016, 06:40 AMAlec
if they did remove all forward retreat points the major would need to be buffed/reworked.

The Major already provides non-doctrinal recon (which is great) and non-doctrinal artillery (which currently sucks). The only thing that would have to get reworked is the vet3 bonus (locking down territory).

All other forward retreat points can, of course, still keep acting as forward reinforcement points, and can retain their other perks (healing, coordinated smoke barrage, garrison bonus).
9 Jan 2016, 09:50 AM

Can't see how you can remove it from OKW, the truck is there for a reason.
9 Jan 2016, 09:52 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Jan 2016, 09:50 AMEsxile
Can't see how you can remove it from OKW, the truck is there for a reason.

So? It still can be forward reinforce and healing.
9 Jan 2016, 09:56 AM

Agree. Remove all FRP. As for OKW,first tech can be made to only be built within the area around the HQ. The other trucks should still be able to be built wherever.
9 Jan 2016, 10:00 AM

I remeber the games without FRP, they there less blobby but not that intense.

So I agree remove them or give every faction a FRP.

Indeed OKW has probably some issues after that due to no supression units in stock.

9 Jan 2016, 10:13 AM

i also always hated FRP. id like to see this blobbing'helper' removed aswell. they should also increase the radius of the retreat area in the HQ. sometimes the units get stuck in each other cause the radius, which disables the retreat function, is way too small.
9 Jan 2016, 10:15 AM

Keep in mind that USF also lack of suppression.
I mean, when was the last time you saw 50cal?

And with buffed Volks + 100% income OKW is not so hopeless anymore.
9 Jan 2016, 10:57 AM

Keep in mind that USF also lack of suppression.

Yes. USF also has some trouble holding on to territory. However, they do have fighting positions.

I mean, when was the last time you saw 50cal?

Try to think ahead.

No FRP means that the Major loses their FRP. This automatically makes fast-teching into Major a bit less desirable. This could create some breathing room for Captain & Lieutenant builds (in doctrines other than the CalliOP doctrine that is...)

Hopefully this will enable/motivate USF to do more combined-arms tactics rather than smoke-and-flank tactics. I would be very excited to play as and against USF in such a setting.

And with buffed Volks + 100% income OKW is not so hopeless anymore.

I used to think so as well. But even with those buffs, I am still not sure whether OKW can field a convincing answer to MG spam.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 23
France 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment