Login

russian armor

Conscripts VS Volks?

25 Dec 2015, 04:27 AM

Penals costing the same as Cons wouldNt solve the issue; the unit is simply redundant. The faction already has a fairly cheap, close-range basic infantry with Ooorah that is Ok at clearing buildings. Penals don't do anything Conscripts can't except having a bit more DPS, and they don,t have an AT grenade too.

The unit needs a role change. Either as tough, elite close range infantry (which then plays on the field of Shocks...) or my favored proposal, as Panzerfusilier-esque 6 man, medium-long range infantry, with a flamer upgrade that role changes them to an assault unit by unlocking also Ooorah or something. Or maybe give them lend-lease bazooka upgrade to solve the problem of SU's bad handheld AT. Something.

I agree with this, the only reason to get penals is a more duable squad than CEs that have a flamethrower.

Cons are fine, they'll beat volks in a 1v1 fight and have a lot of utility with merge and both nades. One thing that I'd like to see with cons actually is for them to do what they did with USF when they merged bars and zooks and merge AT and molotov nades into one upgrade.
25 Dec 2015, 04:41 AM

I don't even bother going cons. I simply go maxim spam into Jesus troops into double at gun into IS2 lol

If you do this strat you need one Con squad for capping, protecting initial maxims, and snaring luchs.
25 Dec 2015, 08:44 AM

The only things I'd change is to lower CP for PTRS to 2, PPSH to 1 and give them 4 PPSH, not 3.
25 Dec 2015, 09:47 AM

Pwerfer still has inherent disadvantage of being in wehr t4

and the kat is in soviet T4.. the worst tech building in the game.
25 Dec 2015, 10:39 AM

If you do this strat you need one Con squad for capping, protecting initial maxims, and snaring luchs.

Yes agreed, but it depends on the map. If you have a lot of buidlings, you simply crawl forward with your maxims, while your engineers cap half of the map. Otherwise one con is certainly needed.
25 Dec 2015, 10:58 AM

Yes agreed, but it depends on the map. If you have a lot of buidlings, you simply crawl forward with your maxims, while your engineers cap half of the map. Otherwise one con is certainly needed.

And then PzWerfer wipes your all maxims in one volley :P
25 Dec 2015, 11:39 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Dec 2015, 04:27 AMZeaviS

I agree with this, the only reason to get penals is a more duable squad than CEs that have a flamethrower.

Cons are fine, they'll beat volks in a 1v1 fight ....

So, what about 1xCons in green cover fighting at mid range vs 1xVolks in yellow cover with the result of conscripts having to retreat?

What about 1xCons in green cover and volks approaching to the green cover and making my conscripts retreat?

I've experienced that on early game several times.

Another one, 2 conscript squads at long range stalling vs 1 Volk in green cover, I ooray with the squad that is not receiving fire to get the same green cover as volk. I focus him, he focus my close conscript squad (I move the far conscript squad to the green cover since they are not receiving fire). He kills 3-4 models of my close green cover squad but at the end he have to retreat because another cons squad is coming.
25 Dec 2015, 11:42 AM

So, what about 1xCons in green cover fighting at mid range vs 1xVolks in yellow cover with the result of conscripts having to retreat?

What about 1xCons in green cover and volks approaching to the green cover and making my conscripts retreat?

Another one, 2 conscript squads at long range stalling vs 1 Volk in green cover, I ooray with the squad that is not receiving fire to get the same green cover as volk. I focus him, he focus my close conscript squad (I move the far conscript squad to the green cover since they are not receiving fire). He kills 3-4 models of my close green cover squad but at the end he have to retreat because another cons squad is coming.

Cons are a close range unit. Cover doesn't apply in extremely close ranges anymore. There's also rng in this game so I could tell you the same story with Volks getting beaten by cons. Volks also cost 10 mp more.

The game is very balanced atm and any change runs a real risk to upset this.
25 Dec 2015, 11:46 AM

The effect of only remebering Bad things.
I guess you thought it was skill when the rnggods were on your side and you sniped that gren model with the First volley thus winning a fight which you had otherwise lost :^)
25 Dec 2015, 11:48 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Dec 2015, 11:42 AMDomine

I wouldn't say that.
25 Dec 2015, 11:52 AM

I dont except Cons to win agasint more expensive Volks, but I use this passive ability to drop down, behind green cover and I still lose against Volks behind green cover, well I'm little worried.

Damn, even you put Cons and Volks on mid/long range with neutral cover (no cover) and you use this ability to boost defence, they still lose :brad:
25 Dec 2015, 12:01 PM

Volks also cost 10 mp more.

Ohh, that is excusing everything in this game.
25 Dec 2015, 13:24 PM

And then PzWerfer wipes your all maxims in one volley :P

Pwerfer when facing a OKW player lol? The stuka is so easy to dogde it is laughable. This is where the best mg veterancy ability comes in to play: sprint.
25 Dec 2015, 14:07 PM

Permanently Banned

Cons are a close range unit. Cover doesn't apply in extremely close ranges anymore. There's also rng in this game so I could tell you the same story with Volks getting beaten by cons. Volks also cost 10 mp more.

Not bad :rofl:.
Balanced ? Where PW wipe all unit ? Balanced where ST shoot throw buldings and wood ? balanced where line infatry rekt all targets ? balanced where after calli you cannot retruet ? balanced where heavy tank have ability capture point ? Balanced where faction have nondoctrinal heavy tank ? Balanced where unit can supress another unit coz he have vet 4 ? Balanced where JP are like balance in this game, try to find him after vet 1 :). Balanced where are still broken vet and price ? Balanced where it was rifle company fest ? Balanced where you have ostruppen that in cover in mid/long range win vs all allies infatry ? Balanced where you can drop fuel into fuel point and balanced when you fuel plane hit from AA base ? Balanced where pathing are terrible ?
25 Dec 2015, 14:27 PM

/snip

Yeah alright dude, whatever you say the stats and the actual proof are against you.
25 Dec 2015, 14:44 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post25 Dec 2015, 14:27 PMDomine

Yeah alright dude, whatever you say the stats and the actual proof are against you.

What proofs ?
Stats changes week by week, so in new week its be new stat.
aaa
25 Dec 2015, 14:49 PM

Life have proven that those who ve been saying about and OKW fuel penalty removal are idiots. But what about devs they cannot be on the same level as those axis players.
"OKW overhaul" lol.

OKW have a cheap tech tree (plus it doesnt require enginiers work time) and aditionaly free medics, repair station and big fighting postion with every tier. - That perfectly justifies MP/feul penalty.
25 Dec 2015, 15:26 PM

Make PPsH non-doctrinal, avaible to equip after T3 is build and replace doctrinal PPsH upgrade with DP-28.

This will make Conscripts in line with other 4 factions main infantry.
25 Dec 2015, 15:47 PM

Make PPsH non-doctrinal, avaible to equip after T3 is build and replace doctrinal PPsH upgrade with DP-28.

This will make Conscripts in line with other 4 factions main infantry.

Sounds good. But this could be a terrible overbuff if they get same DPS as "that partisans with PPsH". If only DP for cons would have same stats as others LMGs.
25 Dec 2015, 16:47 PM

The effect of only remebering Bad things.
I guess you thought it was skill when the rnggods were on your side and you sniped that gren model with the First volley thus winning a fight which you had otherwise lost :^)

I can't take your words seriously watching your playercard.

Sorry.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS