Login

russian armor

Annoying US mechanics (Recon and AT nades)

Increase the max range of the Major's Recon Run
Option Distribution Votes
61%
24%
15%
Remove the minimum range of riflemen's AT nades
Option Distribution Votes
60%
9%
24%
6%
Total votes: 153
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
24 Dec 2015, 01:49 AM

The US forces have a few large issues. But they also have a few very small, but highly frustrating features which I think could easily be changed with minimal negative impact on the game.

The Major's Recon Run ability has a max range of 60. This means that the player must scroll away from the frontline, find their Major and use the ability within this range. The plane still flies across the map. It just means you need to try and aim the plane roughly and take your eye off the front line. This is stupid. I don't think there will be any problem with increasing the range of this ability to 1000/2000/whatever. This is just a quick easy fix.

AT nades, for some reason, have a minimum range. I think this is to differentiate them from the Soviet ones. In reality, it just makes me yell at my screen on a regular basis. Now, admittedly this has a larger balance impact than the recon run. But I don't think it is that big of a deal. The nades already have a long delay before activating.

What do you all think?
24 Dec 2015, 01:55 AM

I have no opinion on the reconones, but any changes that they made to the AT nades should also go to the Fusi AT nades. Give fusi some love :D its true that the minimum range suck though.
24 Dec 2015, 02:03 AM

Permanently Banned
I think its more annoying when vehicle crews dont jump back in after finishing repairs.
24 Dec 2015, 02:09 AM

Isn't fusi 'nade just a clone of the Soviet one now that damage is 100? The Rifle'nade though is a pain, insanely long fire time + minimum range is just super damn clunky compared to the others.

Recon run isn't terrible, but yeah, it would be more user friendly if you just click where you want it rather then having to figure out the theoretical vector or take attention from the fight.
24 Dec 2015, 02:58 AM
Patrion 28

infantry AT snares should all work the same but right now fusiliers (iirc) and riflemen have gimped versions.
24 Dec 2015, 03:23 AM

I think its more annoying when vehicle crews dont jump back in after finishing repairs.

Protip: Always Shift Click tell them to enter after they begin repairing. That way they hop right back in when they are done. It's not to micro intensive since you already are microing them to pop out. You'll never forget about a tank again. :thumb:

OT I agree with OP: AT Grenades shouldn't have a minimum range it's really frustrating when a player who knows what they are doing will just push Rifles around and prevent a snare.

Major Recon... sure why not. Or better yet change it to be like the British command vehicle.
24 Dec 2015, 10:53 AM

If USF at nade is going to have minimum range it should be slightly better than Con at nade to compensate: 5 more range, more pen, more damage, anything really.
24 Dec 2015, 10:57 AM
Senior Caster Badge

that is your own mistake. You can order them to repair and then jump back in with queue order like capping points.
24 Dec 2015, 13:36 PM

Moajor's arty is a far more significant problem then the recon run.
24 Dec 2015, 18:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Dec 2015, 10:57 AMd0ggY
that is your own mistake. You can order them to repair and then jump back in with queue order like capping points.

It's annoying though, you have to shift click on the tank for repair, wait one second for the repair icon to change to the recrew icon, then shift click again. It would be better if vehicle crews auto-repaired and auto-entered so you don't have to waste time queuing up orders.
24 Dec 2015, 18:49 PM
Senior Caster Badge

It's annoying though, you have to shift click on the tank for repair, wait one second for the repair icon to change to the recrew icon, then shift click again. It would be better if vehicle crews auto-repaired and auto-entered so you don't have to waste time queuing up orders.

but you have the feature to not send pios to your tank, so it pretty much makes it even in my opinion
24 Dec 2015, 18:58 PM

I'm not quite sure you guys understand how rifle nades work. Nobody uses major recon so might as well buff it right.
25 Dec 2015, 03:33 AM
Patrion 27

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Dec 2015, 18:49 PMd0ggY

but you have the feature to not send pios to your tank, so it pretty much makes it even in my opinion

It's so finnicky, and way too easy to retreat your crew. I think crews should just be removed and replaced with some sort of auto-repair or something.

Either way I want abandoned/de-crewed vehicles to show up on the minimap as a grey outline when you have vision of them.
25 Dec 2015, 05:31 AM

Permanently Banned
Whats wrong with the recon run? Isn't it free?

Buff major arty though.
25 Dec 2015, 10:14 AM

Moajor's arty is a far more significant problem then the recon run.

I agree, there are definitely larger problems that need fixing. But this is such a simple change. There is no chance of accidentally over buffing or unintended consequences. There is no reason not to. It just requires a single number be changed. But if no one ever mentions it, it won't change.

Whats wrong with the recon run? Isn't it free?

Buff major arty though.

Recon run costs 50 munitions. Its not great, as far as recon runs go (it doesn't loiter), but it gets the job done and it is independent of commander. It is just currently frustrating to use, due to the aforementioned 60 range from the Major.
25 Dec 2015, 11:37 AM

The recon run is a huge pain imo, using 50 muni to not even get the area you needed reconnoitered. make it like the recon run in the the recon and mechanized companies, and give these faction something useful, they are already in desperate need of some tweeking.
25 Dec 2015, 14:47 PM

1. You dont need more range, you just point the direction and the recon plane will fly over entire map.

2. It have minimum range because rifleman can get killed by the AT nade splash. I lost a squad once because of this.
25 Dec 2015, 16:04 PM

If USF at nade is going to have minimum range.

It's already have 5 minimum range.
25 Dec 2015, 19:27 PM

You dont need more range, you just point the direction and the recon plane will fly over entire map.

Yes, I know. To quote my opening post.

The Major's Recon Run ability has a max range of 60. This means that the player must scroll away from the frontline, find their Major and use the ability within this range. The plane still flies across the map. It just means you need to try and aim the plane roughly and take your eye off the front line. This is stupid.

It have minimum range because rifleman can get killed by the AT nade splash. I lost a squad once because of this.

Why does an AT nade need splash? This isn't a problem the cons or grens suffer from.
25 Dec 2015, 19:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Dec 2015, 16:04 PMNEVEC

It's already have 5 minimum range.

I know, I'm trying to make an "if...then" statement as an excuse to buff it.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★