Login

russian armor

The AEC needs a buff

PAGES (7)down
4 Dec 2015, 11:52 AM

Nobody buys Pumas against Brits. Luchs is a new threat and we'll need to see how it performs now that it's available at the Mech Truck. Shrecks are their own problem.

Even if the AEC were equal or slightly better than the Puma, it's not going to change anything. The Brits just don't need a Puma clone.

the british's biggest weakness in the early game is light vehicle due to their lack of snare or tracking inf ATW. The puma is one of the most effective light vehicle hunter in the entire game. A puma clone is exactly what the British need.

no one buy puma against the british because the british doesn't have any light vehicle worth countering.

The bren carrier can be countered with small arms and the AEC is so crap that no one buy them.
4 Dec 2015, 12:31 PM

AEC is not inferior to puma. AEC main cannon actually have better anti-infantry capability. this main cannon hit a infantry.

edit : i had small test
AEC is better anti-infantry capability at close range.
Puma is better anti-infantry capability at long range.
4 Dec 2015, 12:33 PM
Patrion 14

AEC is not inferior to puma. AEC main cannon actually have better anti-infantry capability. this main cannon hit a infantry.

Puma has better vet 1 ability though; which literally lets it snipe infantry. I've seen puma's kill infantry quite a few times if you let there guns be on free fire sitting in the back picking off models.
4 Dec 2015, 12:35 PM

I think it nends a buff. Don't know exactly where tho.
4 Dec 2015, 12:39 PM

I specifically tested it and the AEC's main gun is similar to the puma's main gun in the AI department. Puma is actually better at anti-infantry because of its powerful coaxial MG.
4 Dec 2015, 12:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Dec 2015, 12:39 PMMuxsus

I specifically tested it and the AEC's main gun is similar to the puma's main gun in the AI department. Puma is actually better at anti-infantry because of its powerful coaxial MG.

my test AEC' main cannon has better scatter. it is better if your AEC is close to enemy infantry.

i agree that AEC needs something.
nee
4 Dec 2015, 12:54 PM

Maybe the AEC should perform AT snare role? Kind of like a T-70 but it's best job is critical hits on vehicles.

That might make it too obvious a choice over Bofors, though.
4 Dec 2015, 12:56 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Dec 2015, 12:54 PMnee
Maybe the AEC should perform AT snare role? Kind of like a T-70 but it's best job is critical hits on vehicles.

That might make it too obvious a choice over Bofors, though.

I'd enjoy it if tread breaker immobilized enemy tanks. Giving brits the best snare for the cost of no normal snares on infantry.
4 Dec 2015, 13:14 PM

I'd enjoy it if tread breaker immobilized enemy tanks. Giving brits the best snare for the cost of no normal snares on infantry.

Lol it has this ability at vet1. Or you guys just troll everyone here? If yes then my reply is:
"Also brits should have smoke cover ability on AEC"
4 Dec 2015, 13:20 PM

I'd say decrease the cost as proposed. You can't increase the range as then it would be too cheap compared to a Puma which is 70 fuel.

Honestly I don't get why you have to unlock it with tech or why its not possible to get a bofors and an AEC. It's not like this combination is op or that you see bofors spammed like no tomorrow.
4 Dec 2015, 13:25 PM
Patrion 14

Lol it has this ability at vet1. Or you guys just troll everyone here? If yes then my reply is:
"Also brits should have smoke cover ability on AEC"

It's a temporary yellow crit immobilize that lasts for 5 seconds. I meant like red engine damage/immobilize tracks type of crit(round has to pen for this to happen in my mind).

*Checking again, tread breaker takes around 5 seconds to also fire the round before it actually immobilizes the tank; don't know why.
4 Dec 2015, 13:36 PM

I'd say decrease the cost as proposed. You can't increase the range as then it would be too cheap compared to a Puma which is 70 fuel.

Honestly I don't get why you have to unlock it with tech or why its not possible to get a bofors and an AEC. It's not like this combination is op or that you see bofors spammed like no tomorrow.

The biggest problem is not the fuel cost, it's the 440 (or 460?) manpower that makes it unfavorable. It also has a 65 fuel cost, not much of a difference, especially with the OKW penalty gone.
4 Dec 2015, 13:52 PM

^This.
4 Dec 2015, 13:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Dec 2015, 13:36 PMMuxsus

The biggest problem is not the fuel cost, it's the 440 (or 460?) manpower that makes it unfavorable. It also has a 65 fuel cost, not much of a difference, especially with the OKW penalty gone.

Yes the manpower on it is insane. 280-320 mp range for everything (unit + unlock) is fine imo.
Although I think its the best to completely remove the unlock. This unit is so crucial against early light vehicle that it should be easier accessible.
4 Dec 2015, 16:03 PM

It's a temporary yellow crit immobilize that lasts for 5 seconds. I meant like red engine damage/immobilize tracks type of crit(round has to pen for this to happen in my mind).

*Checking again, tread breaker takes around 5 seconds to also fire the round before it actually immobilizes the tank; don't know why.

Becuz it works that way - 2 shots = immobilized.
nee
4 Dec 2015, 17:48 PM

Becuz it works that way - 2 shots = immobilized.
For a while.
5 Dec 2015, 07:45 AM

edit : i had small test
AEC is better anti-infantry capability at close range.
Puma is better anti-infantry capability at long range.

close range, how close? because at close range you're eating either Faust or Schreck.

It's not like the AEC have the capability to erase infantry squad like the t70 or even the stuart. Trying to say AEC count as anti-infantry is comparing tent to a mansion.

The AEC's anti-infantry capability is comparable to Puma, as in the both of them are rather poor against infantry.
5 Dec 2015, 07:58 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

close range, how close? because at close range you're eating either Faust or Schreck.

It's not like the AEC have the capability to erase infantry squad like the t70 or even the stuart. Trying to say AEC count as anti-infantry is comparing tent to a mansion.

The AEC's anti-infantry capability is comparable to Puma, as in the both of them are rather poor against infantry.

What's the stats on the AEC's coaxial MG? Puma's DPS of its is comparable to a Gren squad if I recall correctly (more of a point of information your paragraph made me wonder about than continuing the balance discussion).
5 Dec 2015, 09:09 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Dec 2015, 07:58 AMVuther

What's the stats on the AEC's coaxial MG? Puma's DPS of its is comparable to a Gren squad if I recall correctly (more of a point of information your paragraph made me wonder about than continuing the balance discussion).

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LOYMDi_XR7rILsk6HbAZqGihsk22t-45C_6NbQEP-m0/edit#gid=1675306803&vpid=A1

added in the puma's coaxial mg.

the puma's coaxial mg is significantly better. It's about 2x-3x better at mid-long range. neither the Puma nor the AEC have a hull mounted mg.

note that the wehr puma coaxial is a clone of the okw puma coaxial.
5 Dec 2015, 10:25 AM

NO. Please, we don't want another cehapass anti every thing Stuart for 240/35 fuel, lol
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS