Login

russian armor

T70 needs IMMEDIATE NERF

PAGES (11)down
2 Jul 2013, 16:02 PM

I agree that T70 needs to be nerfed, it has crazy accuracy and crazy range. Like 2 shots and he takes 2 of my pgrens and when I retreat he just polishes them off. I say reduce the accuracy a bit and make the shooting range same as that of the pgrens schreck.
2 Jul 2013, 16:40 PM
Patrion 14

I've seen T70 spam in 2 v 2, the little fucking daleks are awesome. And, yeah, a PAK stands no chance.

But guess what? Cloaking your AT guns is a *Russian* doctrine ability, to add to all their other magic powaz.

It's tough playing Sovs... which win button do I press or do I blame my loss on that OP German strafe ability?
2 Jul 2013, 16:59 PM

Two things we could try, if the first one doesn't work, we add the second option to it.

First Change:

*Reduce T70 range from 40 to 35 (matching panzershrek range).

Reasoning: Good micro means the T70 destroys the shreks before they can shoot.
The panzershrek needs to be fired without moving, and the T70 gets a 50% accuracy penalty if it fires on the move. By matching ranges, the Shrek works like it should: a soft AT solution meant for flanking, especially from cover. The T70 has little choice but to move away form the threat, reducing its effectiveness by 50% while doing so. Threat averted.The T70 will still be very effective against infantry though, so its great for chasing weak shrek squads or vulnerable infantry such as crews.

Second Change:
Lets say that change was not enough. It's still too powerful. Then we can do this (on top of the range):

*Reduce firing rate(modifying cooldown rate and wind down) by about 20%-30%
*Increase damage from 40 to 60

Reasoning: By reducing the firing rate, you can retreat your troops with less damage done (still a victory engagement for the T70) or fire a hasty shrek volley. To compensate for this, we increase the damage 33% so that the shots it does fire, deal a tiny bit more damage (it still doesnt one shot infantry though). This will also increase its effectivenees against light vehicles, for example, it should kill a flamer HT in around 5 shots, instead of 8.

2 Jul 2013, 16:59 PM

No-one here wants to see games decided by who can best take advantage of an exploit, be it T-70s or the German strafe attack. We want to see games decided by player skill.

Unfortunately many of the game balance discussions devolve into bickering over which of the 1-2 exploits that are breaking the game is more powerful, instead of finding ways to eliminate them all together.
2 Jul 2013, 17:01 PM
Patrion 14

As it stands, more or less the entire Soviet faction is an exploit.
2 Jul 2013, 18:02 PM

As it stands, more or less the entire Soviet faction is an exploit.

That's an exaggeration. They are simply more intuitive to play, and far more aggressive.

When German T1 is strengthened (more accurate mortar barrages, better MG42 damage, rifle grenades good vs buildings), then the soviet will suffer in the early game a little bit more.

But to simply throw your hands in the air and scream SOVIETS ARE AN EXPLOIT, is an overexaggeration.... and I say this being an Ostheer player.
2 Jul 2013, 18:04 PM
Patrion 14

^ I wasn't screaming. More of a slightly unhinged hiss.
2 Jul 2013, 19:03 PM

Remove crush first, AT LEAST
2 Jul 2013, 19:08 PM

Yeah, infantry crush on a light vehicle is stupid.
2 Jul 2013, 19:20 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Two things we could try, if the first one doesn't work, we add the second option to it.

First Change:

*Reduce T70 range from 40 to 35 (matching panzershrek range).

Reasoning: Good micro means the T70 destroys the shreks before they can shoot.
The panzershrek needs to be fired without moving, and the T70 gets a 50% accuracy penalty if it fires on the move. By matching ranges, the Shrek works like it should: a soft AT solution meant for flanking, especially from cover. The T70 has little choice but to move away form the threat, reducing its effectiveness by 50% while doing so. Threat averted.The T70 will still be very effective against infantry though, so its great for chasing weak shrek squads or vulnerable infantry such as crews.

Second Change:
Lets say that change was not enough. It's still too powerful. Then we can do this (on top of the range):

*Reduce firing rate(modifying cooldown rate and wind down) by about 20%-30%
*Increase damage from 40 to 60

Reasoning: By reducing the firing rate, you can retreat your troops with less damage done (still a victory engagement for the T70) or fire a hasty shrek volley. To compensate for this, we increase the damage 33% so that the shots it does fire, deal a tiny bit more damage (it still doesnt one shot infantry though). This will also increase its effectivenees against light vehicles, for example, it should kill a flamer HT in around 5 shots, instead of 8.

what combat muffin says.
2 Jul 2013, 20:39 PM

I really believe all that needs to be done is remove crush ability. Maybe reduce range a tiny bit.

I definitely don't think it's as imba as is being suggested here. People need to learn to deal with it like they did with the Wehr AC in vCOH.
3 Jul 2013, 01:56 AM

I really believe all that needs to be done is remove crush ability. Maybe reduce range a tiny bit.

I definitely don't think it's as imba as is being suggested here. People need to learn to deal with it like they did with the Wehr AC in vCOH.

The biggest problem i see is its received accuracy. If it were able to be hit by things shooting at it , it would be counterable. But often(always) it dodges most AT gun shells then kills paks in 2 shots. Had a 2v2 yesterday where i had a 3 man gren squad, 2 paks and my teammate 1 pak. . They were all in targeting range of the t70 set up in a sort of triangle. The t70 came in head on 3 pak shots miss. I set up for a faust but the grens were dead before they shot. With 3 paks shooting at the t70, it manages to circle everyone of them killing all. It got hit once out of about 15 shots, the first pak, it circled it, killed it in one shot boom dead. Drove head on to pak 2 which had missed like 5 shots by this point and kills it in 2 shots. 3rd pak finally gets a hit after shooting at the t70 from the first time it appeared. The t70 takes that shot and laughs, drives head on then around the pak... 2 shots dead. It then proceeds to follow the retreating mgs and mortar squads to base and wipes them out before they get there..............

So how do you deal with something that was programmed to be immensely difficult to hit whilst it has 100 percent accuracy vs your low man squads?
3 Jul 2013, 02:53 AM

The biggest problem i see is its received accuracy. If it were able to be hit by things shooting at it , it would be counterable. But often(always) it dodges most AT gun shells then kills paks in 2 shots. Had a 2v2 yesterday where i had a 3 man gren squad, 2 paks and my teammate 1 pak. . They were all in targeting range of the t70 set up in a sort of triangle. The t70 came in head on 3 pak shots miss. I set up for a faust but the grens were dead before they shot. With 3 paks shooting at the t70, it manages to circle everyone of them killing all. It got hit once out of about 15 shots, the first pak, it circled it, killed it in one shot boom dead. Drove head on to pak 2 which had missed like 5 shots by this point and kills it in 2 shots. 3rd pak finally gets a hit after shooting at the t70 from the first time it appeared. The t70 takes that shot and laughs, drives head on then around the pak... 2 shots dead. It then proceeds to follow the retreating mgs and mortar squads to base and wipes them out before they get there..............

So how do you deal with something that was programmed to be immensely difficult to hit whilst it has 100 percent accuracy vs your low man squads?

Don't use paks. They are useless. Other than that, RNG may have played you a bad hand. They are hard to hit (because they are fast), but they can't shoot straight if they are on the move.

Thing is, even when on the move, their scatter was reduced, so even when they miss, they might damage something. The problem is not their armor or speed, its their damn lethality.
3 Jul 2013, 05:10 AM

Don't use paks. They are useless. Other than that, RNG may have played you a bad hand. They are hard to hit (because they are fast), but they can't shoot straight if they are on the move.

Thing is, even when on the move, their scatter was reduced, so even when they miss, they might damage something. The problem is not their armor or speed, its their damn lethality.

Earlier you made a good suggestion on how to handle the supposed T70 imbalance. But saying "dont use the PAK" seems unreflected. It's often and mostly the only AT you got at that point of the game. Sure, one could always get a PG Shrek Squad for ANOTHER 120 Munitions. But as we know it's easily kited even. When the opponent's attack is supported the PGs will draw all the fire in a supported combat situation.
3 Jul 2013, 05:48 AM

Permanently Banned
Its accuracy, rate of fire and splash is too high.
3 Jul 2013, 06:25 AM

Is Puma driven by snipers? You kidding me?
Even it is PE AC, my Rifles can just sit at green cover, stalling for counters

Now while T70 appears and your squad don't retreat at the first second, IT WILL BE GONE FOR SURE
3 Jul 2013, 07:01 AM

2 PG squads (which u should have since ever) with upg deal easy with it, even with cover since those shreks shoots as fast as a fck MG42 - also u may pick at gun before.

And as someone said before t70 means su will be delayed which means - u may rush your stronger tanks faster then him.

Balance is ok - ppl just need to start belive in those imba PG.

Ye and i must admit that crush ability is fck dumb.
3 Jul 2013, 07:59 AM

2 PG squads (which u should have since ever) with upg deal easy with it, even with cover since those shreks shoots as fast as a fck MG42 - also u may pick at gun before.

And as someone said before t70 means su will be delayed which means - u may rush your stronger tanks faster then him.

Balance is ok - ppl just need to start belive in those imba PG.

Ye and i must admit that crush ability is fck dumb.

And 240 munition just for one fucking cheap tank -> balance is ok

Are you crazy?
3 Jul 2013, 08:18 AM

Don't blame him. Soviet Players probably can't even imagine what it means to have less than 200 ammo floating.

:P
3 Jul 2013, 08:40 AM

Exactly this.. if they made it where the germans didn't need 5 million ammo to get everything (yes I am exaggerating) then we would have a better chance.

120 Ammo for shreks? I think that's a joke if im honest especially since the only other AT the Pak is as useful as a chocolate tea kettle.

Its just minor things that need tweeking on the germans side to make it a bit more balanced so we aren't always on the back foot as soon as the game starts.

PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS