Login

russian armor

UKF Post Patch

4 Dec 2015, 18:17 PM

So I just wanted to quickly make this thread so players could post their opinions on the UKF's performance post-patch. With all the OKW OP threads circulating, I didn't want this issue to be overlooked. While I certainly agree the UKF did need some nerfs, I think some units were punished for no reason - and that in combination with underperforming units being overlooked (Sexton, Firefly) I feel this thread will serve some useful purpose.

Infantry Sections - I think their vet 3 was nerfed too much. In combination with their vet 2 received accuracy nerf, and their target sized being adjusted, these units do not have the same scaling as other mainline infantry, which was a major problem that the USF suffered from for the longest time. This combined with their lack of versatility that other mainline units have makes them quite unappealing.

.55 Cal Sniper - I'm fine with this unit's critical shot being pushed to vet 1, but now the UKF is in really desperate need of some sort of AT grenade since they are punished quite severely by light vehicles, especially by units that can easily circle strafe the 6 pounder like the Luchs, and nothing can be done about it.

Churchills - Standard Churchill is very unappealing right now. I'd say either lower it's cost to 500 MP, 165 FU, or keep the current cost and give it back 1600HP. Raising the Crocodile CP to 13 was a very good change, but the high fuel cost combined with the range nerf was not. IMO bring the cost to 700MP 200-210 FU and revert the range nerf.

I encourage everyone else to post their opinions and experiences on this topic, and thank you for taking the time to read.
4 Dec 2015, 19:16 PM

Permanently Banned
The churchill nerfs were completely uncalled for after the previous nerfs. The vet nerf for croc made sense. But then you've got sextons, firefly amd firefly tulips completely untouched.

When making changes to a faction, every unit in said faction needs to be briefly looked over.
4 Dec 2015, 19:19 PM

Infantry sections are now the crappest infantry in the game.

this is the biggest issue, along with zero indirect fire
4 Dec 2015, 19:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Dec 2015, 19:19 PMRollo

I agree this is the biggest issue. I don't really understand why they were changed in the first place. Maybe 5 man squads with double brens was excessive - but they could have just made the unit's weapon slot to 1 - and now that the cost for upgrading to 5 man squads has been increased (which takes away from a lot of diverse starting build orders, btw, IMO) I really don't understand why they were nerfed.
4 Dec 2015, 19:40 PM
Patrion 14

Infantry Sections arent worth 280MP anymore, thats for sure. But they arent useless either.
4 Dec 2015, 19:52 PM

To be honest I'm scared to play Brits until after the initial rush of OKW players testing it out passes. I feel like Brits will be shoehorned into getting AEC most matches in order to deal with Luchs. I was having hard enough time dealing with it as USF last night and at least their Zooks can hit a moving target unlike PIATs. Either that or you need to be very proactive with mining if you suspect impending Luchs rape.

I agree that Churchill looks very overpriced as well given the recent nerfs and increase in cost to Anvil teching which means that it effectively costs 230 fuel (which is shame because I really enjoy going Anvil).
4 Dec 2015, 20:33 PM

After the endless nerfs for Churchill, I was looking forward for the post-patch 17pdr/77mm HV gun "fail to hit the target fix", thought it means relic will finnally add a projectile for firefly and comets(which means you could hit target using attack ground rather than shots phase through your target)

sign..... sexton/AEC never receive any attention, consider the German player base are vocal majorities everywhere around the world, so meh. I was hoping US/Soviet will get some revamp add some units and more unit selections(they are limited and could only use cheesy tactics)...
4 Dec 2015, 21:10 PM

In 4vs4, being matched with more then 1 Brit is written doom for the allies team.

Why : (With evenly skilled players)

They are way too weak and slow in the opening phase of the game leading to Axis getting more resources. The resources snowballing effect place the allies team on the losing side, right at the beginning. They were overnerfed.

The more Brits you have on your team, the faster you will lose.

Rest of the patch : i can live with.

Thanks.
4 Dec 2015, 21:51 PM
4 Dec 2015, 22:17 PM

I don't understand the UKF nerfs. Maybe a slight nerf here and there would be good, but they have just decimated the Croc and Churchill. IS's suck now, the heavy armor sucks now, its basically just a shittier Russia now with garbage emplacements.
5 Dec 2015, 01:04 AM

they seem to be getting crushed, which isnt exactly shocking there 1vs1 early, mid has was always been trash.

with no indirect fire i dont understand how your meant to make assaults with them.

i have no idea who they listened to when they balanced the brits 4vs4 players maybe?
14 Dec 2015, 12:09 PM

they seem to be getting crushed, which isnt exactly shocking there 1vs1 early, mid has was always been trash.

with no indirect fire i dont understand how your meant to make assaults with them.

i have no idea who they listened to when they balanced the brits 4vs4 players maybe?

They listened to German fanboys, that's who.
14 Dec 2015, 12:52 PM

They listened to German fanboys, that's who.

relic always does that :snfPeter:
14 Dec 2015, 12:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Dec 2015, 19:19 PMRollo

+1
14 Dec 2015, 22:56 PM

The lack of indirect fire, especially mobile indirect fire is a huge issue for the Brits and seriously limits their capacity to deal with entrenched enemies.
(I'm talking non-doctrinal by the way).
Ostheer have the mortar team and the Panzerwerfer.
Soviets have the mortar, Zis AT guns, SU-76 and the Katyusha.
U.S. have the M8 Motor Carriage and the Pack Howitzer
OKW have the Le.IG and the Walking Stuka.

What to the Brits have? Rubbish base arty that is slow, inaccurate and requires a close-range grenade toss by a suicidal infantry unit.
A fixed mortar emplacement that can't be used for assaults and just becomes a population sink.
The secondary fire mode on the Bofors (an even bigger population sink fixed emplacement) that is short range only?

14 Dec 2015, 23:40 PM

They promised to bring the brits to balance late game but they overnerfed them in so many ways that this isn't true anymore. Here are some units that could make the lategame interesting but fail by trying:

Churchills: Their initial stats should have been completely untouched, high armor, high hp, a match for german late game tanks. Instead of nerfing them they just should have balanced them only over their price. This would have meant that all variants of Churchills would have cost more than 200 fuel and of course more manpower too. That way they couldn't be spammed or come to early and would be real powerful lategame tanks designed as a match for Tiger, KT, Jagdtiger and huge shrek blobs.

7pdr emplacement: To big to place on many spots. Prone to constant artillery fire like LEIG attacks or to flame attacks, a manpower/fuel sink which eats 20(!!) of your population. This is a joke, especially because you even can't give it up to free up popspace. You have to manually destroy it by targeting it. If your opponent builds one of these just let it alive and attack elsewhere with a bigger army than he can field, because he invested to much population in emplacements.

Sexton: In so many ways worse than a priest that it is not worth building it. A well balanced Sexton as a non-doctrinal unit in the last tech building really would help brits in late game so much.

Base artillery: As others said a joke. Short range ability with big red smoke and low impact if you find something static or somebody who just didn't run away with his troops. No smoke and more damage or more shots in a salvo would help. If this would be to good, just make it a base side tech upgrade you have to pay for to balance it. So you would either delay your tech to get a decent howitzer ability in midgame or you could buy it in lategame after completing your tech to round up your combined arms.

15 Dec 2015, 00:31 AM
Donator 11

Observe how ANY OKW related thread gets some crazy amount of posts but UKF is always ignored. I barely see any posts about how terrible UKF is. It's always OKW OKW OKW OKW OKW OKW OKW

Either I have absolutely no idea how to play the Brits or this faction can't stand against constant waves of OKW infantry, LEIG/Stuka, and fast tanks.

UKF is the newest faction. It needs like... tremendous amount of work. You have factions like Ostheer and Soviets who've been balanced for years, and OKW/USF for about a year, but UKF barely gets any attention even though it's been out for a few months. Everything is just being overshadowed by OKW lol.

#foreverAlone

OKW is like... everyone's best and worst friend/enemy.
15 Dec 2015, 02:15 AM

Infantry Sections
lee enfield Rifle lower acc compare Axis unit (no talk about cons mosin rifle T-T)
ok with 0.9 passive rec
cover bonus if IS use lee enfield Rifle small cooldown bonus
need some Bren LMG form get more bonus
15 Dec 2015, 03:02 AM

I think the biggest need for this faction, is some non doctrinal indirect (both MP only, and a fuel based unit).

In those close fought games, indirect is what makes the difference. It's unfair for the faction (known historically for it's artillery), to have no decent options. This also applies to the USF somewhat. Having something so crucial in a stalemate being locked behind a commander, is a stupid, stupid design decision. It's somewhat offset with the excellent Pak Howie.

Having a stationary mortar is quite literally shit. 400mp for something that can't be retreated? I'd rather just a normal 240mp mortar.
15 Dec 2015, 03:18 AM

When Allies were winning everywhere, people blamed Relic for listening to Allied fanboys.

When OKW starts winning everywhere, people blame Relic for listening to Axis fanboys...

This consistent change of blaming people for power shifts...

Anyways, Relic has successfully profited off of Brits. They got their money from the people who bought it for stomping the enemy, and now it has been balanced to garbage, being now nothing in the grand scheme of things. Impressive marketing strategy... Definitely not a trend among every DLC they make...

UKF was doomed from the start with three of their buildings being static emplacements, which are balls to balance. They badly represent dependable units to use, and now it is to the point where nearly everything Brit is garbage. Unfortunately, I liked Brits. It would have been much easier for all of us if Brits were designed to be equally balanced as a whole, instead of having prior super tanks, infantry and offmaps (now nerfed) and ridiculously lame onmap indirect fire (completely ignored). Too bad, i guess. Better luck being enjoyable next year.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★