Login

russian armor

Stuka Dive Bomb in base

Should you be able to Stuka Dive Bomb in base sectors?
Option Distribution Votes
30%
70%
Total votes: 80
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
30 Dec 2015, 07:02 AM

This has been a problem for a long time and I've seen countless people use this strategy to wipe out all units in your base while you aren't paying attention. Not only does it make for bad gameplay it is also nearly uncounterable (and don't say get AA to shoot down the plane because all you need is sight for a second to click the dive bomb). The dive bomb in base sector even happend in the recent ESL tournament to Jesulin and caused him to surrender since it wiped out his entire army. Hopefully this happening in the ESL tournament will finally grab Relics attention and they can adjust the ability.

A bit offtopic: The stuka dive bomb costs 160 muni and is probably the strongest artillery strike in the game while also being one of the cheapest (Soviet one is 200 for example). This ability seriusly needs to be reworked.

30 Dec 2015, 07:21 AM

Soviets can do the Samething with the bombing run.... not as cheap but it's do-able especially in 2v2
30 Dec 2015, 08:23 AM

Painfully cheap-tactic.

But, I have not experienced it in 2v2... so... it's probably not a huge problem.

Soviets can do the Samething with the bombing run.... not as cheap but it's do-able especially in 2v2

Two wrongs don't make a right.

edit: Why in God's name are some people voting yes? o.o
30 Dec 2015, 08:35 AM

Of course it shouldn't be. Relic probably just hopes that people will not notice this, so called tactic, to easily win the game. And all other arty should get unable to fire into the base as well. Maybe including on-map.
30 Dec 2015, 08:36 AM

Actually they can't for the simple timing issues, AoE is another story.
Moreover soviets need scouting planes, axis are provided them and other LOS options in stuka docs.

I've seen multiple times stuka on retreat in base, I've yet to see soviets do bombing run like this.
30 Dec 2015, 08:51 AM

Stuka dive bomb in base is, as I said before some months ago, one of the most cancerous things about the game. It was bad before, but then for some reason Relic ninja buffed the aoe radius to be 3x what it was before, and now it has become something completely unacceptable. I am quite frankly appalled that Relic would go out of their way to disallow strafing runs inside the base in one of their more recent patches, yet not only did they exclude the dive bomb, but the new walking stuka barrage in the OKW flame doctrine was made specifically--and it was noted in the relic stream--to be able to be used in base. I cannot think of any reason for this besides complete incompetence and lunacy on Relic's part. Forbid every single off-map from being able to be used inside the base. End all.
30 Dec 2015, 08:59 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Dec 2015, 08:36 AMKatitof

Actually they can't for the simple timing issues, AoE is another story.
Moreover soviets need scouting planes, axis are provided them and other LOS options in stuka docs.

I've seen multiple times stuka on retreat in base, I've yet to see soviets do bombing run like this.

Mortar flares?
30 Dec 2015, 09:30 AM

All off map arty should not be able to be fired in base.

And why should ? Howies right now cannot be placed in base.

Imagine if cancer planes can be fired in your hq , or railway (oh wait it can be).

Also many other atry is able to be fired in base and should not be (sorry if i forgot some)

Soviets
iliushin bombing run
incendiary arty
illiushin starfing run / loiter (thx got it is crappy right now)

Ostheer -
railway
light arty
fragmentation bombs
stuka dive bombs
starfing run / loiter
at strafe / loiter

USA
time on target
p47 starfing / rocket runs / loiters
240 mm arty - DONE
180 mm howitzer barrage from mechanized and recon
white phosporus - your infantry will heal until next christmas if you smoke them in base

OKW
walking stuka offmap
182 mm scavenger barrage AKA 500 munny = bye bye pizza peperroni
zeroin arty - done
stuka starfing / carpet bombing runs - done

Brits
carpet bombin planes aka cancer planes aka air superiority - done
british railway aka 240 mm howitzer barrage - done
arty regiment 100 munny base howitzer firing - (i dont know i used that commader once and afterwards never , he suck)
incendiary attacks - done
starfing / rockets loiter - done
artyllery cover - done

30 Dec 2015, 09:40 AM

If you can't escape the Soviet bombing strike with the 5-10 second warning flares, you surely deserve being wiped.
30 Dec 2015, 09:44 AM

With howies taken out from the base, none off map should be able to target base sector.
30 Dec 2015, 12:52 PM

Permanently Banned
I agree, this arte are to cheap and no flayers :D and try to find what opponent shoot and where its be (behind units or in another position).
30 Dec 2015, 14:56 PM
Donator 22

+1 to everyone. No off map into the base sector. This is so retarded.
30 Dec 2015, 15:07 PM

We all need our safe space! Only way allowable to attack units in base should be vehicles with crush, Tanks with good aoe ai capabilities. No players must not look at the enemy teams doctrines and plan accordingly that would be difficult, battles must go one way and one way only!
30 Dec 2015, 15:11 PM
Donator 33

No off map in bases. Howitzers are no longer there so neither should the strikes.
30 Dec 2015, 15:16 PM
Donator 33

Before someone mentions priest, Stuka zu fuss, LEIG, mortars, M8 as a justified cause to still have this cancer possible let's look at a solution. Relic could preview mod an unable to fire in base sector effect on indirect units probably only the vehicle type ones that are more threatening. done deal.
30 Dec 2015, 15:23 PM
Donator 33

Nobody mentioned Propaganda arty?, you can fire it on to enemy base sector for 80mun and gain line of sight at the sametime and it pins & retreats everyone in the area it lands in...NKVD might be secret OP due to all the information it allows you to have!, along with that, the Propaganda arty can suppress units in garrison´s, making Machine guns useless!...and blow up democharges when it lands on them

30 Dec 2015, 17:43 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

With howies taken out from the base, none off map should be able to target base sector.
30 Dec 2015, 18:07 PM

I don't see a problem with this. If you can force a mass retreat, scout the base and time the drop correctly, you should be rewarded with squad wipes.

The AOE of the explosion is another matter
30 Dec 2015, 20:21 PM

I don't see a problem with this. If you can force a mass retreat, scout the base and time the drop correctly, you should be rewarded with squad wipes.

The AOE of the explosion is another matter

If you don't see a problem with this "strategy" then you have obviously not had somebody use it against you. With CAS its so simple and you can wipe an entire allied army with 200 muni (Recon + Div Bomb) while the allied player literally can't do anything to counter it. Its a cheese strategy that is uncounterable and shouldn't be allowed.

Also the AOE on the dive bomb is huge and even if you start to move your troops away from base after you hear the noice you will still get hit by the dive bomb.
30 Dec 2015, 20:27 PM

Stuka dive bomb should absolutely not be usable in base sectors. More so now that the AoE of the explosion has been increased so substantially. The stuka isn't the only ability that shouldn't be usable in base sectors but it is the most obvious.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★