Login

russian armor

No-Teching required M4C TrollRolfstomping

1 Dec 2015, 12:35 PM

I actually think the M4C is a pretty solid tank. I would compare it to the T34/85. This is just subjective but I don't think it is as potent against inf as the 85 even though it has an MG because it lacks the splash and also precision of the 85 (just from my little experience). It is definetly decent against armor of all kinds. It is obviously not able to 1v1 a Tiger or Panther but two of them are doing pretty good.

I do not think it is too good or broken or anything but it is a potent tank (which is nice). It can be problematic if you have a good grip on the game and only have to tech T2 to follow it up with callins as you will be able to get 2 or maybe even 3 of them out really fast by saving teching costs and using the supply drop.

OKW FlakHQ shoots down the supplyplanes reliable (actually pretty much every time in 1v1) so that that ability gets useless in most games against OKW. That alone is already a huge disadvantage for that commander in that match up. It is somewhat impossible to judge this game's situation by a screenshot but there are obviously no schrecks on the field. I wonder where the ammo went because 4 Volks with Schrecks are normally doing pretty good against medium tanks. Mines do too as suggested earlier. Finally as some people said already 5 Shermans is pretty insane. I can see you being confrontet with 3 of them as the commander allows you to get several of them fast but 5 opposed to a single JP4 is definetly not an even game anymore.
1 Dec 2015, 13:17 PM
Donator 22

I don't like that generalist medium tanks can be spammed without teching. I'd also like to see how people how say L2P nub to op would survivave that kind of spam.

M4C is not good against inf but it has decent penetration and good rof. It kills other mediums faster than e8 or t34/85 would.
1 Dec 2015, 13:37 PM

my opinion is that anyone that wants to talk about balance should let us see his playcard.

Cant stand players rated top 2000 talking about BALANCE.

COMMON NOW PEOPLE!
1 Dec 2015, 13:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Dec 2015, 10:25 AMEsxile

Did he pick his doctrine before or after you?
4 rakens + 1 jpz4 and you can't keep his Shermans at bay?
Did you Mine?
Post the replay instead of a screenshot so we can figure out the reality.

It are 2 rakettens with 2 leigs. The point he makes is valid, but we can't argue about his strategies or whatever, since he didn't post a replay, but we can ask questions.

Apart from that, 5 m4c Shermans wil rape any jp4 supported by raketten werfers, since you can support them by either maxim spam with snipers or conscript horde, the latter being my favorite supporting blob of doom for the sherman horde.

Now back to those questions. Did he place enough mines, where is the triple shreck support? These are questions I like to ask.
1 Dec 2015, 13:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Dec 2015, 13:17 PMassbag
I don't like that generalist medium tanks can be spammed without teching. I'd also like to see how people how say L2P nub to op would survivave that kind of spam.

M4C is not good against inf but it has decent penetration and good rof. It kills other mediums faster than e8 or t34/85 would.

True. Like I said above: The problem that I can see is the effect that we had with the E8 as call ins. The tanks are most likely fine but if you don't have to tech and build them, you will suddenly be confronted with 2 or 3 of them which just gives the soviet player a huge power spike and a potential to simply overun your oponent.
1 Dec 2015, 13:49 PM

Ask strategists for help man :)
This is unfortunately a L2P issue. 5 M4C's on the field means you clearly did something wrong.. :)

I disagree with you on this point. I've had top 100 games against someone that used the same M4C cheese against me, while I had normal fuel income and munition income and 50% mapcontrol I still had to face too many M4C's. Only thing that I want to change to it is to make it T4 structure bounded like all other allied call ins.

1 Dec 2015, 13:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Dec 2015, 13:17 PMassbag

+ 1
You got the Medhood sticker of Approval
1 Dec 2015, 13:51 PM

Cant stand players rated top 2000 talking about BALANCE.

COMMON NOW PEOPLE!
You are top 1000 (WTF) player, not pro rank u know
1 Dec 2015, 13:53 PM

He has many games played and is over 500 with some of his ranks so I'd say he has a decent understanding of CoH2 compared to someone with only 1000+ ranks
1 Dec 2015, 13:58 PM

Problem:
- No teching required

Something I do not understand. No teching means that all sov have is conscripts and some HMG until 10 CP come. Com.panther come at 10 CP.
If you are playing Germans and can not handle con-sapm/machineguns you don't need make suggestions about the balance on the forum. You need to learn to play.
Hell, con-sapm and maxim-spam is most common Soviet tactics in 1x1. I do not understand what's being discussed at all.
1 Dec 2015, 14:15 PM

M4C Sherman's strength over other mediums is one of the fastest RoF for a tank(I believe this is the case, although new Cromwell might surpass it). If there was one tank in the whole game that thematically fit a call-in tank it would be the Lend Leased Sherman. Maybe drop it back a CP, but otherwise yeah, when you see a Dshk or planes flying over your base and not dropping bombs or circling for sight then you know what commander he went.
The only way to really survive that many is to give your AT enough time, so mines on your flanks or where you think he will some is your best option.
1 Dec 2015, 14:43 PM

Agree with ASSBAG,clearly the only one who knows what he is talking about.

Maybe OP did something wrong in this game but the M4C Shermans spam is a real problem. Basically you spam mines go T2 and wait for a few shermans while constantly trying to annoy and harrass.

Obviously this works better on some maps than others, nevertheless a higher CP requirement or bound to a T4 structure would help a lot.

ROF is insane on the M4C,it fires like every two or 3 seconds.
1 Dec 2015, 14:54 PM

VP situation, soviet player's fuel advantage as well as zero vet on Raketens and JgPz.IV makes me think that OKW player was outplayed on all stages of game. It is hard to guess based on a single screenshot though.
1 Dec 2015, 15:00 PM

I am no PRO, just a pure FAN of the series.

STILL CANT SEE YOUR PLAYCARD SENIOR GENERAL OF BALANCE!!!!!!
1 Dec 2015, 15:03 PM

VP situation, soviet player's fuel advantage as well as zero vet on Raketens and JgPz.IV makes me think that OKW player was outplayed on all stages of game. It is hard to guess based on a single screenshot though.

Pretty much this.

PS
I dont see any tech structure form SU player which means there weren't any AT Guns, Maxims or Mortars. Just Cons + maybe dshka.

I can also guess that you ve lost at least 1 Volks squad since I see only 2 squads and they dont have schrecks.
1 Dec 2015, 15:21 PM

Pretty much this.

PS
I dont see any tech structure form SU player which means there weren't any AT Guns, Maxims or Mortars. Just Cons + maybe dshka.

I can also guess that you ve lost at least 1 Volks squad since I see only 2 squads and they dont have schrecks.

DShKa was stolen by OKW player.
1 Dec 2015, 15:25 PM

DShKa was stolen by OKW player.

Oh yea, didnt notice.

So 6 Cons + Dshk and nothing else until 10CPs. And even then, no vet on raketens nor JPIV.
1 Dec 2015, 15:31 PM

I disagree with you on this point. I've had top 100 games against someone that used the same M4C cheese against me, while I had normal fuel income and munition income and 50% mapcontrol I still had to face too many M4C's. Only thing that I want to change to it is to make it T4 structure bounded like all other allied call ins.

Well I can't really +1 on this as I have never faced too many M4C's. But I'm not really playing so much lately :).
1 Dec 2015, 15:37 PM

Well I can't really +1 on this as I have never faced too many M4C's. But I'm not really playing so much lately :).

If you come later today on TS (around 10 o'clock) we can do some custom games and I'll show you the amount of troll this doctrine can give
1 Dec 2015, 18:02 PM

@Australian Magic T2 is build in south corner of SOV base(nearly on road)

M4C is solid medium tank and I agree that abilities work nice togather but they are not so shining extraordinary.

This M4C spam can be deadly but only if SOV player is able to outplay you in early/early-mid game

To screenshot:

- 451 VPs agains 55 show low to no map control over the game
- no reason spend MP for 2 Leigs when horde of cons runing around while trying bake you with molotovs
- Flak HQ deny fuel income from trade ability, where is your FLak HQ?
- Flak HQ penetrate M4C and cons and deny part of map, where is your FLak HQ?

Sorry man you loose in early game to con spam otherwise you will be able to dig in around VPs & fuel and wait for heavy armor. Also no VET on shermans show he was massing them before rush so he dont use them alot.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 33
unknown 1
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak