Login

russian armor

Time for Statistics

PAGES (8)down
9 Dec 2015, 14:33 PM

This is rubbish. Statistics said otherwise.:romeoMug:

LOL - please show us any statistics that showed the game was unbalanced before the patch.
9 Dec 2015, 14:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Dec 2015, 14:33 PMGrumpy

LOL - please show us any statistics that showed the game was unbalanced before the patch.

So you missed the 70% win rates in USF's case. What a shame.
9 Dec 2015, 14:56 PM

And now OKW have between 71% and 90% win rates in ALL modes.

USF was good exclusively in 1s, 2s were pretty balanced, 3s and 4s were as balanced as it gets with rates being no higher then 60% for any faction after initial brit nerfs.

Did you missed that by a chance as well?
9 Dec 2015, 15:03 PM

Played OKW exclusively yesterday. 8/8 100% win :)
Lost a KT and called out another one after it was destroyed. No drawbacks to the faction lol.
Floating MP, munitions, and reserve fuel for heavies
9 Dec 2015, 15:40 PM

Not to mention loosing a truck for OKW is hardly punishing now, the player can easily afford to build a new one right away.
9 Dec 2015, 16:24 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

i guess that must be why usf had 70+% winrate, UKF close behind... both axis factions barely over 50% (around 55% iirc)... yep, totally balanced ^^

Sorry to break the bubble but it was on fact pretty equally. I took the samples from October 29th to Dec2
SU: 0.6838 (30)
OH: 0.6623 (33)
USF: 0.7202 (35)
OKW: 0.6317 (35)
UKF: 0.6826 (35)

Numbers between brackets are the number of samples. I figured i skipped some number later as it was kinda hard to go through the graph on some occasions.

Edit:

2v2 was in fact imba, but 3v3 and 4v4 were the most balance it has ever been since release.

9 Dec 2015, 16:28 PM

Maybe you should actually read the charts. USF was only spikes up a few times in november only to fall down quickly a day or two later. For the vast majority of the month they only hovered slightly above average, and went below average several times that month as well. And that was only in 1v1.

OKW has been consistently above average in every single mode since the patch by a reasonable margin.
9 Dec 2015, 16:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Dec 2015, 03:47 AMGrumpy

You didn't have to make up the numbers, they were there and don't support what you were trying to say.

It looks like you used the 4v4 numbers for December 6 so I'll use those. The numbers of games played were: OKW 216, OST 133, SOV 144, USF 94 and UKF 30. That's 349 axis to 268 allied.

I used the 1v1 numbers.

Omg guys look at the UKF ninja buff.

9 Dec 2015, 16:41 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I used the 1v1 numbers.

If you take the average of that week, UKF is still under the average :P
9 Dec 2015, 16:42 PM

I used the 1v1 numbers.

lets see if UKF players can keep it cause they also had an increased winrate in 3vs3 from 25% to 50% BUT today dropped to 20%!!!!

also this weeks winrate for UKF is the worst of all factions
9 Dec 2015, 17:28 PM

Sorry to break the bubble but it was on fact pretty equally. I took the samples from October 29th to Dec2
SU: 0.6838 (30)
OH: 0.6623 (33)
USF: 0.7202 (35)
OKW: 0.6317 (35)
UKF: 0.6826 (35)

Numbers between brackets are the number of samples. I figured i skipped some number later as it was kinda hard to go through the graph on some occasions.

Edit:

2v2 was in fact imba, but 3v3 and 4v4 were the most balance it has ever been since release.

in case you just took the winratios per day and tried averaging them out... that's statistically useless. for example i don't know whether it was a bug or not, but on oct. 31st according to coh2chart.com there were 4 (!) ostheer games played all day, all wins. so suddenly you have a single day winratio of 100%. so, let's assume we average it out over the week, and the 6 other days have a perfectly balanced 50% winrate, the weeks average would be over 57%, with just 1 outlier. if you want statistically relevant data, use games played and winratio to figure out the amount of wins per game by adding both numbers up. you'll see that the numbers for axis are WAY lower now (if you look at ostheer for example, it is very visible that every day where ostheer has a high winratio coincides with very low amount of games played).

yeah, sorry to burst your bubble ;-)

edit:
should have made it clearer: assuming 6 days with 50% winrate and say 80 games played (so 40 wins per day) and 1 day with 100% winrate (and 4 wins out of 4 games) would equal roughly 57% with your formula, when statistically correct it should be roughly 50.4%
9 Dec 2015, 17:37 PM

I used the 1v1 numbers.

According to the chart UKF only played a whooping 26 games yesterday. The fact that they managed to win over half of them on one day doesn't mean jack for such a small sample size on a single day.

Meanwhile OKW played 7X as many games that day and continued their 70+% winrate.
9 Dec 2015, 17:46 PM

According to the chart UKF only played a whooping 26 games yesterday. The fact that they managed to win over half of them on one day doesn't mean jack for such a small sample size on a single day.

Meanwhile OKW played 7X as many games that day and continued their 70+% winrate.

Oh I know.

9 Dec 2015, 17:50 PM

in case you just took the winratios per day and tried averaging them out... that's statistically useless. for example i don't know whether it was a bug or not, but on oct. 31st according to coh2chart.com there were 4 (!) ostheer games played all day, all wins. so suddenly you have a single day winratio of 100%. so, let's assume we average it out over the week, and the 6 other days have a perfectly balanced 50% winrate, the weeks average would be over 57%, with just 1 outlier. if you want statistically relevant data, use games played and winratio to figure out the amount of wins per game by adding both numbers up. you'll see that the numbers for axis are WAY lower now (if you look at ostheer for example, it is very visible that every day where ostheer has a high winratio coincides with very low amount of games played).

Good point about accurate statistics! However, that doesn't change that OKW win rates are way up post patch. In team games, Ostheer percentages are also rising probably because of OKW carrying.
9 Dec 2015, 18:16 PM

Yeah ost played anything but flawlessly can and will get stomped by rifle hordes. Only reason okw is buffed to the sky is to sell the new commander, Goliath would be too gimmicky to be the only reason to buy especially when the faction sucked pre patch.
9 Dec 2015, 18:39 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

edit:
should have made it clearer: assuming 6 days with 50% winrate and say 80 games played (so 40 wins per day) and 1 day with 100% winrate (and 4 wins out of 4 games) would equal roughly 57% with your formula, when statistically correct it should be roughly 50.4%

That's why i didn't take the 100% w/l into account, nevertheless...

OH: 64.66% I can do the same for the other factions as well. But it's not even close to the 50% you said.

Edit:
USF: 72.39%
UKF: 68.20%
OKW: 62.49%

And here i finish cause matchmaking finally found an opponent.
9 Dec 2015, 18:47 PM

That's why i didn't take the 100% w/l into account, nevertheless...

OH: 64.66% I can do the same for the other factions as well. But it's not even close to the 50% you said.

?! where did i claim it was 50%? you claimed it was 66.23% winrate for ostheer, using a statistically useless way of trying to calculate the winrates. and if you look at my edit, you can see exactly why it's flawed (those are made up numbers, used to prove a point that your numbers are useless, because they don't represent the facts). i also showed you how to correctly determine the winrate for the top 150. you'll find that the numbers differ way more when calculating the winratios correctly.

edit: another example to make it clearer:
imagine 2 "samples" of 0% and 100% winrate. your way of calculating would give you 50% winrate. when in reality, without knowing the number of games, it could be anything in the interval (0,100) or 0 < x < 100.
assuming the 0% loss rate occured in a single game, while the 100% winrate had 9999 games played, we actually have 9999/10000 wins, or 99.99% winrate. or, the other way around, 9999 losses and 1 win, and 0.01% winrate. no way to tell by just looking at the winrates without incorporating the number of games.
9 Dec 2015, 18:55 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

?! where did i claim it was 50%? you claimed it was 66.23% winrate for ostheer, using a statistically useless way of trying to calculate the winrates. and if you look at my edit, you can see exactly why it's flawed (those are made up numbers, used to prove a point that your numbers are useless, because they don't represent the facts). i also showed you how to correctly determine the winrate for the top 150. you'll find that the numbers differ way more when calculating the winratios correctly.

i guess that must be why usf had 70+% winrate, UKF close behind... both axis factions barely over 50% (around 55% iirc)... yep, totally balanced ^^

And i did it correctly now.
9 Dec 2015, 19:04 PM

And i did it correctly now.

i edited my post above with clarifications why your method is flawed. also i don't see corrected numbers anywhere. and, like you quoted, i said that the winrate was around 55% percent. iirc = if i recall correctly, so i admitted that the numbers might be off, but surely not by around 10%.
9 Dec 2015, 19:20 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

i edited my post above with clarifications why your method is flawed. also i don't see corrected numbers anywhere. and, like you quoted, i said that the winrate was around 55% percent. iirc = if i recall correctly, so i admitted that the numbers might be off, but surely not by around 10%.

(WL ratio for Y day) x (number of games of Y day) = number of win games.

Total of win games / Total of games played = ratio
OH: 64.66%
USF: 72.39%
UKF: 68.20%
OKW: 62.49%
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 11
South Africa 1
United Kingdom 144
Germany 23