Would you rather use a...
Option Distribution Votes
30%
52%
18%
Total votes: 33
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
26 Dec 2015, 05:03 AM

These units are nearly identical in most aspects, but I'm curious which one I should use? For stormtroopers, they can spawn in ambient buildings, and buy their upgrades in enemy territory. On the downside, they have to purchase their stg's for 100 munitions, which is quite expensive for something that already comes with panzergrenadiers free of charge. One of the upsides to the upgrade is that you get tactical advance which allows you to shred infantry for a short time, but leaves you vulnerable to any infantry on the sidelines. The stormtroopers also have the ability to upgrade to a single panzershreck, and the vehicle detection ability. Depending if you're using the elite troops doctrine, you'll be able to get the jaeger light infantry upgrade, which gives stormtroopers, panzergrenadiers, and grenadiers 2 g43 rifles, and interrogation training. Is it more cost efficient to buy panzergrenadiers or stormtroopers? Please explain why you choose what you choose.

Up-To-Date Unit Stats:
Panzergrenadier: http://www.stat.coh2.hu/squad.php?filename=panzer_grenadier_squad_mp
Stormtrooper: http://www.stat.coh2.hu/squad.php?filename=stormtrooper_squad_mp

Thank's for reading
~Karbinder
26 Dec 2015, 05:34 AM

For general use, Panzergrenadiers are better. Stormtroopers mostly just only good for ambushes with their munitions ability. Which is silly because they're also quiet expensive to just leave sitting around.
26 Dec 2015, 05:37 AM
Patrion 28

eh, it depends. in the long run, i'd prefer stroopers but if i don't have munitions to kit them up i'd go with pgrens. stroopers have a higher upfront cost (you need to buy stgs and pay to shit them out of buildings) but they have a lower reinforce cost.
26 Dec 2015, 05:48 AM

Simply always choose PGrens. Just compared to Partisans/AT Partisans, you will know how useless stormtroopers are.
26 Dec 2015, 05:52 AM

oops click wrong, voted stromtroopers when i want to choose pgrens, you know butterfingers like i retreat wrong sq during combat.
26 Dec 2015, 06:13 AM
Patrion 28

oops click wrong, voted stromtroopers when i want to choose pgrens, you know butterfingers like i retreat wrong sq during combat.

i know those feels :*(
26 Dec 2015, 06:30 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Storms aren't really that far from being worth it over PGs - Tactical Assault is excellence (especially with their cloaking) they have -0.05 target size, and they reinforce much cheaper. However, their StG upgrade is definitely overpriced and Wehrmacht infantry's vet 1 is especially unfitting on them so the fact remains using them is rough without a bunch of munitions.
26 Dec 2015, 08:19 AM

P.G. are more cost efficient than S.T..

The difference in reinforcement cost is (contrary to what has been said here) negligible.

The X.P. of ST is allot higher making them vet very slow compared to P.G.

S.T. have the pros of being able to spwan behind enemy lines, camo, and 2 very expensive abilities (too expensive in my opinion).

On the other hand P.G. can also have access to doctrinal camo but the P.G. also provides first srike bonus accuracy.

On the AT role the Shreck upgrade is more expensive per unit, A.V.D ability is very expensive and not worth using and 1 shreck luck the punch to keep a vehicle away or to protect the unit from being crashed.

S.T. can be used in specialized roles but P.G. are a more cost efficiant option as a main line infantry especially due to X.P. difference that should be looked up by Relic.
26 Dec 2015, 08:43 AM

It's not so easy to answer.

They are similar, but Stormtroopers are amazing with camo, stun nade and can wipe a squad in few secs.
26 Dec 2015, 09:04 AM

Stormtroopers have only one plus compare to PGs they are cheap to reinforce 30 as grens (vs 45 PG)
26 Dec 2015, 09:06 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Dec 2015, 08:19 AMMyself
The difference in reinforcement cost is (contrary to what has been said here) negligible.

The X.P. of ST is allot higher making them vet very slow compared to P.G.

You're going to tell me 101.25 MP to fully reinforce is barely any difference from 127.5 MP to fully reinforce?

I never really thought about that, but it definitely is kinda strange. Perhaps they thought a 270 MP-worth unit (which thus earns XP faster since XP from damage is based off the unit's value against their target's value) with upgrades comparable to a 340 MP platform would compensate. But a 65% higher XP requirement for Storms to vet over PGs is definitely out of wack.
26 Dec 2015, 09:09 AM

Permanently Banned
Stormtroopers have slightly more survivability, at the cost of absurdly high xp requirements, stg price, and worse veterancy for pgrens.

Could be a great unit, but are just plain bad.
26 Dec 2015, 09:30 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Dec 2015, 09:06 AMVuther

You're going to tell me 101.25 MP to fully reinforce is barely any difference from 127.5 MP to fully reinforce?

I never really thought about that, but it definitely is kinda strange. Perhaps they thought a 270 MP-worth unit (which thus earns XP faster since XP from damage is based off the unit's value against their target's value) with upgrades comparable to a 340 MP platform would compensate. But a 65% higher XP requirement for Storms to vet over PGs is definitely out of wack.

You are completely wrong. check your stats. S.T. gain veternacy slower than PG and their reinforcement cost difference is alot less.

You can load a cheat mode and check if you wish...
26 Dec 2015, 10:21 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Dec 2015, 09:30 AMMyself

You are completely wrong. check your stats. S.T. gain veternacy slower than PG and their reinforcement cost difference is alot less.

You can load a cheat mode and check if you wish...

No, I am not saying that Storms in practice vet faster than PGs. I'm saying it is bad right now and possible other factors don't make it worse.

But you're right about the reinforcement cost difference, I managed to totally forget PGs got their reinforce cost reduced to 40% from 50%.
26 Dec 2015, 10:47 AM

The higher XP value and the high munition cost of S.P. is what in my opinion makes them worse than P.G...
26 Dec 2015, 11:00 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Dec 2015, 10:47 AMMyself
The higher XP value and the high munition cost of S.P. is what in my opinion makes them worse than P.G...

Definitely, I'd see little reason to complain about them overall with those issues fixed. They have good points, but too many bad points are hurting their effectiveness.
26 Dec 2015, 11:09 AM

Do SS's also take ages to re-inforce like PG's?
26 Dec 2015, 11:14 AM

ST reinforce slightly faster.

The linear connection of reinforce cost and time is an issue that has been identified (by Vipper) and I agree that is should be fixed (some units reinforce too fast other too slow).
26 Dec 2015, 12:21 PM

Both have their uses. For general close combat fighting the Pgrens are better because they are cheaper. The Stormtroopers on the other hand are better at ambushing and flanking due to their innate cammo and special ability once upgraded.
26 Dec 2015, 12:48 PM

but they always :snfBarton:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 10
United States 5
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L