Login

russian armor

Do you prefer the "new" OKW or the "original" OKW?

Do you prefer "new" OKW or the "original" OKW?
Option Distribution Votes
39%
38%
23%
Total votes: 191
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
12 Dec 2015, 06:03 AM
Donator 22

We all know that prior to the December patch, OKW was under performing. My question is simple.

Do you like Relic's revamp of OKW or should they have tried balancing the old version with other balance changes?

12 Dec 2015, 06:09 AM

I voted too soon, according to Stormless, this isn't even OKW's final form.

The rest rolls out after Christmas.
12 Dec 2015, 06:12 AM

No, new OKW is literally the bane of fun. The volks are simply monsters in the early game and mid and late. Any rank okw player better than rank 100 I feel like I am unfavored in the early game with soviets and with USF.

The worst part is, OKW can go for some extremely agressive cut off play and still cap 1 fuel ( enough to rush fast luchs ) with kubel.

Also this poll is strucuted poorly. There is nothing to separate the OKW players ( who almost surely like the patch) and the OKW opponents.
12 Dec 2015, 06:16 AM

New OKW has the potential to be a lot better then old OKW. Obviously there still needs to be a lot done, but a flat resource penalty was stupid when the same effect can be done with price changes, that can be balanced with more precision. In particular, it punished using light vehicles more then it should.

Now OKW can be better balanced in 1v1.
12 Dec 2015, 06:18 AM
Donator 22

Also this poll is strucuted poorly. There is nothing to separate the OKW players ( who almost surely like the patch) and the OKW opponents.

And? Fanboys exists but never admit to it (either way).

This is simply an attempt to gather a snapshot of what is the community's initial thoughts of the new OKW.
12 Dec 2015, 06:29 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Dec 2015, 06:18 AMMortar

And? Fanboys exists but never admit to it (either way).

This is simply an attempt to gather a snapshot of what is the community's initial thoughts of the new OKW.

You don't believe its useful to see the difference in opinions between OKW players and non OKW players? Or, that being fun to play as and fun to play against are fundamentally different?

If not then completely disregard my post.
12 Dec 2015, 06:36 AM
Donator 22

You don't believe its useful to see the difference in opinions between OKW players and non OKW players? Or, that being fun to play as and fun to play against are fundamentally different?

If not then completely disregard my post.

Sure, it's useful. I'm simply saying people most likely won't admit to being strictly OKW/Axis players OR strictly Allied players.
12 Dec 2015, 06:43 AM

I prefer Allies on the whole (particularly Brits, with USF as a second), but I have forced myself to get into Axis recently, mostly playing with OKW. I still think, even after the December 10th Patch, that OKW are slightly OP, but I do also think that the income throttle was just a messy mechanic - so to that end, i welcome the changes.
12 Dec 2015, 06:52 AM

I would prefer the new OKW if it got nerfed a good deal bit more.
12 Dec 2015, 08:02 AM

Kubel was better with suppression...
Obers are still overpriced garbage...
Now youve got 3 tanks in the same building, yet Panther is the only one which can put up a fight against allied cr*p...

Removing suppression from OKW is an idiot idea.. allied sh*tblobs are worse than ever... but hey... you can build new volks against Rifles with double upgrade, or Rangers with 3 or 4 ?! i dont even remember about that bs...

USF received two great commander... 1 with a heavy infantry unit and a pershing... the other with P47, M1919 and Kalliope in the same commander tree..

What did OKW receive? Goliath, flamethrower and flamerhetzer... congratulation.... Relic, keep these piece of sh*t commanders. I would rather pay $15 for a proper infantry fix for OKW.

The economy fix was the only good idea behind this... removing suppression without fixing infantry play is bullsh*t. Allies got 2 or 3 viable infantry tactic and combination / factions... axis barely got 2 or 3 overall... what a f*ckin fun to play it...
12 Dec 2015, 08:35 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Dec 2015, 06:36 AMMortar

Sure, it's useful. I'm simply saying people most likely won't admit to being strictly OKW/Axis players OR strictly Allied players.

Fair point, I come mainly from sc2 and LoL where its common to main an archetype.
12 Dec 2015, 08:41 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Dec 2015, 08:02 AMRiCE
Kubel was better with suppression...
Obers are still overpriced garbage...
Now youve got 3 tanks in the same building, yet Panther is the only one which can put up a fight against allied cr*p...

Fanboys still exist. What can be worse than volksgrenadiers hordes?
12 Dec 2015, 08:51 AM

new okw without resources penality is way more balanced compared to the original one. The early game is quite solid,

volks are good but not op as everyone says, you can't YOLO run into them with rifles like before. Volks are strong vs vehicles and tanks but they sucks pretty bad in mid/late vs infantry, i don't get the point when people complain so much for the new volks changes ( damage from 10 to 12, cmon guys, IS have 16 damage)

The main problem with the new changes in my opinion is that the utilities of the HQs, especially the flak one, combined with a super friendly and cheap teching ( just like USF and UKF imo, they have all they need in 3 cheap tiers, while soviets and ostheer need to waste a lot of resources in teching) are giving a huge advantage to this faction. There is no justification now for these things

Locking a territory with the flak HQ is quite annoying, and it's not Always easy to take it down with some call in arty ( not every commander have an arty ability) of with tanks or at guns.

KT still not locked to CPs requirement needs a fix, It's really easy to exploit it using Ostheer supply drops in team games.

Another issue is the 5 level of veterancy. Just like the HQs utilities, this thing has no more sense. OKW has the best axis vehicles and infantry units around, why it should be even more advantaged with more level of veterancy?

12 Dec 2015, 08:56 AM

the new okw is much better but it still needs work
kt still can be rushed, tech tree is borring and the units in it are overlaping, unit upgrades dont require tech - there was some talk from relic about introducing PE style tech and upgrades to the new okw - that might be rly a nice way to fix current okw
12 Dec 2015, 09:13 AM

It's pretty clear that OKW is still in the testing phase.

Voted Not sure/too soon.
12 Dec 2015, 09:15 AM

Original, even a retarded monkey can play the new OKW and win.
12 Dec 2015, 09:32 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Dec 2015, 09:15 AMPorygon

Don't think I could have phrased it better..

The fact that OKW have the highest winrates in all modes in top 150, and i suspect it is higher further down the ranks just goes to show how relic have completely FUCKED UP....

The fact that they pulled this shit just before xmas makes my head want to explode..

No, new OKW is literally the bane of fun. The volks are simply monsters in the early game and mid and late. Any rank okw player better than rank 100 I feel like I am unfavored in the early game with soviets and with USF.

The worst part is, OKW can go for some extremely agressive cut off play and still cap 1 fuel ( enough to rush fast luchs ) with kubel.

This is extremely effective on some maps unless you keep you rifles together. If SP can force of first rifle it can be gg, as OKW can just keep send inf to cutoff while kubel back caps.

I find it surprising how many okw players come out to defend a faction that has few weaknesses and is strong at almost every stage of the game.
12 Dec 2015, 09:39 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Dec 2015, 09:15 AMPorygon

+1
12 Dec 2015, 09:59 AM

Seems like a lot of people just don't like the current version of OKW because just because it's unbalanced. I'd rather they balance the current version then just go back to square one. Current OKW is way easier to balance then old OKW.
12 Dec 2015, 10:23 AM

There is no "new" OKW, it's just OKW with a massive buff to income, there was no redesign.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★