Login

russian armor

Elite Troops Update

21 Nov 2015, 23:01 PM

With Elite Troops losing paid vet, and with several nerfs to Tiger Ace, this CDR needs to be looked at.

Played the Patch preview, was excited for the stormtroopers, but was disappointed in the new CDR. Now don't get confused, screw paid vet, but Stormtroopers don't sync well with this CDR. They should be mixed with CDR abilities with some form of artillery. They can't use G43's or Stun grenades.

Some Ideas:

Replace TA with regular Tiger, when the TA was released it needed to be at 18CP's and lose all resources. In it's current form, I'd rather have a regular Tiger at 12 CP's.

Add an Artillery ability, maybe similar to the OKW Elite doc, and have CDR's in turrets with Call in Artillery.

Keep the TA, and either lower the CP's or reduce resource penalties.

Discuss.....
21 Nov 2015, 23:05 PM

I think removing tiger ace all together and putting a normal vet 2 Tiger call-in in its place a better solution. This tiger would cost 280 fuel.

21 Nov 2015, 23:40 PM

No leave here my beloved ugly tigerpainted tiger.

He is great , you simply pay 800 MP for instant 2 allied tanks that disapear from game
21 Nov 2015, 23:49 PM

Imo removing the 'Troop Training' removes its identity, makes the commander(Elite Troops) useless.
You only picked this commander for this ability( after tiger ace nerfs, currently the ace is a deadweight. Not to mention 'normal' Tiger call-in is better).

Removing 'Troop Training' ability from the commander tree as it interferes with the general pacing of unit veterancy
Random excuse... easier to remove than fix.

I'm glad i didn't buy this commander.

...He is great , you simply pay 800 MP for instant 2 allied tanks that disapear from game

Vs noobs sure.

Michael Schumacher drives F1 cars good but can't design good F1 cars...
21 Nov 2015, 23:58 PM

I have five of Elite Troops doctrines. Never bought it. Warspoils OP.
21 Nov 2015, 23:58 PM

Was my favorite commander, now I did it useless, they didn't replace the TWP with anything, and with the storm troopers, they are not even alloyd that, they are just garbage
22 Nov 2015, 00:50 AM

Already said it in another thread. There is no reason to go for that doctrine any longer.

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Nov 2015, 20:58 PMButcher
Crew training was the only reason to go for the Elite troops commander. Not going to cripple my economy with the Tiger ace which is little more than a vet 3 Tiger. Stormtroopers are just pseudo PGs and not worth going doctrinal unless you want to skip T2 (which you shouldn´t).

22 Nov 2015, 02:15 AM

What if there was a paid, time-limited ability that increased the amount of veterancy all units received in combat for a time? Like 25% or something.

That way you could get vet faster still, but as well as requiring a fuel or ammo cost, you would be rewarded based on how well you fought during that time, which introduces a strong counter-play element. It would also scale better than the previous vet ability which only provided absolute XP, meaning it was good on infantry and much less so on tanks.

This would also mean that a normal tiger would be fine, because you could still get it to ace easier, justifying the commander.
22 Nov 2015, 02:20 AM

Storm troopers are more expensive panzer grens that are able to be spawned from a building. No thank you, I got to go tier 2 for AT guns anyways because the early light vehicle rushes every game
22 Nov 2015, 02:43 AM

I agree with what Diomedes said about identity & design.
22 Nov 2015, 03:19 AM

guys mind if i ask. what's the different between TA n Normal 1?..

plus how is it an advantage when after TA out u get less MP n Fuel?..

cause the reason i stop using elite troop is because im lack of MP to reinforce my unit after TA is out.

and if its the same as normal Tiger i would like it to change it to Normal Tiger, with no Resource penalty cause for its a disadvantage not an advantage to have TA

just could use some of Pro Thought.
22 Nov 2015, 03:42 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

guys mind if i ask. what's the different between TA n Normal 1?..

plus how is it an advantage when after TA out u get less MP n Fuel?..

cause the reason i stop using elite troop is because im lack of MP to reinforce my unit after TA is out.

and if its the same as normal Tiger i would like it to change it to Normal Tiger, with no Resource penalty cause for its a disadvantage not an advantage to have TA

just could use some of Pro Thought.

Because it takes it'll take an 40+ minute game to get a Tiger I to vet 3 without your enemy screwing up horribly to kill themselves on one constantly.

Otherwise, the Tiger Ace has the benefit of 15 more sight (and thus the ability to spot for itself) and a more powerful coaxial MG without the ability to upgrade a pintle 42.
22 Nov 2015, 04:47 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Nov 2015, 03:42 AMVuther

Because it takes it'll take an 40+ minute game to get a Tiger I to vet 3 without your enemy screwing up horribly to kill themselves on one constantly.

Otherwise, the Tiger Ace has the benefit of 15 more sight (and thus the ability to spot for itself) and a more powerful coaxial MG without the ability to upgrade a pintle 42.

alright tnx, ^_^ , they dint called it Ace for no reason ya?,

tnx a bunch man

owh btw any tips when to Release the Kraken?..cause i think timing is everything right?. cause u secrifice MP to reinforce ur Unit to help support the Ace
22 Nov 2015, 05:29 AM

Allow them to equip G43 and use stuns and Storms will be good to go.
22 Nov 2015, 07:08 AM

paid vet, added a depth by a strategic decision of getting an elite army or more units.

thx relic for reducing more strategic depth.
22 Nov 2015, 07:40 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

alright tnx, ^_^ , they dint called it Ace for no reason ya?,

tnx a bunch man

owh btw any tips when to Release the Kraken?..cause i think timing is everything right?. cause u secrifice MP to reinforce ur Unit to help support the Ace

I'd say the way the commander description says to pretty much works - use it at the tipping point of a fairly equal match to grant your side the power spike of a vet 3 Tiger to gain the edge. Unless you're clearly losing when you've gotten to that point of time, a good time will probably be when your pop cap is only going to have enough left for the Tiger Ace as hopefully then your adversary won't have the resources to hope to quickly match up to your TA's appearance, giving your forces more free reign. Having some manpower float isn't unlikely at a point like that either (in an even match with both sides playing well, I generally find I have to await the TA's CP amount instead of its resource cost), which will be a good buffer to counteract the penalty.

I'd also say to definitely have 2 Pios by then, because you are naturally going to be fairly dependent on the TA throwing its weight around as much as possible. 1 Pio repairing it is going to lead to expectably severe MP bleed issues. And you probably already knew this but of course, keep the TA supported - every bit of AT fire your enemy does to it while your troops aren't in range to hit back at the same time is more moments of your troops fighting without it and MP down the drain.

Also I just realized you asked for pro thoughts before, at which I then apologize for answering since I'm clearly not who you had in mind.
22 Nov 2015, 08:08 AM

Imo removing the 'Troop Training' removes its identity, makes the commander(Elite Troops) useless.

I agree.

I thought it was pretty well balanced, to be honest. Cost enough that if you spammed it you'd find yourself a pretty large disadvantage.

I think the easy way to tweak it would be to rework it into a later game ability (Like 8 cp): used to provide veterancy to freshly built squads. So if the german loses squads in the early-mid game, they could replace them with vet. This wouldn't fuck with veterancy pacing, would maintain the flavour of the doctrine and provide a useful tool to pushing squads over the threshold into higher veterancy or bringing fresh squads up to snuff.

22 Nov 2015, 08:19 AM

Everybody and their dog know that twp on vet3 tiger that cost no fuel was broken.

Also why would you use elite troops training in light tank rush meta when this train cost you 20 fuel and delays your pak even furthrer.
22 Nov 2015, 08:48 AM
Donator 11

I like to see more of stormtroopers and I think that paid vet is unfair, so I like this change. But they could change the tiger ace to cost the same as a regular tiger and lower the command point requirement for that call in, and remove the ugly painting, but let it keep vet 3.
22 Nov 2015, 08:56 AM

I personally never had problem with troop training, since you do need to spend resources to use.

The only problem I ever had with the doctrine was really the Tiger Ace.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★