Login

russian armor

Conscripts Get Down ability. Does it even work?

25 Dec 2015, 12:27 PM

Does it? What bonuses excatly it provides?

PPSH Cons without and with ability vs SP.

As for the different tests it's really RNG. Someties they win agasint Volks on mid/long, sometimes they lose but overall, battle is kinda equal.
Well, I except a bit more from ability which does not allow me to move at all for few secs.
25 Dec 2015, 12:35 PM

Not trying to be to picky but are the SPs more out of cover without the hit the dirt ability?

Anyway, I have used this ability a few time (especially when the support gun could suppress) and I dont see much difference other than the fact cons dont become suppressed, they are vulnerable to being squished through.
25 Dec 2015, 12:37 PM

1)When using HTD, conscripts get yellow cover
2)All cover doesnt work at distances lower than 10m
Does this mean that HTD is useless at distances lower than 10m, at longer distances they get yellow cover? Whats the point of using it at close distance with ppsh then?
25 Dec 2015, 12:39 PM

Time for dr Kori.

First of all it makes u have yellow cover.

Second if your in green cover it will downgrade your cover 2 yellow.

Thirdly makes mg not surpress you.

Is it OP: no

Is it UP: depends, in some sit its pwnsome

25 Dec 2015, 12:40 PM

1)When using HTD, conscripts get yellow cover
2)All cover doesnt work at distances lower than 10m
Does this mean that HTD is useless at distances lower than 10m, at longer distances they get yellow cover? Whats the point of using it at close distance with ppsh then?

So its kinda useless since they can make sandbags everywhere and get green cover :snfPeter:

But this just one example. I made few tests at mid/long vs Volks and I did not notice big difference.
25 Dec 2015, 12:42 PM
Donator 33

Yep, HTD is basically yellow cover that protects you from all directions, and you cant be suppressed, thats it

(in 2013 it gave 0.5 received accuracy bonus, and it stacked with cover, so if you had conscripts in green/Yellow cover with HTD activated, even the snipers would miss you, so relic removed the cover stacking bonus from the ability and nerfed the 0.5 received accuracy to 0.25, atleast i think yellow cover is 0.25 so correct me if im wrong)
25 Dec 2015, 12:54 PM

Has any one tested this against Pwerfer? To retreat or hit the ground
25 Dec 2015, 12:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Dec 2015, 12:54 PMJespe
Has any one tested this against Pwerfer? To retreat or hit the ground

Yellow cover doesn't effect AOE damage, so there is no difference. Always retreat, and I wouldn't suggest you to use hit the dirt at all or picking doctrine with it.
25 Dec 2015, 12:58 PM

The only use for this ability is taking MG's focus with 2 squads Ooorahin to take the fire, hit the dirt and maybe be able to throw a molotov on the mg or allow for other troops to go for the MG through the arc of fire

This ability needs to be looked at, maybe make the cover in a way that it gives a flat Received Accuracy bonus without it actually being cover so it functions even when the enemies are near you
25 Dec 2015, 13:10 PM

Imo its use is to keep the squad in the fight instead of having to retreat if it gets caught by an mg. Then it can get up and sprint to a better position after other squads force the mg to reposition, assuming it doesn't get hit by explosives. Why is that better than just letting them get suppressed/pinned? because it provides cover, doesn't make them suffer progressive damage amplification and lets the conscripts keep shooting at the machine gun without penalty. You are not supposed to use this ability on squads that are fighting general infantry, especially not at the range where cover is nulled, and you are not supposed to use it by default either but merely when you get caught.
25 Dec 2015, 13:19 PM

Imo its use is to keep the squad in the fight instead of having to retreat if it gets caught by an mg.

If you were caught on open ground, MG-34/42 will almost immediately suppress cons, hit the dirt cant be activated during suppressed/pin effect, so its useless against mg ambush. If you know where mg is, you just flank it there is no point in hit the dirt in this situation either.
25 Dec 2015, 13:24 PM
Donator 33

Machine guns deal more damage to units that dont get suppressed (by landing more hits), so if you want to fight a MG 42 with consripts using HTD, you probably will lose that fight :S
25 Dec 2015, 14:01 PM

You can know where the general area of the mg is but good players don't keep their machine guns static and visible from far away. I can imagine that it would help when you are keeping a close eye on advances in such a case.

Yes but you also get cover which mitigates some of the damage.

It's not an amazing ability but to say it's completely useless is an overstatement.
25 Dec 2015, 14:07 PM

You can't use it when suppress and you will be suppressed the moment you spot hmg so it's useless for this.

For range battle it's easier to find green/yellow cover or to make sandbags instead of making yourself immobile.

Pure uselessness.
I'd say that description is invalid. It says that it boost defense so you might expect better defence, than yellow cover defense.
25 Dec 2015, 14:12 PM

Permanently Banned
Why i am not surprised that soviet have again useless ability :D.
25 Dec 2015, 15:26 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Its biggest advantage is mostly the fact the Scripts can get into light cover without having to bunch up in light cover.

When I think about it, I can't see any issue with letting Scripts use HtD while suppressed. The range of Molotovs is short enough and suppressing is rapid enough that there's very few situations where they'll get suppressed and be in range to toss a Molotov anyway - it'd mostly just be a bit helpful for a suppressed squad to do more damage before running away.
25 Dec 2015, 16:30 PM

So its kinda useless since they can make sandbags everywhere and get green cover :snfPeter:

But this just one example. I made few tests at mid/long vs Volks and I did not notice big difference.

Its not useless if you are in the middle of a fight on the road with red cover ;)
25 Dec 2015, 16:53 PM

Its not useless if you are in the middle of a fight on the road with red cover ;)

So you drop down as an invitation for clear nade :P
25 Dec 2015, 20:52 PM
Donator 33

One good thing about this ability is that when you are reinforcing the squad that is using HTD, from a halftrack, the "new" soldier will appear next to the halftrack and wont move from that position, so you can have 5 men in a capping circle and the 6th member of the squad 10 meters behind of the others, so atleast you dont risk losing everyone, if the enemy decides to bombard the capping area and kills the 5 men from the capping area with a lucky hit

(This might confuse the enemy that he has wiped a enemy squad, when in reality the squad is just spread out all over the map, by using the halftrack to reinforce the squad in different positions)

25 Dec 2015, 21:29 PM

As far as I know you do not lose heavy cover if you use it.

That means that if you are flanked by a second squad while behind green cover you can use it to have nondirectional light cover against the second squad while retaining directional green cover from the first one.

It provided light cover even in terrain with other modifiers (water, roads etch.)
You also do not receive any suppression.

It is not a great ability but it is neither useless

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Dec 2015, 12:42 PMATCF
..., atleast i think yellow cover is 0.25 so correct me if im wrong)

yellow cover 0.5 received (and 0.5 suppression), not 0.25 for most weapon that is, the Centaur seems to have lot more better modifier against units in cover for some strange reason....
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 88

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight