Login

russian armor

What happened to the M8 Scott?

13 Dec 2015, 03:12 AM
Patrion 14

This unit is on extinction levels of ever being seen. I remember scott meta being popular but now... they just all disappeared :foreveralone:

Using it myself, I rather get a sherman if I had 30 more fuel. So is it the price or is its performance just terrible over all right now?
13 Dec 2015, 03:26 AM
Patrion 14

This unit is on extinction levels of ever being seen. I remember scott meta being popular but now... they just all disappeared :foreveralone:

Using it myself, I rather get a sherman if I had 30 more fuel. So is it the price or is its performance just terrible over all right now?

It lacks Area of effect imo, even when vetted it lacks a certain oomph! comparing it to the sherman, which can whipe squads who are damaged reliable.
It's not even that punishing to blobbers because the area damage is so tiny. Sure people say get 2 but that's way too big an investment vs the new OKW.

Not to mention how hard it gets countered by the JT and pak43.

Anyway, when I choose the persing doc i always rush the scott so you can still get the pershing out at 13 cp without delaying it by spending too much fuel.
13 Dec 2015, 03:37 AM

Personally I almost never get one because as USF because AT is usually such a concern - it's hard to rely on Zooks and AT guns and I find fuel is usually better spent on a Sherman or Jackson (that and usually Rifleman/Rangers/Pak Howie is usually enough AI).

Scott doesn't perform badly per se but its not enough of a game changer to buy often except in certain situations such as on Langresaya or a stale-mated Minsk Pocket where the map lets you park your Scott in a relatively safe location to break a dug-in opponent. Otherwise its easier to just use a Sherman's HE shells and have the versatility to also have decent AT.
13 Dec 2015, 03:50 AM

Its pretty bad now.

Though, it was exactly the kind of RNG rage inducing unit in the past that we all hated.

It needs a buff for sure though.
13 Dec 2015, 04:03 AM
Donator 33

The squad spacing change that came with the Brits killed it. Unlike mines and the Centuar/Ostwind, it didn't get the a buff to its AoE to compensate for the squad spacing change.

It's too bad, I used to really like the Scott.
13 Dec 2015, 04:07 AM
Patrion 27

It has been triple-nerfed since release because its lethality was way too high. Give it 400 health and call it a day.
13 Dec 2015, 04:59 AM

Needs more HP so it doesn't get 1shot by 80 range JT and Ele atleast
13 Dec 2015, 05:03 AM
Developer Relic Badge

I would say increase the damage it does at mid-far distances for its modifiers. Currently it drops off to 15% by 2 in-game meters.

Won't increase OHK radius, but increase consistency against spaced out targets.
13 Dec 2015, 05:05 AM

See the Ostwind thread

-no window of opportunity

-inconsistent damage

-Scott VS Sherman, Sherman better choice 90% of the time

-most people go Captain with access to Pack Howitzer, Scott is not needed.

Scott becomes available at a time when you don't need it, Jacksons for hard AT or Sherman for AI. Riflemen with upgrades already does enough AI on its own.
13 Dec 2015, 05:25 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Dec 2015, 05:05 AMUnited
See the Ostwind thread

-no window of opportunity

-inconsistent damage

Well, it's not as bad as the Ostwind to micro though since it doesn't have to out-range handheld AT by 5 meters and snares potentially by 10 meters. It's not as good when it kites infantry from 50 range instead of 40 range, but it'll still probably do something over nothing.

...aside from having half its health when you do fail to kite right.
13 Dec 2015, 07:14 AM

It was mostly nerfed because of the squadwipe potential, especially from its indirect fire.

IMO it should get an accuracy buff so that it can snipe models better, but not a big AoE to avoid it gibbing squads from afar. Or maybe more health so it can survive in the frontlines longer.
13 Dec 2015, 07:35 AM

Give it Suppression, problem solved.

13 Dec 2015, 07:54 AM

I seriously don't want to see a whipe machine again. Perhaps a hp buff and damage buff.
13 Dec 2015, 08:01 AM
Donator 11

The Scott is pretty useless, low hp, low AOE, low damage.
13 Dec 2015, 08:37 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Dec 2015, 07:35 AMRMMLz
Give it Suppression, problem solved.

Suppression for M8 = Suppression for pak howitzer and leig B-)
13 Dec 2015, 08:42 AM

Let me explain why it was popular. No one as ostheer was going for medium tanks because of tiger call-in meta. Pak spam + pg's. Shermans wasn't effective against this combo but double scott just destroyed ostheer army before first tiger appeared on the field.

Right now everyone is going for p4's and jagdpanzers, scott with it 320 hitpoints can't survive this.

Low durability turns this unit into borderline useless.

Increase it hitpoints.
13 Dec 2015, 09:20 AM

I like it (actually my favourite unit by design), but i never use it. The issue is that USF needs its fuel for either Jacksons to kill Axis tanks, or Shermans to punish volks blobs and still walk away after taking a few hits. Other than that, preists and calliopes will also take precedence.

The Scott needs the following:

1. Slightly more HP so it can take 2 hits and be on 10-20% health, not dead.
2. Slightly lower firing angle (to hit faster), or some minor accuaracy/damage improvement.

Remember when USF came out and it was actually awesome? That would be cool to bring back again, but it would be OP (it had a mortar which always fired and a direct fire gun which was an AOE laser).
13 Dec 2015, 09:47 AM
Patrion 14

give its "straight shoot" ability back.
13 Dec 2015, 09:54 AM

I'll say survivability isn't the biggest issue if you micro well. The problem is much more about the inexistent dps it does 90% of the time its fires, even on static targets.
13 Dec 2015, 10:15 AM

It definetly needs HP buff to 400.

Suppression is a good option, since it's not early-game, nor spammable like ISG and maybe bettr accuracy?

I havent seen this unit for... hmmm 8months?

And until I saw this thread, I truly forget this unit still exists :snfPeter:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 36
unknown 24
Poland 12
unknown 3
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W