Login

russian armor

Brace Structure

22 Nov 2015, 23:40 PM

Is this ability overperforming? Whilst activated a Bofors can withstand a direct hit from a Stuka dive bomb, two direct Stuka Zu Fuss hits, any off map artillery. It just doesn't make sense to me that 160 munis can be spent on a dive bomb and a comparitively cheap ability like Brace Structure counters it.

What are others thoughts on this?
22 Nov 2015, 23:42 PM

Is this ability overperforming? Whilst activated a Bofors can withstand a direct hit from a Stuka dive bomb, two direct Stuka Zu Fuss hits, any off map artillery. It just doesn't make sense to me that 160 munis can be spent on a dive bomb and a comparitively cheap ability like Brace Structure counters it.

Wouldn't it be cheap if people spend pop cap, manpower and fuel into a structure aaaaannnnndddd it's gone because some guy used a no skill 160 munitions off map ability which is uncounterable.

It goes both ways sport.
22 Nov 2015, 23:48 PM

That is exactly the very purpose of this ability.

Emplacements counter is sustained damage, not bursts.

Also, why do you think its fair that couple of hundred of menpower and few tens of fuel should be erased with single ability?

Hell gates broke loose when OKW trucks were destroyed by 300+ muni ability for comparison.
22 Nov 2015, 23:55 PM

Okay, a dive bomb is one example. But, can you suggest another one to counter the Bofors under brace structure? Railway Artillery doesn't kill it. Shooting at it with Jadgtiger or KT or SturmTiger doesn't kill it.

OH, OKW are spending hundreds of menpowers and fuels to counters the Boofors but my mens tenks and mens keep getting killwd.
23 Nov 2015, 00:07 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Nov 2015, 23:48 PMKatitof

That is exactly the very purpose of this ability.

Emplacements counter is sustained damage, not bursts.

Also, why do you think its fair that couple of hundred of menpower and few tens of fuel should be erased with single ability?

Hell gates broke loose when OKW trucks were destroyed by 300+ muni ability for comparison.

hehe, ill take the bait!
tier building= emplacements ololol
23 Nov 2015, 00:26 AM

Okay, a dive bomb is one example. But, can you suggest another one to counter the Bofors under brace structure? Railway Artillery doesn't kill it. Shooting at it with Jadgtiger or KT or SturmTiger doesn't kill it.

OH, OKW are spending hundreds of menpowers and fuels to counters the Boofors but my mens tenks and mens keep getting killwd.

Force it to brace, then rush in volks to throw an incendiary grenade. Or use a ostheer mortar ht and throw an incendiary round on it. Dead before you know it.
23 Nov 2015, 00:28 AM

Brace is pretty much a non-issue since the nerf.

It does what it does, it has a drawback now, and stand fast isn't bat shit like before.

Nothing wrong with it.
23 Nov 2015, 00:30 AM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

Working as intended (no sarcasm)
23 Nov 2015, 00:39 AM

Attack ground with paks coordination with artillery or mortar coordination with paks.
23 Nov 2015, 00:42 AM

Turns out using a bombing strike to kill a 40mm AA gun isn't the right call
23 Nov 2015, 00:59 AM

Brace is in a good spot, tho when it's braced and repairing, with a simore city going on on small 2v2 maps. GG unless you got MHT
23 Nov 2015, 01:13 AM

Brace is important because it gives brits a counterplay to arty (off map especially)

The easiest way to kill it is to make him use brace with a small probing attack and then attack it for real once its over. It doesn't have much health so it's pretty easy to pick off if you have the right tools.

23 Nov 2015, 01:39 AM

Cooldown on brace is so long now that it's a non-issue. Not to mention the fact that fire damage still owns emplacements hard.
23 Nov 2015, 06:50 AM

The brace has been nerfed already. Just attack the emplacements when the brace is over. But still GG no artillery/flame abilities especially when facing 17 pounder at late stage of games.
1 Dec 2015, 19:34 PM

now that brace has such a long cool down you can simply wait for it to come off cool down then hit it with mortars/ISG/werf/off map/etc....if the player tries to repair it with engineers he is highly likely to suffer a wipe in the process and it requires baby sitting to do the repairs. I know from painful experience. It is so bad that I no longer build even a mortar emplacement unless I decide to go Royal Engineers as they have a self repair ability you can call on for some munitions...otherwise emplacements are a huge MP sink (fuel too if you build Bofors or 17 lb).
1 Dec 2015, 20:30 PM

the entire UKF faction is being nerfed in 2 days

brace is fine
2 Dec 2015, 01:57 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Nov 2015, 00:42 AMArclyte
Turns out using a bombing strike to kill a 40mm AA gun isn't the right call

Wait what? Air units don't hard counter Anti Air Units?

No wonder the Battle of Britain was lost by the Germans!
2 Dec 2015, 07:09 AM

Attack structure with mortar. It braces. After 30 second call in stuka. 400MP mortar emplacement go down the drain. You just need timing and ability to force enemy to brace. I think it is OK if we cosider british only arty is mortar emplacement (and base howies, but they are hard to use, IS often get supressed befor they can trow red smoke)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★