Login

russian armor

Ghost structures and how to ghostbust it

3 Jan 2016, 18:20 PM

Either auto-cancel barbed wire, tank traps and sandbags that aren't completed or give them very low health.

Those are my 2 cents, your thoughts?
3 Jan 2016, 18:32 PM

Make them dissapear after XX seconds if not complete.
3 Jan 2016, 18:34 PM

l2p
scrub
git gud

Nah but seriously, I'm glad you didn't go on a salty rant.
That being said I think ghosting is perfectly acceptable as a mechanic.
Because the scrub mentality is our enemy, and depth is our friend.
3 Jan 2016, 18:35 PM
Patrion 14

It's a feature to ghost reinforced barb wire cover as OKW and have rifles shooting at them for 5+ seconds and having them still alive.
3 Jan 2016, 18:37 PM

Oh boy I have a story about that.

OKW guy went fortifications, he knew I already have the stronk t34/76 so in a hurry, he just half-finished each of his tank traps. Still blocked my tanks.
3 Jan 2016, 18:57 PM

It's an issue that can be (easily and effectively) solved in many ways, including the ones you mentioned. Let's hope Relic agree and the fix makes the next patch.
4 Jan 2016, 01:51 AM

Health should scale based on percentage complete or it should vanish after a time.
4 Jan 2016, 01:59 AM

A simple 300% Damage modifier or something on unfinished defenses would be more the enough to fix it. Not sure why they haven't done it already.
4 Jan 2016, 02:13 AM

Just remove the collision on unfinished objects. Anything can just phase through them; they won't block anything or get in the way.
4 Jan 2016, 03:04 AM

Just remove the collision on unfinished objects. Anything can just phase through them; they won't block anything or get in the way.

wise
4 Jan 2016, 06:12 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I see bug problems coming where it builds with squads inside it and teleports them somewhere weird.

I think the best solution is to make them disappear after say 20 seconds of not being built. Simple and effective fix.
4 Jan 2016, 06:33 AM
Patrion 15

Some people say "Its easy just attack attack" "l2p issue" "Its tactic" "adds depth"

JUST NO

There is no skill in It. You just stop making wire or sandbag after 1 second. Its not like Kiting or any other skill based action at RTS games. It may have low heath but because of the RNG It may take 20 shots to kill %5 hp sandbag. So Its not like you can instant destroy It.

It is a broken mechanic, which passes Relic's code knowlage to find a way to fix It. So there for leaves It out there for abusing. My only hope professional organizers like ESL should ban using Ghosting.
4 Jan 2016, 07:34 AM

l2p
scrub
git gud

This. Imagine what will Starcraft becomes if the community flooded with nubs just one reply above. :foreveralone:
4 Jan 2016, 09:59 AM
Patrion 15

Never in history of Sc2 they allowed broken "mechanics" so I dunno what are you talking about and Ive played 2 seasons in platinum league.

Also Its really shocking that people who ghost, think they are in a elite group of doing hard thing :D Dont you think I'm doing It also? Couse I have to, If wana win but that doesnt change the fact thats broken piece of mechanic.
4 Jan 2016, 14:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Jan 2016, 09:59 AMruzen
Never in history of Sc2 they allowed broken "mechanics" so I dunno what are you talking about and Ive played 2 seasons in platinum league.

Also Its really shocking that people who ghost, think they are in a elite group of doing hard thing :D Dont you think I'm doing It also? Couse I have to, If wana win but that doesnt change the fact thats broken piece of mechanic.

It is not about broken mechanics but attitude towards any potential strategy.
If it is in the game, it is just stupid not using it, period.

Zerg drone can do the similar "ghosting" hatchery or anything, blocking enemy fast expand, extending its survival life time and so on.

If necessary, you can "ghost" build a blocking Nexus buying time.

It is the same case, so why not?
4 Jan 2016, 14:46 PM

It is not about broken mechanics but attitude towards any potential strategy.
If it is in the game, it is just stupid not using it, period.

That is... book example of exploiters excuse.
"If its in, its stupid not to use it" didn't seemed valid when sprice was stacking capt buff for army of Hawkeye and Flash hybrids.
It didn't seem valid when people were cloning obers with team weapon scavenge.

Ghosting of any kind is nothing more but a simple exploit, its beyond retarded to even argue it being "valid strat".

Zerg drone can do the similar "ghosting" hatchery or anything, blocking enemy fast expand, extending its survival life time and so on. It is the same case.

That still costed some actual resources and mechanics of SC2 aren't exactly what I'd call well developed or complicated when LoS on "smoke" or elevation difference is most complicated map mechanic you can use.

Now, as it was already said, simple heavy dmg modifier while its constructed should be enough to fix it.
4 Jan 2016, 14:58 PM

l2p
scrub
git gud

You play comp stomp dont u?
4 Jan 2016, 14:58 PM

That is... book example of exploiters excuse.
"If its in, its stupid not to use it" didn't seemed valid when sprice was stacking capt buff for army of Hawkeye and Flash hybrids.
It didn't seem valid when people were cloning obers with team weapon scavenge.

Ghosting of any kind is nothing more but a simple exploit, its beyond retarded to even argue it being "valid strat".

If rules doesn't disallow those, then it is still stupid NOT using it, as long as it is NOT cheating.
You play to win, tourney players play for money. That's it.

Exaggerating won't help you arguing. If it is really so overpowered, you can only blame the dev, not the players.
4 Jan 2016, 15:14 PM

If rules doesn't disallow those, then it is still stupid NOT using it, as long as it is NOT cheating.
You play to win, tourney players play for money. That's it.

Sure, but that still is exploiting.
There is just no other word to it.
You're using unfinished structure, which acts like finished one HP wise, that is definition of exploiting and abusing.

Exaggerating won't help you arguing. If it is really so overpowered, you can only blame the dev, not the players.

I'm not blaming anyone for using it and I'm not exaggerating here.
It is relic fault for not addressing it effectively enough(as it was addressed once in the past already), but its plain exploit, regardless of pov.

Its not old rifle company, where you simply rode on the balance issue, its broken mechanic which allows you to benefit greatly for close to no effort, its relics fault and its relic that needs to fix it, its not bannable exploit, so use it to your hear content.
We were littered with stuff like this in the past, give it 6 months-1 year longer(and NO new factions) and the game will be where it should be long ago.
4 Jan 2016, 15:22 PM

Sure, but that still is exploiting.
There is just no other word to it.
You're using unfinished structure, which acts like finished one HP wise, that is definition of exploiting and abusing.

And I recalled almost 80% of RTS, unfinished structure acts like finished one HP wise, and able to refund, with or without penalty. There is no exploit.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★