Login

russian armor

Rocket Artillery

3 Dec 2015, 18:07 PM
Patrion 26

With the not-so-recent buffs to the panzerwerfer, both German factions have access to potent non-doctrinal mobile artillery. Of the 3 allied factions, only Soviets have an equivalent, whilst Brits and USF are left out on their asses.

This results in some pretty one-sided gameplay on certain maps/matchups. Though Brits have access to non-doc base arty, it's effectiveness and similarity to easily dodged off-maps makes it near useless at anything other than hitting OKW trucks.

Any way of dealing with Axis arty as USF/UKF when the match reaches a stalemate or is it just another terrible design feature that has yet to be addressed?
3 Dec 2015, 18:10 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Duplicate
3 Dec 2015, 23:32 PM

Yeah, I don't know what relic was doing when they decided to do this.

With usf you basically have to keep infantry company or I guess now support company in your load out just in case you need arty otherwise you can be pretty screwed over by a player who digs in well. UKF is shit out of luck though. Not only do they not have a non doc heavy indirect, their only indirect is freaking static. And unlike USF their only artillery commander is absolute shit.

I suppose majors arty and brit base howi are supposed to make up for this in some way. But relic has completely ignored that these abilities are hugely underpowered. Majors arty has gone untouched for over a year now.
3 Dec 2015, 23:34 PM
Patrion 14

3v3 and up has always been based on the reliance of heavy artillery since more often that not; the spacing of the map means players are going to be blob pushing their units 50% or more of the time.
3 Dec 2015, 23:48 PM

Seriously though relic, just make the pack a barrage unit. There's no need for two units(m8) to do the same damn thing. It would be so much better and unique then what we have now.

As for UKF, I don't even know what to do. I don't usually think putting a new unit into an nondoc army is a good or realistic idea, but having the only indirect be a static emplacement is such a bad idea. I think they may just need to throw the land mattress into their tech somewhere instead of a commander.
4 Dec 2015, 00:06 AM

both the tommies and major artillery need a pretty massive buff.
4 Dec 2015, 01:04 AM

When it comes to american indirect fire I think we need to just move some units around.

My idea is to take the Mortar halftrack out of the inf commander. Place the MH into LT and take the pack howlie and place it into the Inf commander. Then take the M8 scott and move it down to capton.

This gives both tier a mobile indirect unit, which fits more with the USF play still. Plue i feel that the M8 just comes to late to be of any use. Thoughts?
4 Dec 2015, 03:44 AM

I think usf design is fine,they already have one rocket artilley vehicle in the new commander.And the M8 is so good at wiping infantry especially the german infantry squard has 4 men and always huddle.Maybe the major artilley needs some love.

The brits sucks. Actually they are poor at indirect fire options in their stock tech tree.But on the other hand they have unlimited heavy tanks churchills, various vehicles.Dunno if it's the design of the brits .Just buff the sexon.
4 Dec 2015, 07:21 AM
Patrion 28

USF has indirect fire but they have poor range on that indirect fire (the barrages of both the pack and the m8 are shit) and they don't have any stock rocket artillery. the lack of rocket artillery isn't a core issue but functional indirect (both the pack and the m8 are mostly high angle direct with their auto attack) is an issue. if they had solid barrages i think they would be fine.
4 Dec 2015, 07:25 AM

Permanently Banned
If major artillery and sexton got buffs, I don't think it would be so bad.
4 Dec 2015, 08:23 AM

+1. Then you could actually think "Axis go for arty, well I'll counter that by major/sexton. Preferably the sexton.
4 Dec 2015, 08:55 AM

+1
4 Dec 2015, 09:44 AM

I don't agree with that, short range 100+ munition shell-by-shell barrages can't serve as a replacement for medium range free multiple-rocket barrages.

Maybe if there was a free version that was more like a weaker Time On Target without flares but with exaggerated fire echo, it could serve the same role.
4 Dec 2015, 12:16 PM

USF has indirect fire but they have poor range on that indirect fire (the barrages of both the pack and the m8 are shit) and they don't have any stock rocket artillery. the lack of rocket artillery isn't a core issue but functional indirect (both the pack and the m8 are mostly high angle direct with their auto attack) is an issue. if they had solid barrages i think they would be fine.

Not really. The m8 barrage range is 80, but the pack Hwiz barrage range is very long,guess what? It's 120m.

Also the m8 have much lower angle.It is a wipe machine which can have 30+ kills when being used properly.Surely they have poor range but they can auto fire while the rocket artillery has a long cooldown of barrage. IMO the USF is fine when they now can use calliope.
4 Dec 2015, 12:51 PM
Patrion 28

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Dec 2015, 12:16 PMatouba

Not really. The m8 barrage range is 80, but the pack Hwiz barrage range is very long,guess what? It's 120m.

Also the m8 have much lower angle.It is a wipe machine which can have 30+ kills when being used properly.Surely they have poor range but they can auto fire while the rocket artillery has a long cooldown of barrage. IMO the USF is fine when they now can use calliope.

what i mean is that the barrage is bad and that leaves the auto fire which has short range for artillery.

both the pack howitzer and m8 are very effective in direct fire but neither are very effective as artillery, which leaves USF with a lack of solid artillery. the lieg on the other hand is good in both direct fire and artillery roles so it's possible to do both.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★