Login

russian armor

Conscripts VS Volks?

24 Dec 2015, 17:02 PM

How come conscripts are nowhere as useful as volks and the cost difference is only 10 manpower?

Did anybody ever wonder? volks have 5 Vet levels, access to nades, access to Shreks.

What do conscripts do thats as good as volks? the commander PTRS is a weaker version of the call in units, molotov is so slow team can literally wipe before the damm thing finishes throwing.

Only decent thing is the PPSH upgrade but its commander locked.

Whats the current justification in the units large efficiency gap?

After volks got buffed big time, do they still match their cost to stat ratio when compared to conscripts?

Could anybody shed a light for me regarding the facts?

Much appreciated
24 Dec 2015, 17:12 PM

How come conscripts are nowhere as useful as volks and the cost difference is only 10 manpower?

Did anybody ever wonder? volks have 5 Vet levels, access to nades, access to Shreks.

What do conscripts do thats as good as volks? the commander PTRS is a weaker version of the call in units, molotov is so slow team can literally wipe before the damm thing finishes throwing.

Only decent thing is the PPSH upgrade but its commander locked.

Whats the current justification in the units large efficiency gap?

After volks got buffed big time, do they still match their cost to stat ratio when compared to conscripts?

Could anybody shed a light for me regarding the facts?

Much appreciated

I'm not trying to justify the large efficiency gap, but I wouldn't say they're nowhere as useful as volks. 1 more squad member, oohra, merge, snare and better synergy with the soviet combined arms (which is way better than the okw). Cons are awesome simply.

OKW is weird atm, strong early and late game, manpower cheap, boring tech (barely any decisionmaking) and way too much free stuff. But relic is considering to introduce side tech's which will probably improve stuff. Volks are troublesome, but I don't think it's as bad as some people believe here on the forum. Blowing up blobs with demos is arousing..
24 Dec 2015, 17:21 PM

Glad someone finally brought this up.

Both factions rely on weaker mainline infantry, and elite infantry to do the brunt of the work. But OKW is obviously supperior in this regard.

Not only do volks get superior scaling with vet 5, they also get access to an upgrade that cons do not.

They also get free access to their grenades with zero cost AND more manpower to actually produce them.

And at the end of it all they also have non-doctrinal elites while soviets are stuck with penals.

If both factions begin by spammin their mainline infantry, OKW will come out on top everytime.
24 Dec 2015, 17:22 PM

i think it is because of power creep. conscripts have been left in the dust for awhile (except for that received accuracy buff which was nice). A lot of focus has been on OKW lately
24 Dec 2015, 17:38 PM

Because Conscripts were never supposed to be a good infantry unit, never in the history of CoH 2. Soviets always relied on Commanders and call ins, as opposed to for example Ostheer, which can do fine without choosing a single commander.

Conscripts have a lot of utility and their faction gets different things to get the job done.

OKW also definitely needed that buff. If you want to complain about a faction, go complain about UKF, they're in the dirt currently.
24 Dec 2015, 17:39 PM

I actually think Conscripts perform fine for their cost.

Soviets as a whole is pretty much alright in my opinion. If anything needs to change it's some minor changes to some of the doctrine abilities and maybe a katy-buff to bring it in line with the panzerwerfer in terms of performance.
24 Dec 2015, 17:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Dec 2015, 17:38 PMDomine
Because Conscripts were never supposed to be a good infantry unit, never in the history of CoH 2. Soviets always relied on Commanders and call ins, as opposed to for example Ostheer, which can do fine without choosing a single commander.

Conscripts have a lot of utility and their faction gets different things to get the job done.

OKW also definitely needed that buff. If you want to complain about a faction, go complain about UKF, they're in the dirt currently.

Never in the history of coh2 were OKW supposed to have 100% muni and fuel income. That's why Volks are good, and their units ar e very powerful.

Oh...
24 Dec 2015, 17:42 PM

Never in the history of coh2 were OKW supposed to have 100% muni and fuel income.

Except they were, and they had 100% income.
24 Dec 2015, 17:44 PM

Just volks overbuffed.
24 Dec 2015, 17:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Dec 2015, 17:42 PMDomine

Except they were, and they had 100% income.

Oh right... when was this then?
aaa
24 Dec 2015, 17:45 PM

they are busy with promoting their game to esports. Dont have time to take care of gameplay.

I suppose most 1v1 players dont give a f. About esport. They wanna normal game for themselves.
24 Dec 2015, 17:48 PM

d

Merge and Oorah from start, AT nade after upgrade.
Oorah+molotov and oorah+AT nade are very powerful combinations.
aaa
24 Dec 2015, 17:49 PM

80 fuel difference between luchs and t70.
510mp 30f difference between t3485 and okw p4.

Why?
24 Dec 2015, 17:56 PM

relic overbuffed okws t0 - especialy the volks damage buff should be reverted
24 Dec 2015, 17:57 PM

I don't even bother going cons. I simply go maxim spam into Jesus troops into double at gun into IS2 lol
24 Dec 2015, 17:58 PM

Oh right... when was this then?

What do you expect me to tell you? A date? Twice in OKWs history did they have 100% income. OKW has been changed so much over the course of it's life it's no longer the faction it was supposed to be. This never happened with the Soviets though. The reason why Volks were buffed was because they were an extremely bad unit. The worst mainline infantry in the game. Which was also why they were the worst faction. The Soviets aren't and especially not because of conscripts.
24 Dec 2015, 18:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Dec 2015, 17:58 PMDomine

What do you expect me to tell you? A date? Twice in OKWs history did they have 100% income. OKW has been changed so much over the course of it's life it's no longer the faction it was supposed to be. This never happened with the Soviets though. The reason why Volks were buffed was because they were an extremely bad unit. The worst mainline infantry in the game. Which was also why they were the worst faction. The Soviets aren't and especially not because of conscripts.
Now cons are the worst mainline infantry in the game, all of there upgrades require resources which delays tech and was nerfed in the past year, as well as scaling very poorly into late game. Volks have 2 nades for free and panzershreks with 5 levels of vet
24 Dec 2015, 18:04 PM

Now cons are the worst mainline infantry in the game, all of there upgrades require resources which delays tech and was nerfed in the past year, as well as scaling very poorly into late game. Volks have 2 nades for free and panzershreks with 5 levels of vet

Yes, all of this is correct.
24 Dec 2015, 18:26 PM

Permanently Banned
Volk panzershreck is dumb. But conscripts are insanely more durable at vet 3. Oorah and snare is not bad. Molotov is the same as incendiary grenade, just slower animation, range, and half the cost.

Even at vet 3 conscripts still > vet 5 volks. Just the panzershreck lets them do more.
24 Dec 2015, 18:27 PM

Just make penals elite infantry ffs
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 27
unknown 5

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %