Login

russian armor

T70 needs IMMEDIATE NERF

PAGES (11)down
9 Jul 2013, 16:30 PM

Guards are decent AT INF with the magical button ability. Then just bring your zis, t34, or su85, and cons to disable vehicles and say goodbye to german armor. And comparing ostwind and t70 lol.. thats fail. When is the last time you saw an ostwind when there is the p4 option... no decent german player gets that unless the gMe is already won. They rather opt for the p4 with good AT and AI.
9 Jul 2013, 17:01 PM

If the t70 gets a nerf then so should the ostwind and flamenwurfer because they are just as powerful and do the exact same thing. End of convo.

Oh and can we have anti tank infantry please? I would love some shreks....

Do you know how expensive is flamer HT and Ostwind?

And do you know how cheap is a T70?
9 Jul 2013, 17:48 PM

Do you know how expensive is flamer HT and Ostwind?

And do you know how cheap is a T70?

Off the top of my head no, I assume the t70 is comparable to the ostwind in price, if not I would be down for upping the price a bit, but a nerf to its capabilities? No way, then we would have nothing like the germans have to deal with infantry in an OP way
9 Jul 2013, 18:01 PM

^^^^lost all credibility gg thanks for showing.
9 Jul 2013, 19:20 PM

All of these threads seem to derail into swear words and insults :/

I was going to reply to Mr. Hyde and there's like 70 replies lol.

An Ostwind is expensive, and they even slowed the amount of time it takes to arrive once purchased. Its also considerably slower than the T70, which means ATG have a longer window to shoot them, especially when their engine has been damaged.

If the enemy chose to go Ostwind, and you do not have a proper counter for it, then it means that as Soviet, you lost your early game advantage. Soviets dictate the pace at first, and if you lose it, then you'll have a hard time.

First off: you've got great, affordable mines as Soviet. If you smell that Ostwind coming into your base, well just mine that sucker.

Second: The T70 can arrive much faster than the Oswtind to the fight, deal damage, cause a ruckus, and then get killed. If the Soviet plays his cards right, he can have a T34 in the field before the Ostwind. The T34 kills the Ostwind (it will get damaged, though, but you still win by attrition).

Third: This is somethinga lot players do not consider: if shit hits the fan, what are the consequences? If you lose a T70, you are set back, but not by much. You just forced the Germans to bring a tank quicker, or spend on shreks or in the worst case scenario, just a mine or pak. But they spent valuable resources to them.

If a German player loses that Ostwind, they will realize they made the wrong decision: they probably should have purchased that Panzer IV, but now they do not have that fuel. The Soviets now have the advantage, and if they already had, then you better man up, because they are three steps ahead of you.

@mjsegaline:

For contrast, here's a rundown of the costs...

A t70 is 160mp and 55 fuel.
An Ostwind is 320mp and 115 (not even counting the mandatory fuel for T1, T2 and T3 escalation upgrades).

The Ostwind has the SAME range as the T70, and the SAME damage. However, the Oswtind has a near range, too (get too close, and it cant shoot you). Not only that, the Ostwind has a delay after it shoots, the T70 DOESNT, and the T70 also reloads FASTER. The T70 is also a LOT faster.

So yes, for a difference of TWICE the manpower and fuel cost, the Ostwind should have some better armor and Anti Air...

9 Jul 2013, 20:50 PM

Off the top of my head no, I assume the t70 is comparable to the ostwind in price, if not I would be down for upping the price a bit, but a nerf to its capabilities? No way, then we would have nothing like the germans have to deal with infantry in an OP way

:lolol: That explains so much!

They're not remotely similar cost, T70 is dirt cheap and doesn't require teching to T3 in the linear fashion that Ost does.

I mentioned this in another thread - anytime you start using "we" or "you" or whatever, you need to take a step back and consider the game as a whole, not your favorite or unfavorite faction. There are problems and OP / UP stuff in both, everyone acknowledges that. They need to be dealt with piecemeal without going over the edge on "ZOMG BUT WHAT ABOUT XYZ?"
1 of 4 Relic postsRelic 10 Jul 2013, 19:23 PM
Developer Relic Badge

My opinion is that there aren't enough effective counters given the time period the T70 can come out. I'd like to see the Pak being more accurate against the T70, as pointed out it tends to miss quite frequently at long range.

For now, I find your best bet is to use the teller mine as it does one shot the T70. Most maps have very opportune positions to lay these mines at.
10 Jul 2013, 22:26 PM

My opinion is that there aren't enough effective counters given the time period the T70 can come out. I'd like to see the Pak being more accurate against the T70, as pointed out it tends to miss quite frequently at long range.

For now, I find your best bet is to use the teller mine as it does one shot the T70. Most maps have very opportune positions to lay these mines at.

Buffing the PAKs long range Accuracy should definitly help. while we are at it: have u also recognized that the vet1 stun ability of the PAK ( also for stugs) is missing almost always at long range. at least it seems to me it does.

regards
ace
2 of 4 Relic postsRelic 10 Jul 2013, 22:41 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Yeah, working on improving that vet ability Ace.
10 Jul 2013, 22:58 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Yeah, working on improving that vet ability Ace.

do a favor and add some variety to the abilities right now it seem all the russians have is capture point even the is2 has it which is supid.
10 Jul 2013, 23:05 PM

You guys really just won't be happy until every decent soviet unit has been made useless. The maxim never needed a nerf for the following reasons:

The maxim has terrible suppression
The maxim has a terrible cone of fire
The mg42 has instant suppression
The mg42 has a huge cone of fire
The mg42 can be made right off the bat and can completely lock down resources in combination with mg bunkers, within the first 2 mins of the game.

Now after the patch, due to ridiculous amounts of complaining because germans were not slaughtering everything with no effort like is expected by the german playerbase, the maxim has had a major reduction in dps, and its one actual plus, the ability to pack and unpack, was nerfed.

So it is now basically a poor mans mg42 with no real benefit. In conjunction with the fact that soviet mortars were also made inferior to the german mortar, effectivly making us have no viable counter to german mg and mg bunker resource lockdown/spam early game.

Whats next on the chopping block? The Su-85 like so many people are complaining about? Yes, why not remove our only tank killing unit? Might as well, its only natural seeing as the apparent goal here is to decapitate the russian faction.
10 Jul 2013, 23:09 PM
Honorary Member Badge

lol do you understand how to play coh because honestly you don't sound like it. it has nothing do with trying to make the russians weak its trying to balance so its even on both sides. did you watch the TFN tourney russians won like every game.

also with the maxim if you micro properly you can out maneuver everyone because the setup and pack up time was so fast.

coh series is bout asymmetrical balance some units are gonna be better on each side thee not gonna be exact equivalents. the game isn't about MG vs MG or tank vs tank its about combined arms. wait didn't i already explain this.
11 Jul 2013, 00:44 AM

You guys really just won't be happy until every decent soviet unit has been made useless. The maxim never needed a nerf for the following reasons:

The maxim has terrible suppression
The maxim has a terrible cone of fire
The mg42 has instant suppression
The mg42 has a huge cone of fire
The mg42 can be made right off the bat and can completely lock down resources in combination with mg bunkers, within the first 2 mins of the game.

Now after the patch, due to ridiculous amounts of complaining because germans were not slaughtering everything with no effort like is expected by the german playerbase, the maxim has had a major reduction in dps, and its one actual plus, the ability to pack and unpack, was nerfed.

So it is now basically a poor mans mg42 with no real benefit. In conjunction with the fact that soviet mortars were also made inferior to the german mortar, effectivly making us have no viable counter to german mg and mg bunker resource lockdown/spam early game.

Whats next on the chopping block? The Su-85 like so many people are complaining about? Yes, why not remove our only tank killing unit? Might as well, its only natural seeing as the apparent goal here is to decapitate the russian faction.

In fact, maxim has higher suppression than mg42. (0.02 to 0.0159) And why don't you consider that maxim had twice as much health as mg42. (now it's 1.5) Also, I regard any German player who construct early bunkers is a noob and it was always right.

Please don't blame all the German players as whiners. Their complain is completely legitimate and justifiable. I play more as German (like 6:4) and consider I'm better with Germany. Still I have much higher win rate as Soviet. (like 70% to 50%) Of course, Germany dominates in 3:3 or 4:4 (I have more than 80% win rate.) but that should be balanced by nerfing cargo truck and strafing run.
11 Jul 2013, 00:57 AM

In fact, maxim has higher suppression than mg42. (0.02 to 0.0159) And why don't you consider that maxim had twice as much health as mg42. (now it's 1.5) Also, I regard any German player who construct early bunkers is a noob and it was always right.

Please don't blame all the German players as whiners. Their complain is completely legitimate and justifiable. I play more as German (like 6:4) and consider I'm better with Germany. Still I have much higher win rate as Soviet. (like 70% to 50%) Of course, Germany dominates in 3:3 or 4:4 (I have more than 80% win rate.) but that should be balanced by nerfing cargo truck and strafing run.

If you honestly think the maxim has a higher suppression then the mg42 you have either never played the game, are misinformed, or a complete moron. Or all three.

It takes 3 or 4 bursts from a maxim to put infantry into yellow suppression, one burst from an mg42. It is almost instant for an mg42. Your little number ratio does not account for rate of fire. *rolls eyes*
11 Jul 2013, 01:00 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jul 2013, 23:09 PMWiFiDi
lol do you understand how to play coh because honestly you don't sound like it. it has nothing do with trying to make the russians weak its trying to balance so its even on both sides. did you watch the TFN tourney russians won like every game.

also with the maxim if you micro properly you can out maneuver everyone because the setup and pack up time was so fast.

coh series is bout asymmetrical balance some units are gonna be better on each side thee not gonna be exact equivalents. the game isn't about MG vs MG or tank vs tank its about combined arms. wait didn't i already explain this.

I watched the tourney and everytime russians won with clown car. Literally same setup, every game they used an exploit. Exploit aside, the russian untis are all weaker in comparison, and many of the tactical options the germans have we dont. AT infantry and mg turrets are good examples.
11 Jul 2013, 01:20 AM

If you honestly think the maxim has a higher suppression then the mg42 you have either never played the game, are misinformed, or a complete moron. Or all three.

It takes 3 or 4 bursts from a maxim to put infantry into yellow suppression, one burst from an mg42. It is almost instant for an mg42. Your little number ratio does not account for rate of fire. *rolls eyes*

I admit that was my mistake. I thought it's weird too seeing the numbers without considering rof. Still most people will agree that maxim was too strong. We will see if this nerf is too much as you claimed. By the way, can you explain how suppression works exactly? I'm just curious.
3 of 4 Relic postsRelic 11 Jul 2013, 01:28 AM
Developer Relic Badge

Keep in mind, that because the MG42 suppresses so quick, it effectively halves its DPS as a result. The Maxim is actually able to maintain its full DPS for longer since it takes longer to suppress. So although you won't suppress instantly, you will do more damage in the meantime.

11 Jul 2013, 01:29 AM

I admit that was my mistake. I thought it's weird too seeing the numbers without considering rof. Still most people will agree that maxim was too strong. We will see if this nerf is too much as you claimed. By the way, can you explain how suppression works exactly? I'm just curious.

Suppression has two stages yellow and red, at yellow the units are put to the ground and slowed in movment, in red they are pinned and useless and u must retreat them or die. The mg42 puts units into the yellow stage almost instantly, the red comes very shortly after. It takes the maxim a good 6 to 8 bursts to put one infantry unit into red.
11 Jul 2013, 01:32 AM

Keep in mind, that because the MG42 suppresses so quick, it effectively halves its DPS as a result. The Maxim is actually able to maintain its full DPS for longer since it takes longer to suppress. So although you won't suppress instantly, you will do more damage in the meantime.

Did not know that, good to know. That being said, please stop the nerf bat, the soviets have assumed the position.
11 Jul 2013, 01:39 AM

Suppression has two stages yellow and red, at yellow the units are put to the ground and slowed in movment, in red they are pinned and useless and u must retreat them or die. The mg42 puts units into the yellow stage almost instantly, the red comes very shortly after. It takes the maxim a good 6 to 8 bursts to put one infantry unit into red.

Of course, I know this. Do you really think that I haven't played this game? I'm asking you the suppression formula regarding suppression number, burst duration, rate of fire, and possibly more factors.
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS