Login

russian armor

KV-2

8 Dec 2015, 13:11 PM

the biggest issue for me is actually the lack of shock or guards.

trying to make due with penal is ... not fun.

3 Cons + 3 snipers, talking a about teamgames here obv. + SU76's/ T70
8 Dec 2015, 13:22 PM

I know this is not the best video but this seriously annoyed me.

8 Dec 2015, 13:32 PM

I know this is not the best video but this seriously annoyed me.

And this is what I was talking about.
It hardly hits anything.
8 Dec 2015, 13:40 PM

I tried to, but the games were either too short or opponents doctrine choice nullified KV-2 before I could even pick a doc :foreveralone:

:lol:
8 Dec 2015, 14:21 PM

Permanently Banned
Need change reload, give somthing to vet or change stock numbers, UP CP coz its a pudding now and change for docs, coz now windustry are just in another wrong side.
In assault mode he are not bad, but sometimes accurasy are so bad FailFish.
8 Dec 2015, 14:24 PM

The thing is, KV-2 can either be utterly SHIT unit that can't hit anything at all, or be a potential wipe machine.

Right now you're basically buying super expensive area denial tool when in siege mode or overgrown Brummbar that have turret, but can't hit for shit in tank mode.
8 Dec 2015, 14:50 PM
Donator 33

Luvnest has used the KV-2 in his streams at it usually kills something with each shot it fires, and it gains more range from VET 2, i personally think that the unit is fine, except the 14CP´s might need to be lowered to 13, since you can get a KT even before reaching 14CP´s and there is something wrong with that
8 Dec 2015, 14:56 PM

Right now you're basically buying super expensive area denial tool when in siege mode or overgrown Brummbar that have turret, but can't hit for shit.

You want it to hit and squad wipe every shot? Like the "old" ISU :foreveralone:
8 Dec 2015, 15:16 PM

It can't hit stationary King Tiger :snfBarton:
I want it to hit anything other then ground.
8 Dec 2015, 15:47 PM

Check the vid above dude, it cannot even hit a frigging KT.
8 Dec 2015, 16:01 PM

Check the vid above dude, it cannot even hit a frigging KT.

Thats rather a problem that some weapons have when used on uneven terrain like ISU or other ballistic weapons,as far as i know.
8 Dec 2015, 16:18 PM
Donator 33

Thats rather a problem that some weapons have when used on uneven terrain like ISU or other ballistic weapons,as far as i know.

Yep, it looked like it could hit the other KT on the middle VP just fine, and the Panther in the middle but everytime the units got close to it, it looked like all the shots fell short, maybe there is something wrong with the way it targets units since it performs just fine on a flat surfaces and it hits distant targets with great accuracy
8 Dec 2015, 16:46 PM

KV2 suffers from the "I was batshit OP and ruined the game for a few months and now I must pay for my sins for a few years" Relicitis Syndrome.

Let it run its course :snfPeter:

Otherwise, comes too late, mediocre in every way, ISU is more attractive, etc.

This is how I feel about the unit as well.

KV-2 is gonna need more buffs to be relevant to the meta. Obviously its vet 1 is gonna need to change. Also why does vet 3 vastly improve its movement, when the tank is designed to sit still? Shouldn't that be something about tear down and set up?
8 Dec 2015, 16:50 PM

This is how I feel about the unit as well.

KV-2 is gonna need more buffs to be relevant to the meta. Obviously its vet 1 is gonna need to change. Also why does vet 3 vastly improve its movement, when the tank is designed to sit still? Shouldn't that be something about tear down and set up?

Agreed, the siege mode literally makes no sense with the vet bonuses, not to mention the extreme risk it is put into.

Then again, we all remember late 2013 siege mode... :romeoHype:
8 Dec 2015, 16:54 PM

I put KV2 on siege mode in front of Panther. Panther won. Why?

Because you pitted a anti infantry tank against an anti armor tank who's front armor is twice the penetration value of the anti-infantry tank. Even if it always hit it still would have lost since it couldn't pen so I don't know what your point is saying that is.
8 Dec 2015, 17:06 PM

Because you pitted a anti infantry tank against an anti armor tank who's front armor is twice the penetration value of the anti-infantry tank. Even if it always hit it still would have lost since it couldn't pen so I don't know what your point is saying that is.

You know nothing. Siege kv2 will always win vs Panther when sitting in front of each other, unless you miss like 4-5 shots.
Do some tests before saying such pudding
8 Dec 2015, 17:11 PM

You know nothing. Siege kv2 will always win vs Panther when sitting in front of each other, unless you miss like 4-5 shots.
Do some tests before saying such pudding

How would it win? Panther has like 300 armor (I can't remember the exact number) while the KV2 has like 180 pen
8 Dec 2015, 17:11 PM

doesn't the kv2 still have an minimum attack range and is that why the panter won lol?

btw with sitting in front of eachother do you mean like really close range?
8 Dec 2015, 17:40 PM

How would it win? Panther has like 300 armor (I can't remember the exact number) while the KV2 has like 180 pen

Launch cheatmode, put KV2 in siege, put Panther on medium/far range and watch.
8 Dec 2015, 17:49 PM

Launch cheatmode, put KV2 in siege, put Panther on medium/far range and watch.

Well I can't right now but between with what you found when you did cheat mode and what the stats say, it sounds like the panther would win. You said it yourself didn't you, that the panther won?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 97
South Africa 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment