Login

russian armor

WTF is the logic behind the brace structure ability?

29 Dec 2015, 23:38 PM

It's such a load of bull that a mortar pit composed of a few sandbags can brace so that copious artillery created purely to counter the endless sim city cannot do more than a small amount of damage against them. They brace just long enough for the sappers to arrive with their ridiculously fast repair ability. Count a few seconds and its back up and running again, full health. Why is there such a cheesy mechanic in this game?

And why does the mortar pit out range all other indirect fire in the first place?

So many skilless brit players who just put up emplacements and seal off entire quadrants of the map.
29 Dec 2015, 23:51 PM

Nah,royal engineer+stand fast ability used every time in 4vs4 it's a pain in the ass
30 Dec 2015, 00:08 AM

You know what is a bigger load of bull?

Investing hefty amount of resources, population and scoring some vet on a unit that can't retreat.

If you have trouble with brit emplacements, its because you don't know how to counter them. Its easy, especially as OKW, but its not like wehr struggles with MHT and incendiary rounds.

Force brace, soft retreat for 30 seconds, come back and finish the job.

L2P thread.
30 Dec 2015, 00:11 AM

this ^
30 Dec 2015, 00:22 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Dec 2015, 00:08 AMKatitof

Investing hefty amount of resources, population and scoring some vet on a unit that can't retreat.

If you have trouble with brit emplacements, its because you don't know how to counter them. Its easy, especially as OKW, but its not like wehr struggles with MHT and incendiary rounds.

L2P thread.

During the soft retreat for 30 seconds, they heal to full health.
And you know the OKW counter can't retreat either?
30 Dec 2015, 01:15 AM

I have not had problems dealing with them.
30 Dec 2015, 01:25 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Dec 2015, 00:22 AMRappy

During the soft retreat for 30 seconds, they heal to full health.
And you know the OKW counter can't retreat either?

It's very nice of you to stop bombarding it while your opponent repairs the non-functional mortar pit. And the OKW counter has the rather significant advantage of being able to move.

It is rather funny that people complain about brace when it's rather close to what entrenched positions were actually like. WW1 had taught that artillery was unlikely to actually destroy entrenched positions (and boy did they try). Instead arty bombardments were used to suppress (i.e. force them to brace) and follow up with an attack before the positions could be re-established.

In game there are more than enough highly effective counters to emplacements.
30 Dec 2015, 01:28 AM

It's terrible how they can brace and self repair at the same time. In my opinion brace shouldnt be able to activate again so quickly either.

P.s. That last suggestion might be a lil bias honestly..
30 Dec 2015, 02:49 AM

Just accept the fact that you have to tailor your entire army's makeup and strategy entirely on the terms of the british player just to counter the press of a single button. It sucks, but some people get off on catching the dangling carrot, so it is here to stay most likely.

It is a lopsided amount of micro to handle, but emplacements as vetting, pop capped units is extraordinarily problematic in its own right. There's no way they can exist in their current form without needing something as straightforward as Brace.

Like COH1, the best way to effectively counter the British cheese is to play Allies. :p
30 Dec 2015, 05:09 AM

I don't know what you're smoking but indirect fire is pretty generally part of most successful army makeups (incidentally why the Brits have to rely on a 400 MP static emplacement in the first place), so if you have none and your opponent has blown 400 MP on an emplacement, you should either consider maybe either attacking it and keeping the pressure up, or just stop playing 4v4s for a while and reevaluate what you're doing with your life.
30 Dec 2015, 05:43 AM

This game is not about logic at all, just calm down and adapt, or uninstall.
30 Dec 2015, 06:57 AM

Well, that logic is weird, but it is the same BS as artillery actually doing significant damage to them- that's why they are digging a hole into the ground, to be protected against artillery.
And asking why does a mortar pit outranges all other mortars- wtf? When it will get an ability to move, it can get a range reduction.
30 Dec 2015, 07:14 AM

The LeIG costs not much less than that and gets almost instantly decrewed. Looking at the mortar pit, I should be able to get the same virtual indestructibility by putting up four sandbags around my mortars or LeIGs...

Yes, I have had my fair share of victories using LeIG to counter Brit emplacements with forcing brace etc, but with some situations there is literally nothing you can do, especially when the muthafcka croc appears. Double Brits and its goodbye to everything. How do you counter three mortar pits four bofors and a couple of AT emplacements? Answer: You can't.
30 Dec 2015, 07:16 AM

It's not the range I have a problem with, it's not the Brace I have (much) of a problem with, it's not the rate of fire I have a problem with... it's that they have all these things together.
30 Dec 2015, 07:33 AM

After a serving of 100% Exquisite Noble Tea imported from Ceylon, our lads became fully energetic, able to form a Royal aura ready to withstand against the evil German weapon, for King and Country. britsbrits

Call 020 44 7987 654 321 to order now. :thumb:
30 Dec 2015, 07:36 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Dec 2015, 00:08 AMKatitof

L2P thread.
30 Dec 2015, 07:40 AM

I use it as Brits and I think it's insane... basically, it makes it immortal.

I hope they nerf it.
30 Dec 2015, 07:56 AM

Bofos and 17 pounder AT are quite suitable for emplacements but not the mortars! Simply remove the mortar pit then add a common mobile mortar to the brits,all problems solved.Relic pls!
30 Dec 2015, 12:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Dec 2015, 07:56 AMatouba
Bofos and 17 pounder AT are quite suitable for emplacements but not the mortars! Simply remove the mortar pit then add a common mobile mortar to the brits,all problems solved.Relic pls!

I agree.So much accuracy on moving squad when mortar pit it's vetted makes me retreat all the day.I can't even flank without mortar auto firing through fog of war and alerting enemy..making me lose half a squad..next second another one then i need to retreat
30 Dec 2015, 12:49 PM

I agree.So much accuracy on moving squad when mortar pit it's vetted makes me retreat all the day.I can't even flank without mortar auto firing through fog of war and alerting enemy..making me lose half a squad..next second another one then i need to retreat

Prepare your mind to be blown apart:

Mortar pit doesn't have a single offensive vet bonus that would directly improve its performance in any way.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★