Login

russian armor

2v2 and upward are totally broken

PAGES (9)down
6 Dec 2015, 19:55 PM

The amount of resources the OKW can float now is insane, mainly MP.
6 Dec 2015, 22:16 PM

The amount of resources the OKW can float now is insane, mainly MP.

dont forget volks have a way lower MP bleed than rifle squads and infantry sections so spamtastic panzershrecks of doom
7 Dec 2015, 02:01 AM

I knew there would be complaints by allied players once new OKW hit the field (OMG 6 MINS AXIS AI LIGHT VEHICLE, WADDAFAK, RELIC NERF PLZ) but I didn't think it'd be on this scale. On Pzn Lucky especially. Seriously, its a T70 with an autocannon (consistent bleed) vs a single shot (on T70 which both bleeds and occasionally wipes)

How many of you have never played 1v1 before? 3-5 min WASP, 5 min USA LT T1, cheesy scout car openings with flamers that let soviet chase down in 4th min. I'm sorry you have to defend against early light vehicles as allies now but please, show some versatility and, I dunno, change up your build order a bit to include a little deterrence. (15 fuel for both BAR and Zook, Soviets have access to AT Nade and AT Gun, British have AEC, PAK-a-Like, not including the mines available to all allied facitons)

14-18 min KT appearances are a concern but can anybody tell me the fastest time they ever got a churchill or churchill croc out?

7 Dec 2015, 03:09 AM

Relic, this patch is an utter disgrace. OKW are steam rolling with 100% resources and almost 100% win rate. Seriously, proof is in the pudding. Please reduce OKW resources. The quick luchs and panzer 4 is totally game breaking.
7 Dec 2015, 04:23 AM

Early KT and pop are the main problem.Relatively easy to hotfix.
Otherwise good patch.
7 Dec 2015, 08:39 AM

After playing several 2v2s and 3v3s in this weekend, arena team and randoms, I can say that I don't find the balance being off.

I mean:
2 3v3s one lost, one won.
2 random 2v2s.
several (can't remember how many, damn') arena team 2v2s.

Ok, at my level - which is not high, but quite mediocre, I don't feel the game is unbalanced, as simple as that. I was beaten several times, I won several times, and I think the victories number is verry close to the defeats' number.

The USF blobbing is as effective as ever, moping up the floor with axis units early game. If they do this properly, no come back for axis at this stage.

Related to volks, the first difference I noticed is that they are quite expensive, without having such a performance boost. They are somewhat okish without being to good.

*Note: do not expect form OKW a to combined arms play. It will never happen. No matter how you change this faction, its verry nature is to use the more simple tactics which are the most easy ones. All you must find is counters. And I saw that counterblobbing in USF's case works verry good.*

For ostheer, it's quite the oposite. The most you combine and diversify, the better.

I met only one player with brits, which could mean 2 things (one of them or both):
1. The cheese is gone, and with it, all the cheese abusers;
2. The other 2 Allied factions are in a better state right now.

So please do not expect form OKW to play Ostheer style. If it does this, it will loose, as simple as that.

Each faction is different, and you can hate OKW for what it is, but you cannot ever change its nature. I think we need to understand this, eather we like it or not.

P.S. What's with that Calliope anyway? Met it in one game, it's so effective against both infantry and vehicles. I would gladly change the wurframen with it. Can't say it's OP because I didn't see it performing but in one game, I have to face it / use it more, to see what it can realy do.
7 Dec 2015, 10:30 AM

The standard question in every patch since I bought this game has been: join the abuse or be salty? This truly is Relics masterpiece patch though. :snfPeter:

This
7 Dec 2015, 11:42 AM

When I'm back from work, I like to relax and play non-intensive 4v4 game.
But currently it's just pudding. Every single 4v4 as OKW I won so far without any effort (1 defeat at the begging, you know, stun at 0:00 and then suddenly drop).
On the other hand playing as allies in current state... :foreveralone:
7 Dec 2015, 11:56 AM

After playing several 2v2s and 3v3s in this weekend, arena team and randoms, I can say that I don't find the balance being off.

I mean:
2 3v3s one lost, one won.
2 random 2v2s.
several (can't remember how many, damn') arena team 2v2s.

Ok, at my level - which is not high, but quite mediocre, I don't feel the game is unbalanced, as simple as that. I was beaten several times, I won several times, and I think the victories number is verry close to the defeats' number.

The USF blobbing is as effective as ever, moping up the floor with axis units early game. If they do this properly, no come back for axis at this stage.

Related to volks, the first difference I noticed is that they are quite expensive, without having such a performance boost. They are somewhat okish without being to good.

*Note: do not expect form OKW a to combined arms play. It will never happen. No matter how you change this faction, its verry nature is to use the more simple tactics which are the most easy ones. All you must find is counters. And I saw that counterblobbing in USF's case works verry good.*

For ostheer, it's quite the oposite. The most you combine and diversify, the better.

I met only one player with brits, which could mean 2 things (one of them or both):
1. The cheese is gone, and with it, all the cheese abusers;
2. The other 2 Allied factions are in a better state right now.

So please do not expect form OKW to play Ostheer style. If it does this, it will loose, as simple as that.

Each faction is different, and you can hate OKW for what it is, but you cannot ever change its nature. I think we need to understand this, eather we like it or not.

P.S. What's with that Calliope anyway? Met it in one game, it's so effective against both infantry and vehicles. I would gladly change the wurframen with it. Can't say it's OP because I didn't see it performing but in one game, I have to face it / use it more, to see what it can realy do.

Playing in the hands of both sides of an argument requires skill. Nice try though.

Volks have 5 pop cap, kt comes at 11 minutes in 4v4 and double okw in 2v2 means total lockdown if they communicate.
7 Dec 2015, 14:38 PM

Permanently Banned
When I'm back from work, I like to relax and play non-intensive 4v4 game.
But currently it's just pudding. Every single 4v4 as OKW I won so far without any effort (1 defeat at the begging, you know, stun at 0:00 and then suddenly drop).
On the other hand playing as allies in current state... :foreveralone:

Lel you in work sit in this forum ? :clap:
7 Dec 2015, 14:55 PM

Power of smartphone and working on PC :p
7 Dec 2015, 15:55 PM

Power of smartphone and working on PC :p

I can totally relate, except I don't need to hide it :sibHyena:

:romeoPro:

Some of us here get even paid for that.
7 Dec 2015, 16:11 PM

Why allies complaining about a fast luchs? Soviets can literally build an AT gun within the first minute of the game, they can lay down mines, get Guards at 2 CP, brits who rush T2 can field an AT gun quikcly, or throw down a fast bofors to completely lock down a fuel/VP against a luchs (happened against me), and even USF can field a fast captain and stuart/AT gun. and the nice thing is in teamgames if one of you gets a fast AT gun or two to deal with the Luchs the others can build compensatory units. Is it really that big of an issue? Or should you guys build more mines and AT guns ...?
7 Dec 2015, 16:39 PM

7 Dec 2015, 16:54 PM

Oh please, OKW STILL retain their high risk and high reward system WITHOUT any risks now.
7 Dec 2015, 16:55 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Dec 2015, 16:11 PMNosliw
Why allies complaining about a fast luchs? Soviets can literally build an AT gun within the first minute of the game, they can lay down mines, get Guards at 2 CP, brits who rush T2 can field an AT gun quikcly, or throw down a fast bofors to completely lock down a fuel/VP against a luchs (happened against me), and even USF can field a fast captain and stuart/AT gun. and the nice thing is in teamgames if one of you gets a fast AT gun or two to deal with the Luchs the others can build compensatory units. Is it really that big of an issue? Or should you guys build more mines and AT guns ...?

cuz brits have no snare, good luck getting a bofors (gets flame naded into oblivion, stuart delays your tech so much comes at the 6-7 min, Luchs is fast enough to strafe around the at guns then gun you down as u back them up. Mines would work but they have to be far forward enough and laying them is a gamble as to weather of not his inf blob will hit them or his blob. getting 2 at guns as UKF is more expensive then getting RS so you have to give up half the map to get them (each is 320mp).

Try and play brits, see if you can do the things you say will stop it. UKF is not viable and according to coh2charts.com neither is all allies as you have a 7% chance to win v OKW.

7 Dec 2015, 17:16 PM
Senior Caster Badge

The problem is OKW just get free everything and don't need to decide on their investments. They get free Medics, free forward bases, Free Shrek unlocks, Free Grenade unlocks, and fast access to tanks. This just results in them having too much, 6 minute Lucks with Shrek Support, with Incendiary grenades, with free repair. I think Grenades and Shreks should be locked behind a fuel/mp upgrade like every single Allied Faction. And Medics/Repairs/Flak Cannon should need to be unlocked with a munitions upgrade.
7 Dec 2015, 17:54 PM

cuz brits have no snare, good luck getting a bofors (gets flame naded into oblivion, stuart delays your tech so much comes at the 6-7 min, Luchs is fast enough to strafe around the at guns then gun you down as u back them up. Mines would work but they have to be far forward enough and laying them is a gamble as to weather of not his inf blob will hit them or his blob. getting 2 at guns as UKF is more expensive then getting RS so you have to give up half the map to get them (each is 320mp).

Try and play brits, see if you can do the things you say will stop it. UKF is not viable and according to coh2charts.com neither is all allies as you have a 7% chance to win v OKW.

Fair point. I can see it would be difficult for the Brit player. However, I am optimistic that laying mines to protect AT guns from being circle strafed might help. That and possible getting Piats (although that would affect your ability to fight Volks). I should play more and find out though. If only the Brit sniper still had its vet0 ability, and could use it to slow the Luchs

The problem is OKW just get free everything and don't need to decide on their investments. They get free Medics, free forward bases, Free Shrek unlocks, Free Grenade unlocks, and fast access to tanks. This just results in them having too much, 6 minute Lucks with Shrek Support, with Incendiary grenades, with free repair. I think Grenades and Shreks should be locked behind a fuel/mp upgrade like every single Allied Faction. And Medics/Repairs/Flak Cannon should need to be unlocked with a munitions upgrade.

Agreed. I really dislike how the developers make the only ways to spend fuel in most scenarios on making more units. No fuel to minitions anymore, no fuel to veterency anymore (the Ostheer changes)... and for OKW, there's no "upgrades" to spend fuel on. Just "spend fuel on Luchs, then save fuel, then spend fuel on Panther"... no brainer, very linear
7 Dec 2015, 18:01 PM

I was thinking the same thing. I think the revamp OKW will be much better if some of the upgrades are locked behind a tech. Right now, OKW has unlimited options and openings for numerous strategies.
7 Dec 2015, 20:43 PM

Sir, show your playercard please.

Sir, as should you.
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak