Login

russian armor

Balance could almost be there yet factions cores ignored.

4 Dec 2015, 04:18 AM

I believe everybody knows that OKW before patch release and patch release now know they are overpowered.

Give OKW tier CORE CONCEPT 66% resources back and I think they will be in a good balance position.

Relic most stop balancing for 1v1 when 2s and up are the most popular types of games for the community.

When OKW can build THREE (3) stuka rocket HT NP in a game, there is an issue since 1 year they have been out almost impossible, now its just standard.

This is just one example what they can due now with ZERO negative aspects of tactics.

I beat many have dealt with volks blobs with shrecks already and how effective they are (not impossible to counter to defeat) but how hard they are to now.

Almost every single team game, you'll see min 2 KTs when this for almost a year ALSO was unlikely, now its just like ok 20 min KT every game.

May be a rant yet i could be wrong, what are your thoughts on this patch, if i'm wrong please correct me.
4 Dec 2015, 04:21 AM

its either unbalanced there or unbalanced here :snfPeter: and relic has decided for unbalance in 4v4 :snfPeter:
4 Dec 2015, 04:24 AM

Also try to adapt to it give it a month or 2 because thats when relic will start collecting opinion for patches again.
4 Dec 2015, 04:29 AM

Give it a week or two. Wait until other people take notice of the changes. It's too quick to know if the balance is screwed up.

As for balancing 4v4s, you just have to deal with it. It's really hard to balance a game mode that is four times than that of the 1v1s.
4 Dec 2015, 04:31 AM

No plan survives first contact. This is an iterative process while the new meta stabilises; give it some time. Around 20+ min KT was possible even in old patch, but OKW does get more fuel overall in a game so they are now better able to replace losses.
4 Dec 2015, 04:42 AM
Senior Caster Badge

Relic most stop balancing for 1v1 when 2s and up are the most popular types of games for the community.

This... but won't happen. 1v1 is pro am i rite! Totally going eSports 1v1. :-D

Another thing is, that you can really just tech very quick now, which means every light vehicle except for su-76 and stuart are mostly pretty useless since puma is a hardcounter to t70, m5, m20, Flak HT. In my opinion the mechanized truck fuel cost should be a bit increased.

But to counter an KT at this early state needs way more teamwork and can be punished easily since Stuka will probably there too so you can rek the AT guns stopping your KT from making a move. so the pressure on allies will be unbearable under a time and you get forced into making mistakes and losing some units. Getting a Zook-Blob is seducing then, but 1 Ostheer Panzerwerfer punishes that decision aswell. So as allies, you will have to have an AT force and use it together. I guess Mark Target will make a huge comeback these days

Also Mr Serious, not only 4v4, 3's are the same aswell as 2v2 i'd say.
4 Dec 2015, 04:46 AM
Senior Caster Badge

Give it a week or two. Wait until other people take notice of the changes. It's too quick to know if the balance is screwed up.

As for balancing 4v4s, you just have to deal with it. It's really hard to balance a game mode that is four times than that of the 1v1s.

"You just have to deal with it because the 1v1 boys will cry otherwise". What an excellent point.
4 Dec 2015, 04:55 AM

The only handicap they may need is manpower.
4 Dec 2015, 04:58 AM

When OKW can build THREE (3) stuka rocket HT NP in a game, there is an issue since 1 year they have been out almost impossible, now its just standard.

It was always possible, you just had to use resource conversion and remember to salvage things.
4 Dec 2015, 06:01 AM

4v4s will always come down to the team that coordinates best together. Achieving good balance in 1v1 will cascade into team games. If you are getting beaten by players who think its a good idea to spam the same unit over and over again (especially a support unit such as a stuka zu fuss) that comes down more to you and your teams inability to exploit his poor unit comp.
4 Dec 2015, 07:21 AM

Permanently Banned
I honestly would have preferred if they balanced okw around a starved elite. But when you've got frankenstein units like incendiary nade shrekt volks its not gonna happen.
4 Dec 2015, 12:26 PM
Senior Caster Badge

4v4s will always come down to the team that coordinates best together. Achieving good balance in 1v1 will cascade into team games. If you are getting beaten by players who think its a good idea to spam the same unit over and over again (especially a support unit such as a stuka zu fuss) that comes down more to you and your teams inability to exploit his poor unit comp.

http://www.coh2.org/replay/45677/2vp-win-with-the-new-okw-3v4-op-watch-and-comment watch this and tell me that as okw losing units is still punishing
4 Dec 2015, 15:13 PM

You know me and my team are some of the best and most experienced team game players in the world for CoH2 right?

Trust me, our coordination is quite well.
4 Dec 2015, 15:31 PM

4v4 is an unmitigated retard festival and needs to take a definitive backseat when it comes to balancing concerns. Sorry, I know, some people are getting angry as they read this (:() but: Its the truth. Cornerstones of CoH franchise gameplay, ie. combined arms, flanking, cover/general terrain usage as well as unit preservation/composition etc are simply far less important in large teamgames.
Also, due to faction asymetry/tech and cp progression, balancing in 1v1 does not and in fact inherently cannot translate into 4v4 and vice versa.
4 Dec 2015, 15:48 PM

It's slightly harder to rolfstomp them with shock frontline/Ez8s/Comets.

But still possible.
4 Dec 2015, 17:13 PM
Donator 11

I don't think this new patch was all that good if I'm being honest, I play almost all factions, and the fact that before I could get out my Stuart the guy had Luchs and 251(Granted my teammate was not able to control the fuel outright immediately), but even if I had a Stuart, I would have ran into 2-3 Shrek'd volks.

I really do think they were better off leaving the resource penalty in place, maybe tweaking the value from maybe 66% to 70% and seeing how it did. The real problem with OKW was their teching arrangement and timing.

Teching wise they had their Stuart/T-70 in the Schwerer, which made little sense to me, and the 251/17 Flak was in the mech, which lent it to being over looked for healing, and LeIG's. I say bring the penalty back, adjust it if need be, and leave all other changes in place.
4 Dec 2015, 18:28 PM

You know me and my team are some of the best and most experienced team game players in the world for CoH2 right?

Trust me, our coordination is quite well.

I also see that the majority of your games are played as allies. Not saying some of your concerns aren't justified, it's just that if you're only really playing against one faction (I'm assuming most people playing axis who own OKW are playing OKW right now due to the changes) then of course you're only going to notice the nuances of that one faction and not take anything else to heart. The patch is still fresh, the changes made will force allied players to play differently, give it time and I'm sure most of the whine concerns on the forums will die down.

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Dec 2015, 12:26 PMd0ggY

http://www.coh2.org/replay/45677/2vp-win-with-the-new-okw-3v4-op-watch-and-comment watch this and tell me that as okw losing units is still punishing

One game against an arguably less stacked team is hardly enough to showcase the current state of balance.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★