Login

russian armor

Miragefla's December Balance Mod Additions

PAGES (15)down
17 Dec 2015, 18:01 PM

Consider increasing frontal armor of Puma or decreasing Penetration for Centaur. With 1 chance of penetration Centaur can kill a Puma too fast.

The emplacement move seems good but it should be more limited...I would lock it behind Anvil doctrine....
17 Dec 2015, 18:06 PM
Donator 11

Does the emplacement change mean that you can finish off your almost dead emplacement and get full refund or not?
17 Dec 2015, 18:14 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Does the emplacement change mean that you can finish off your almost dead emplacement and get full refund or not?

As of now, yes you get a full refund when you break down the emplacement, regardless of current health and veterancy. This is in exchange for the Emplacement and the Sappers performing the work being extremely vulnerable.

As for the mine changes, they are currently here to stay. Any changes to mine AOE to lessen the destruction against infantry impact how they harm vehicles. Regardless, they still cause heavy damage and will suppress squads which slows them down and can blunt assaults.

Also, I'd advise checking out the Steam Group to organize games and get more feedback from the actual game rather than all of us deciding over the internet.
17 Dec 2015, 18:49 PM
Donator 11

As of now, yes you get a full refund when you break down the emplacement, regardless of current health and veterancy. This is in exchange for the Emplacement and the Sappers performing the work being extremely vulnerable.

As for the mine changes, they are currently hear to stay. Any changes to mine AOE to lessen the destruction against infantry impact how they harm vehicles. Regardless, they still cause heavy damage and will suppress squads which slows them down and can blunt assaults.

Also, I'd advise checking out the Steam Group to organize games and get more feedback from the actual game rather than all of us deciding over the internet.

But the time of breaking down is constant no matter the health right? If so then it is ok.
17 Dec 2015, 18:59 PM
Developer Relic Badge

But the time of breaking down is constant no matter the health right? If so then it is ok.

It's constant. Still testing times, however.

Mortar Pit: 20 Seconds
Bofors/17pdr: 35 Seconds.
18 Dec 2015, 00:07 AM
Patrion 27

Thank you Mirage_fla for using the common sense that Relic seems to lack:

I asked for the Mg reload change a year and a half ago.

Also the CP/VP not affecting pathing is a must-add feature.
18 Dec 2015, 05:12 AM

Suggested mine change: have it kill the model that steps on it by lowering the inner radius and expanding the middle radius' influence with different damages.
19 Dec 2015, 01:32 AM
Developer Relic Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Dec 2015, 05:12 AMJaedrik
Suggested mine change: have it kill the model that steps on it by lowering the inner radius and expanding the middle radius' influence with different damages.

Not sure if that's possible as mines don't target a particular model and changing their radius still affects how they harm vehicles.

.17 Changelog

Eastern Front Infantry Veterancy Revamp
19 Dec 2015, 09:22 AM

Since you started changing veterancy bonuses:

Grenadiers need a vet2 bonus maybe more range for faust?

I would suggest moving mobility bonuses for unturreted vehicles to vet 2 instead of 3 since it actually what they need more...

Stug could get a bigger armor bonus but i would restrict only to frontal or it could replaced with something completely different. Maybe an improvement to vet 1 a ability (by slowing hit targets for a few seconds?)
19 Dec 2015, 09:31 AM
Developer Relic Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Dec 2015, 09:22 AMVipper
Since you started changing veterancy bonuses:

Grenadiers need a vet2 bonus maybe more range for faust?

I would suggest moving mobility bonuses for unturreted vehicles to vet 2 instead of 3 since it actually what they need more...

Stug could get a bigger armor bonus but i would restrict only to frontal or it could replaced with something completely different. Maybe an improvement to vet 1 a ability (by slowing hit targets for a few seconds?)

I'm iffy on the Grenadier faust range increase as the ability works within 30 range. Maybe recharge or cost, but not range.

Unfortunately, the buffing frontal armour alone if not an option in the editor as of now or that I know of. It's just a flat increase to all sides. Mobility I think is fine where it is for non-turreted TDs as they're not meant to be particularly mobile or fast to begin with at veterancy generally is not to compensate for a unit's weakness.

Vet 1 turret lock is good enough for a StuG. Armour could maybe use a higher boost, though given the StuG in general, it would only help vs mediums.
19 Dec 2015, 10:07 AM

I'm iffy on the Grenadier faust range increase as the ability works within 30 range. Maybe recharge or cost, but not range.

Unfortunately, the buffing frontal armour alone if not an option in the editor as of now or that I know of. It's just a flat increase to all sides. Mobility I think is fine where it is for non-turreted TDs as they're not meant to be particularly mobile or fast to begin with at veterancy generally is not to compensate for a unit's weakness.

Vet 1 turret lock is good enough for a StuG. Armour could maybe use a higher boost, though given the StuG in general, it would only help vs mediums.

IF I am not mistaken Faust range 30 is the max Range meaning that the weapon will not be fired if the vehicles moves more than 30 units away...

The actual range of the ability is close to the minimum rifle grande range thus around 15-20...

Speaking of faust pls change the requirements (for grenadier at least) because it requires T1 building existing and is one of the few (if not the only) tech that can be lost...

Ostheer veterancy bonus increases survive-ability for vehicles at vet 2 which translates to Armour boost for tanks.
Unturreted vehicles benefit less from armor boost and more by the mobility boost, currently coming at vet 3, so switching placed veterancy bonuses of vet 3 to vet2 and vice versa makes sense for this type of units.
19 Dec 2015, 10:18 AM

Feel free to take any of my ideas as inspiration for your mod. Your project is looking extremely good.

http://prod.coh2.org/topic/46142/suggestions-for-a-better-soviet-faction
19 Dec 2015, 14:17 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Eastern Front Infantry Veterancy Revamp

:hansGASM:

Wow, Field Medical Kits healed for 40? That is...pretty damn bad.

Oh yeah, uh, did you remember the Assault Grenadiers and Stormtroopers? Artillery Field Officer sticking with Medkits kinda makes sense since he's a support unit.

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Dec 2015, 10:07 AMVipper

IF I am not mistaken Faust range 30 is the max Range meaning that the weapon will not be fired if the vehicles moves more than 30 units away...

The actual range of the ability is close to the minimum rifle grande range thus around 15-20...

It was like that in CoH1, but CoH2 definitely allows the AT abilities to hit past that range once the firer pulls out their munition.
19 Dec 2015, 15:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Dec 2015, 14:17 PMVuther

Artillery Field Officer sticking with Medkits kinda makes sense since he's a support unit.

It was like that in CoH1, but CoH2 definitely allows the AT abilities to hit past that range once the firer pulls out their munition.

Ostheer officer has been gives a barrage as vet 1 in the mod, in a previous version if I remember correctly.

My argument about faust stands the range of the ability inorder be used is not 30 its closer to 15-20 and a range increase via veterancy will not make it op.
21 Dec 2015, 12:06 PM

Consider these changes to UKF:
http://www.coh2.org/topic/46676/commander-abilities-and-garrison-bonus

Forward Observation Post could get a discount and upgrade to reinforce squad bringing it to original cost (300/60).

forward logistic glider and Forward Observation Post provide garrison bonuses to emplacements.
21 Dec 2015, 22:30 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Changelog .18

22 Dec 2015, 00:44 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

I think that Volks getting automatic weapons is a bit too much, consider that there are a lot of dedicated anti-infantry units in OKW lineup already.
I propose a unit specialization to the Volk:

-Cost reduced from 250MP to 230MP.
-Squad size reduced from 5 to 4.
-Population decreased from 7 to 6.
-Combat Package: 20MU, increases maximum squad size from 4 to 6, provides Cold Immunity, unlocks Incendiary Grenades. (still needs to be manually reinforced to receive additional models)
-Panzershrek: 75MU, supplies squad with 1x Panzershrek.

This way, they are either a squishy Anti-tank squad that gets wiped more easily (and walked over by Allied infantry) or a decent frontline infantry unit that can hold the line decently against Allied infantry, while they would only have mediocre damage output which promotes usage of high-DPS units Obers and Falls.

Oh, and would you implement an infantry target table of 0.1 for all dedicated anti-tank weaponry (Bazooka, Shrek, ATGs) to reduce infantry sniping?
22 Dec 2015, 07:50 AM
Developer Relic Badge

I think that Volks getting automatic weapons is a bit too much, consider that there are a lot of dedicated anti-infantry units in OKW lineup already.
I propose a unit specialization to the Volk:

-Cost reduced from 250MP to 230MP.
-Squad size reduced from 5 to 4.
-Population decreased from 7 to 6.
-Combat Package: 20MU, increases maximum squad size from 4 to 6, provides Cold Immunity, unlocks Incendiary Grenades. (still needs to be manually reinforced to receive additional models)
-Panzershrek: 75MU, supplies squad with 1x Panzershrek.

This way, they are either a squishy Anti-tank squad that gets wiped more easily (and walked over by Allied infantry) or a decent frontline infantry unit that can hold the line decently against Allied infantry, while they would only have mediocre damage output which promotes usage of high-DPS units Obers and Falls.

OKW would then be in a serious issue early game in early game engagements. The Volks would cost the same as Grens to produce and while they are cheaper to reinforce, they don't have the firepower nor the survivability with 4 men. And 20 munitions seems too cheap regardless for two more members even if total pop would be 8.

The automatics they get honestly aren't that powerful until the final levels of vet kick in to ensure Volks don't get stomped by Allied infantry late game. They are still considerably worse individually than Sturm StG 44s which are geared for short-range. Of course Volks still get two of them, but I'm not sure if it should be worth more than 70 munitions. Still, this needs testing to get the numbers right.

Some stats for comparison:

0/10/20/30/35
Volk StG 44: 7.97/7.1/4.38/1.85/1.03
Sturmpioner StG 44: 15.89/10.84/4.8/1.21/1.21
Rifleman BAR: 13.97/10.4/6.97/5.17/4.37

22 Dec 2015, 15:13 PM

OKW would then be in a serious issue early game in early game engagements. The Volks would cost the same as Grens to produce and while they are cheaper to reinforce, they don't have the firepower nor the survivability with 4 men. And 20 munitions seems too cheap regardless for two more members even if total pop would be 8.

The automatics they get honestly aren't that powerful until the final levels of vet kick in to ensure Volks don't get stomped by Allied infantry late game. They are still considerably worse individually than Sturm StG 44s which are geared for short-range. Of course Volks still get two of them, but I'm not sure if it should be worth more than 70 munitions. Still, this needs testing to get the numbers right.

Some stats for comparison:

0/10/20/30/35
Volk StG 44: 7.97/7.1/4.38/1.85/1.03
Sturmpioner StG 44: 15.89/10.84/4.8/1.21/1.21
Rifleman BAR: 13.97/10.4/6.97/5.17/4.37

To be honest I love the change, it changes the dynamic of the OKW completely in a good way. Volks become quite valid as frontline units and without the 3-5 shreck squads that are instantly 4-5 which means sudden death for allied vehicles. Now they are solid AI(not overpowering) and can still deter armor with the cheap faust(15 muni), but its close range unlike the shreck that can snipe tanks at max range. Great change.
22 Dec 2015, 16:02 PM

KV-8
-Gains "Canister Shot" ability. Similar to the M8 Greyhound.

A AI ability for the gun seems to me out of play. If the tank needs AI it has the flamer.

I would suggest another ability that would cause suppression making the unit better at dealing with blobs.

OKW
Volksgrenadier
...Faust will always penetrate to deal damage but causes no engine damage. Ability to fire is 15 munitions.

I find the implementation of very problematic.The range of the Faust is extremely small and the weapon does too little to be useful.

OKW will have trouble against vehicles that can suppress (especially since Rakketen can be suppressed also.) or vehicles that can be used to crash infantries.

Imo only way for this change to be implement would to for obers to be moved in another truck and be able to upgrade with a singe Shreck.

Different approaches could be more more viable.

For instance instead of the current Panzershreck (RPzB 54)they could get the RPzB 43 that could perform closer to the Bazooka (one would have to remove the shield and maybe give a gas mask to the operator).

Another approach would be to have Faust work as normal weapon and not an ability being able to be auto fired every 7-10 secs up to a range 35 (maybe the model could use its rifle in the meantime).

If needed and ability could be added where it would work like Ostheer PFaust maybe causing stun instead of engine damage to protect from crashing vehicles....
PAGES (15)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS