Login

russian armor

OKW free AA

9 Dec 2015, 20:36 PM

Just tested the following:
1v1, Angoville, SU vs OKW. SU using Lend Lease's fuel supply drop.
CheatCommands mod.
OKW starts with 3 flaks as "bunkers", they all fire 18 rounds to the plane before it goes out of its range. Schwerer fires 6 times when put in the middle of the map.
12/31 times were taken down by 3 flaks + schwerer panzer.
5/30 were taken down by 3 flaks (base).
10/30 were taken down by 1 Schwerer HQ.
7/10 were taken down by 1 Schwerer HQ + 1 FHT (2 of those 3 times that didn't, somehow the FHT didn't fire).

Hope this helps.
I still find it stupid that OKW gets AA by sideteching (and thus deny some allies' abilities), specially when they also have AA bunkers.

Great work, your number for base structure destruction of aircraft (17%) is lower than the average Relic posted (0.5% per shot, or 24% of aircraft destroyed in your example), which is interesting. It suggests either random deviation from this mean (very possible), you completely miscounting the number of shots fired (seems unlikely), or that Relic made a mistake in their estimates of accuracy against planes.
9 Dec 2015, 21:04 PM
Donator 11

SO in 4v4's if each person is OKW with 3 base AA guns you'll have a 33% chance of survival
9 Dec 2015, 21:10 PM
Donator 33

SO in 4v4's if each person is OKW with 3 base AA guns you'll have a 33% chance of survival

100mun for a 33% success rate, seems reasonable :rolleyes:
9 Dec 2015, 21:25 PM

Panzer Command Building should have to be toggled, with 10 second cool down, whether it shoots at planes of ground targets.
9 Dec 2015, 23:09 PM

you completely miscounting the number of shots fired (seems unlikely)

I re-checked and found I was somewhat wrong.
2cm flak fires an average of 18 shots, because each one manages to shoot three shells twice before the plane gets off their range. But I found that it sometimes shoots 4 shots and then 2, 3 shots then 4, 2 shots then 3, and so on. Probably RNG but all my tests (didn't really count, they were like 8-10) had more 4 burst shots rather 2 burst shots. Oh and the Schwerer HQ fires 6 shells in 2 bursts (3-3, 2-4, 4-2) before it reloads.

Sorry for my broken English :p
10 Dec 2015, 06:40 AM

Johnny what happened to you man? :( You've gotten a lot more hard line in the last few months.

OKW originally had flak in base instead of mg due to reduced fuel income to stop allies base rushing with a quick light/medium vehicle while OKW waits for their first tank (which back then was most likely going to be a luchs or a heavy.. remember old flak halftruck with pack up and down time :S P4 was only a call in and not great at that (pre-okw p4 buff when you had to drop muni to get a decent medium vehicle (worse than OST P4).

With the changes that have been made it could be argued do they even need it now? Perhaps mgs in base would make a better approach?
Also in the same vein the flak gun of the Panzer HQ may need adjustments given the resource buff (although it does cost 120 now). I would first switch the base flaks and see if that is enough instead of changing both (you know not make a drastic change, do it in increments to avoid severe frustration for a player base).

It really does make it hard to get the lend lease air drop in with very little active thought being put in by the OKW player while allies have to actively invest fuel and sometimes muni to stop OST drops. I don't feel too strongly either way but I do feel Relic didn't foresee how the changes to OKW resources would impact the faction in a lot of ways.

Sage, I understand what you are saying, but do you think that it would be right to change the AA capabilities for OKW just because allied supply plane is shot down in most of the situations? Then make the godamn plane more resilient, make it travel quicker so it can drop the supplies before being shot down or whatever. There are plenty of solutions. If you have a problem with the sink, you will change the shower too?
It's not about supply drops, I tell you. This is an insidious try to cut OKW's AA capabilities so that Allied planes may hammer any unit along the map, as long as they like.
Op and alot of other people are not frustrated by the performance of T4 in the AA field which is pretty low (yes, it's LOW), but by its resilience. On the other hand, OKW AA HT it's as resilient as a fly. You shot it, it's dead. A tin can.

Final argument: factions' diversity anyone? Let's transform OKW in a more slowly, more resilient (maybe) ostheer?! OKW's problems are others. This is just dust in the eyes.

10 Dec 2015, 17:17 PM
Donator 11

Just tested the following:
1v1, Angoville, SU vs OKW. SU using Lend Lease's fuel supply drop.
CheatCommands mod.
OKW starts with 3 flaks as "bunkers", they all fire 18 rounds to the plane before it goes out of its range. Schwerer fires 6 times when put in the middle of the map.
12/31 times were taken down by 3 flaks + schwerer panzer.
5/30 were taken down by 3 flaks (base).
10/30 were taken down by 1 Schwerer HQ.
7/10 were taken down by 1 Schwerer HQ + 1 FHT (2 of those 3 times that didn't, somehow the FHT didn't fire).

Hope this helps.
I still find it stupid that OKW gets AA by sideteching (and thus deny some allies' abilities), specially when they also have AA bunkers.

I did a quick test myself and my supply plane was shot down 0/15 times(!) on Angovile against base AA alone.
10 Dec 2015, 17:19 PM

I did a quick test myself and my supply plane was shot down 0/15 times(!) on Angovile against base AA alone.

No ine here is putting base flaks at the first place. Schwerer is a main problem. Then flak bases. They have really low chance to kill the plane, but nevertheless, they can.
11 Dec 2015, 02:55 AM

You're really bad at sarcasm.

Base flaks have about 1% chance to shoot the plane down.

Schwerer side cost free flak on the other hand...

i think you quote wrong guy, that is nothing to do with my post... O.o
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 66
unknown 6
unknown 4

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %