Login

russian armor

Tactical Support Completly Broken

Only Relic postRelic 30 Nov 2015, 18:50 PM
Developer Relic Badge

I've passed this issue to the Balance Team, Thanks
30 Nov 2015, 18:57 PM

Tested. If tank is moving at full speed it cannot realibly hit him. It also damage (engine main gun) of your tanks so if you srew it up you can be punished for it as well as enemy.

That ability simple see tank , fire sheel , tank move and shell land on free land 1 second after it fired
1 Dec 2015, 04:15 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Nov 2015, 03:01 AMAladdin
with only 17 games (#10)?!! that aint mean anything

yea because taking down the #3, #5, $6 teams multiple times, means nothing
1 Dec 2015, 04:56 AM

Woohoo let's just nerf the Brits further!

GG WP Relic and Whine Co.
1 Dec 2015, 05:01 AM

yea because taking down the #3, #5, $6 teams multiple times, means nothing

lmao, cause I've been on either #5 or 6 for the last month and I don't remember u beating me ever!! and btw show me the replay of that plz? and if u are not lying, I promise here to everyone that I won't play coh2 ever in my life again
1 Dec 2015, 05:35 AM

It's an ability that is a click and forget, that has no counter play. Destroying engines of full health tanks.
1 Dec 2015, 07:16 AM

This thing is closer to "press the button to win" than anything in this game.
1 Dec 2015, 22:58 PM
Donator 11

lmao, cause I've been on either #5 or 6 for the last month and I don't remember u beating me ever!! and btw show me the replay of that plz? and if u are not lying, I promise here to everyone that I won't play coh2 ever in my life again
want to schedule a 4v4 tonight? It would be fun to do a 4v4
1 Dec 2015, 22:59 PM
Donator 11

It's an ability that is a click and forget, that has no counter play. Destroying engines of full health tanks.
exactly and it just needs fixed so its not 100% accurate imo its an area denial tool that is too strong
1 Dec 2015, 23:38 PM

1. It has smoke and shows a circle in the minimap.
2. The previously OP crew stun has been replaced by turret lock crit (same as by the sniper).
3. Vehicles get time to move out; the problem is that the area is quite large. Only after multiple howitzer shells have hit do tanks start getting engine crit.
4. This offmap is not click-to-win. On the contrary; you need full line of sight or the ability does absolutely nothing. The howitzer fires at a moderate rate of fire and usually is not enough to finish healthy tanks. You need to make a push to take full advantage of it.
5. Panthers and other tanks have plenty of time to move out, but in a heated game, that's easier said than done. But there is counterplay. In this case it's 250 muni for area denial same as by other arty such as scavenge and zeroing arty.
2 Dec 2015, 00:29 AM
Patrion 14

TC arty is fine. That is the only thing it has going for it besides the command vehicle. The rest of the abilities including the engineer scavengers are pretty weak because they can't be upgraded to heavy anvil engineers or anything.

2 Dec 2015, 21:44 PM

Also Arty cover mainly cripples the engine as opposed to taking tanks out. Put it in perspective with skill planes (P47, JU87) loiters which deal massive damage. How many times have you seen JU87 loiter strafes straight up take out USF tanks?
2 Dec 2015, 21:47 PM

TC arty is fine. That is the only thing it has going for it besides the command vehicle. The rest of the abilities including the engineer scavengers are pretty weak because they can't be upgraded to heavy anvil engineers or anything.

It's not a bad doctrine, but I wish they toned down the muni cost for the forward observation post. It's extremely expensive to use effectively.

The support drop for 150 muni is also pretty nice. You get ~600 manpower of support units + healing + all units on the map move a lot quicker for a decent duration. I found it nice for giving teammates (especially soviets) some extra oomph in the mid game.

The salvage engineers work great as repair drones and being able to supplement income with wrecks is very useful.

2 Dec 2015, 21:51 PM

I've passed this issue to the Balance Team, Thanks

http://www.coh2.org/topic/45596/brit-artillery-cover-random-crits

Crits like temporary stun, locked turret, main loader injured are fine, it's temporary and you can still get out of the circle, but It should NOT have crits like Destroyed Engine etc.
There is no counterplay to it, after you got engine crit, you can't even get out of the area anymore and keep getting blasted with artillery shells.

It's frustrating to have some brit player throw it down and then your panther/heavy whatever get Stunned/Engine Destroyed and can't react, but to see your tank get chopped up by AT guns and artillery.

It's a no brainer ability, you throw it down on OKW truck area and it completely negates counterplay.

Please fix it.
3 Dec 2015, 12:18 PM

This thing is closer to "press the button to win" than anything in this game.

I've used the ability many times myself, and this is my impression as well.

The delay between triggering the ability and seeing its effects might already be OK. What's not OK is that (I don't feel) there is sufficient indication for the other team to react (a red flare could mean so many things). An appropriate audio cue would help immensely (e.g. loud howlitzer shots).

Now, regarding the commander itself, the following abilities could use a bit of help:

Wreck recovery team:

My main gripe with this ability is that the salvage team sappers cannot build mines (anvil engineers would be good too, but I don't care as much), and the ability spawns 2 of them.
  • Either reduce the MP cost and spawn only 1 squad (reduced popcap for useless units), or
  • give full utility to the recovery teams (mines, anvil upgrade)

Forward observation point

The ability costs 300 MP and 60 FU and confers no bonuses. There should be a reason to use this ability proactively (i.e., long before you are about to burn your MU on the abilities).

A minor utility buff would really help. Consider one of the following:
  • Give Observation Points a free recon ability (copy-paste the one from the command vehicle)
  • Make Forward Assemblies eligible for conversion (thus you get to use it on a durable, and repairable building)

To compensate, relic could introduce a brief (10-15 second) cooldown on the building abilities, before these can be used.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★