Login

russian armor

Enough is enough, fix the Rifle blobs

2 Jan 2016, 22:23 PM

Of course they should keep 2 of them but for the cost of lower efficiency, like cut DPS for 40%.

Yeah I think you're right. Well, maybe not 40% but a nerf would probably improve gameplay.
2 Jan 2016, 22:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Dec 2015, 20:15 PMRappy
Seriously, it's tiring now. It's actually making me despise one of my favorite games. Just remove the dual wielding ability.

The game is freaking BORING on axis side because of this. You join a game, see 2 USF and you want to kill yourself.

Fix it already...

Spitting scopes on HT, double mg42s and they can't touch you
3 Jan 2016, 06:26 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Jan 2016, 22:16 PMZyllen

i dont need to do jack shit. their is a vid that shows that 4 rifle zooks can easily handle a kt. your argument that the zook is not effective is not valid. also i let the kids play on my steam account during lan parties creating an unusable player card.

no proof = argument invalid.
3 Jan 2016, 07:16 AM

To you maybe, but having seen that vid last week I declare that valid. It simply demonstrates Bazookas as formidable opponents to heavy armor. You can recreate it easily yourself in CheatCommands Mod.
3 Jan 2016, 08:44 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Jan 2016, 02:01 AMpugzii
People should be in top 100 to post on the balance forums, getting tired of these official board kids coming and posting total shit.

Thats some logic right there. So just because you are within said group you think revoking the right of speech for people outside that group will make it better and contribute to what you think is a reasoned debate among equals?

I'm going to use the same form of reasoning that you did. albeit with a little more backstory. Here it comes.

You know, we all hate online cheaters. People that go beyond measure to alter a game in such a way to exploit certain mechanics or alter them so that benefits them providing them with an advantage over their online adversaries. It really implies a how sad a person must be if he or she chooses to cheat in online games. Not? So ill rephrase so you'll understand it.

"People who cheat shouldn't be allowed any access to online gaming / forums anymore, getting tired of these script kiddies coming and acting like their opinion still matters"

ofcourse this is easy and does not contribute to the discussion at hand any way. But seeing as your reply didn't either it's fair enough to call you out on your bull pudding before you spout off at others yourself. You can't act all high and mighty when you yourself aren't of unimpeachable conduct. Therefor, nullifying everything you say, because who wants to listen what you have to say, right?

if you're going to explain your vac ban at the hands of your little brother or "friend" that accessed your account, just save yourself the trouble, just. Don't.
4 Jan 2016, 14:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Jan 2016, 08:44 AMNickbn

Thats some logic right there. So just because you are within said group you think revoking the right of speech for people outside that group will make it better and contribute to what you think is a reasoned debate among equals?

I'm going to use the same form of reasoning that you did. albeit with a little more backstory. Here it comes.

You know, we all hate online cheaters. People that go beyond measure to alter a game in such a way to exploit certain mechanics or alter them so that benefits them providing them with an advantage over their online adversaries. It really implies a how sad a person must be if he or she chooses to cheat in online games. Not? So ill rephrase so you'll understand it.

"People who cheat shouldn't be allowed any access to online gaming / forums anymore, getting tired of these script kiddies coming and acting like their opinion still matters"

ofcourse this is easy and does not contribute to the discussion at hand any way. But seeing as your reply didn't either it's fair enough to call you out on your bull pudding before you spout off at others yourself. You can't act all high and mighty when you yourself aren't of unimpeachable conduct. Therefor, nullifying everything you say, because who wants to listen what you have to say, right?

if you're going to explain your vac ban at the hands of your little brother or "friend" that accessed your account, just save yourself the trouble, just. Don't.

Balance is a completely different subject, in a perfect world, it should not be subjective. The problem you have is the majority of people who are beaten by a specific unit, or have troubles beating certain tactics etc believe strongly it is a balance issue rather than a strategy one. I would say almost 80%+ of balance threads belong in the strategy forum. If you go around and take a poll of the amount of threads created and their ladder rank, its usually 500/1000+. This forum had the advantage that it wasn't plagued to much by balance spam. If you go and looked at the official forums balance area, it was literally toxic.. 'panther shouldnt ever die to sherman', 'shermans should be 40 fuel' etc with the odd historical justification thrown in.

I was VAC banned in CSGO a year ago trying to duplicate items using a DDL injected memory hack I wrote, VAC got me :( My second ban was in rising storm and I was only banned because I already had a VAC ban (they carry over to ANY VAC protected game :/) Obviously I don't give a shit, otherwise I would simple start a new steam, buy Coh2 in the next sale for $10 and get the same ladder ranks within 1 week.
4 Jan 2016, 14:50 PM

It's just so boring to fight against USF/OKW blobs these days.Is this game still called RTS game?I'm afraid not.The volks blob is enough,the rifle blobs is even worse now.I like playing as OST/SU/UKF,but hate playing as USF/OKW.

The rifle can do everything now,they can throw nades,smoke nades,at nades,and can carry 2 bazookars or 2 LMGs.They can move through poor Wehr infantrys easily,the only counter is the panzerwerfer.The design of USF/OKW is totally wrong since they are released.Now they remove the OKW suppresion of beginning, so do they encourage blob?YES!

Relic, is this game still called RTS game?Enough is enough.
4 Jan 2016, 16:10 PM

Every game the USF rifle blobbs. People are doing it from the start now. It's almost trollish. I wouldn't play this game anymore if I had other options cuz of this bs
4 Jan 2016, 16:12 PM

The problem with blobbing is there is too much reward for too little risk,with their massed firepower and seemingly invulnerable to any sort of fire they can wander the battlefield almost at will.Any unit firing at the blob targets 1 squad aims and fires just like any other exchange,but this ignores the fact that there is a massive target there not just individuals.

What I propose is this:

Any unit firing into a blob has increased ROF,as when combat gets all close and personal,due too the fact that the blob is a much bigger target than the unit.

And any shot fired into the target rich environment has a higher chance to hit something,if not the guy he was shooting at then his mate to his left or his two buddies crowding in behind!

Will this stop blobbing? Probably not,but it will even out the risk/reward ratio

4 Jan 2016, 18:04 PM

Valid question: WTF else do you want to see out of USF?

More Rear Echelon? Choosing the Assault Engineer doctrine and putting a few of those goobers out?

All support weapons and vehicles are locked behind a fuel cost AND require making another infantry squad. Unless USF just floats manpower until they get enough fuel, there's nothing else they can do.

That said, what's more at the root with most blobs are how the maps are designed, especially when the major gets on the field and sets up his mass retreat beacon.
4 Jan 2016, 19:35 PM

Rifles need duel wield to be effective late game, they wouldn't stand a chance against vet 5 volks and lmg grens blobs without them.

You want to stop volk blobs and rifle blobs? easy take shreks away from volks and make shrek squads a 4 man dedicated AT squad with crap AI and fix the gib dmg shreks do to infantry. Give volks an AI upgrade to be on par with rifles and equivalent infantry, the dmg and vet would probably need to be adjusted to not over power them. (what Johnnyb suggested and others that I rarely agree with)

Give USF .50cal at tier 0 and replace .50cal under lieut with a mortar. So USF have a different opening other than rifles.
4 Jan 2016, 19:47 PM

Wanna fix Rifles and OKW blobs? Remove forward retreat points.
4 Jan 2016, 19:54 PM

Every game the USF rifle blobbs. People are doing it from the start now. It's almost trollish. I wouldn't play this game anymore if I had other options cuz of this bs

They are almost doing it from the start?

I agree. If Relic fixed the tiers so they had a choice of mortars or MG's instead of Riflemen in the early game. RE are only good for zooks.

However, the USF blob lacks the insane AT potency of the volk blob. However both need addressing as it is boring to play against. And for the USF it is boring to play as.
4 Jan 2016, 20:10 PM

I love seeing the blobs I just start placing mines everywhere and mg / snipers
4 Jan 2016, 20:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Jan 2016, 10:22 AMhenka

so 8 zooks for a total of what, 400 munition can kill a KT? Forgett that they loose their "omgblob" ability because you just reduced your AI with 40%.

And thats with how many hits/penetrations? 30? 50?

I was the one that posted the vid, and here it is for your enjoyment

https://vid.me/k8JD

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Jan 2016, 22:16 PMZyllen

i dont need to do jack shit. their is a vid that shows that 4 rifle zooks can easily handle a kt. your argument that the zook is not effective is not valid. also i let the kids play on my steam account during lan parties creating an unusable player card.

I don't think this video proves that 4 rifle zooks can easily handle a king tiger. There is 0 micro going on in this video. A good player would be reversing the king tiger and shooting at max range. I think the video shows more that zooks aren't as useless as people say they are when compared to schreks.
4 Jan 2016, 20:35 PM

back to the discussion, it depends. When I play Wermacht and people try to blob the MG42 is god mode. Whoever says Wermacht has trouble with blobs doesn't use them properly (Layer them, buy a lot of them, protect them).

Atleast i have popcap issue with this. After the last patch i am constantly spamming bunkers to get soft retreat points that suppress because i cannot popcap afford more than 2 mg.

With Brits...man it would be nice of the vickers actually pinned at some point.

Vickers is a LOT better than mg42 if you micro it. (ok ok ok Mg42 is a lot better when enemy blobs so hard that they stomp each others feet)

Last 2vs2 game i had against 2 usf players... 20 minutes in game they had 8+6 rifleman squads... Only way to damage them seemed to force retreat to minefield with mg42 and mortars...
4 Jan 2016, 20:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Jan 2016, 20:26 PMZeaviS

I was the one that posted the vid, and here it is for your enjoyment

https://vid.me/k8JD

Wow thanks haha, This makes that kid look like a complete fool.

This was done in the test mod.

It took around 30 seconds or so to kill the KT standing still with no support with 8 zooks shooting in a non game / combat atmosphere.

In a live game contact situation, 30 seconds is a LONG time for a battle. So when the rifles are shooting at this KT, his MG-42 will suppress the blob and negate them or the LMG Grens will mow dont the blob bc they have zooks not BARS or 30s to stop the grens.

And the KT still almost finished off the rifles.

4 Jan 2016, 20:43 PM

It took around 30 seconds or so to kill the KT standing still with no support with 8 zooks shooting in a non game / combat atmosphere.

And the KT still almost finished off the rifles.

Agreed. Although, the zooks performed better than I expected when I made it, considering the way people talk about zooks. I made it to compare the performance of schrek blobs and zook blobs, there are a bunch of other videos I made on the subject. Obviously the non-micro/non-combat atmosphere doesn't make it definitive, but I thought it was interesting. And it's also just 1 fight, you'd need to do a lot more to come to any real conclusion because of RNG. Still kind of fun to see though.
4 Jan 2016, 21:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Jan 2016, 20:26 PMZeaviS

I don't think this video proves that 4 rifle zooks can easily handle a king tiger. There is 0 micro going on in this video. A good player would be reversing the king tiger and shooting at max range. I think the video shows more that zooks aren't as useless as people say they are when compared to schreks.

i should have worded that a bit more carefully. but i was surprised that that the zooks performed on par with the shreks against heavies. especially jarring considering the zook is much better against medium tanks then the shreks.
4 Jan 2016, 22:00 PM

Really you full of it. you said

if zooks could pen panthers or tiger, then yup it would be way too good. but never put zooks on rifles, bad idea

and i said it has been proven that zooks in fact can do decent damage to even the kt and is on par with the shrek.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★