Login

russian armor

OKW Balance preview v2

20 Nov 2015, 18:21 PM

Hey Folks,

i played some games of the preview v2 and what i noticed immediately was through the cost increase of volks OKW is not able to produce a Core-Inf unit at the beginning like every other faction, so you have to wait some secounds.

I think that there is a Starting MP increase needed, so that even OKW is able to start the unit produktion right from the beginning.

The secound thing what i noticed was that through the new Tech cost makes to set up t1 (medic HQ t1 because you haven't teched before) a 600 MP investment. Tech 100 mp, set up 200 and retread 300.
In my opinion is there an adjustment needed, as an OKW player you have now invest an enormous amount of MP to tech, in line with new Folks cost you feel like pre patch Brits (just a bit) :D

So to get numbers on paper u have to invest 900 mp to tech and set up 3 HQ's and that feels a way to much, all what you do as an OKW player is now spending MP into your Trucks.

No other faction has to spend such an amout of MP into their buildings, not even USF where you get Units with teching.

To come to an end here let me say that with the previous changes, to OKW and to the other faktions, has much to be adjusted. Like some slide things here and there, i could go in detail now with brits and other stuff but i don't want to create here an wall of text. ;)

EDIT:

basically every Faction has 560mp including their start Unit.

Soviets 390mp+pio170 560
USF 400mp+pio160 560 +40 for new echelon change
UKF 280mp+IS280 560
Ost 420mp+pio200 620
OKW 240mp+pio320 560 but now pio cost has reduced to 300 so you have only 540+10 for volks cost increas that makes 550 over all.

So if you give this mp back to starting ressources (260) you can build your folk right from the beginning and it will be qual again to the other! :thumb:

20 Nov 2015, 18:24 PM

why is forward retreat point mandatory? i think the best start is with the kubel since u want to get to capping as fast as possible.
20 Nov 2015, 18:29 PM

why is forward retreat point mandatory? i think the best start is with the kubel since u want to get to capping as fast as possible.

It isn't was just taking it for example! Without it you still have to spend 300 Mp in every HQ whats still coming to an amount of 900, that's what i wanted to point you not the FHQ retreat. :o

PS: so im kind of forced to a Kubel start? i don't think thats in mind fo relic.
20 Nov 2015, 18:31 PM

Kubel can cap, so I don't see your problem.

All armies have same starting mp of 500 minus starting unit value, so you disadvantage here.
20 Nov 2015, 18:35 PM

It isn't was just taking it for example! Without it you still have to spend 300 Mp in every HQ whats still coming to an amount of 900, that's what i wanted to point you not the FHQ retreat. :o

PS: so im kind of forced to a Kubel start? i don't think thats in mind fo relic.

youre not forced into a kubel start. ive tried both, and personally i like the kubel start because i can be a bit more aggressive in the early game and i think its preferrable to get it first IF youre gonna get the kubel at all since you want to cap ASAP. you can still start volks and imo its more of a 'stable' build since volks will last until the late game (most of the time) where as a kubel can die in the midgame.
20 Nov 2015, 18:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Nov 2015, 18:31 PMKatitof
Kubel can cap, so I don't see your problem.

All armies have same starting mp of 500 minus starting unit value, so you disadvantage here.

i just don't want to be forced in a Kubel start, that would be boring. I would more like 2 folks into kubel to bring massiv firepower early on into the battlefield. May your advisement would be "build 2nd folk after Kubel" but i want to go in with inf in the early game as hard as possiable. :foreveralone:
20 Nov 2015, 18:37 PM

youre not forced into a kubel start. ive tried both, and personally i like the kubel start because i can be a bit more aggressive in the early game and i think its preferrable to get it first IF youre gonna get the kubel at all since you want to cap ASAP. you can still start volks and imo its more of a 'stable' build since volks will last until the late game (most of the time) where as a kubel can die in the midgame.

Thats right, i just wanted to say that i like to do other things ^_^
20 Nov 2015, 18:45 PM

i just don't want to be forced in a Kubel start, that would be boring. I would more like 2 folks into kubel to bring massiv firepower early on into the battlefield. May your advisement would be "build 2nd folk after Kubel" but i want to go in with inf in the early game as hard as possiable. :foreveralone:
How disappointing that usf has only rifle start and players forced to do it.....
20 Nov 2015, 19:26 PM

How disappointing that usf has only rifle start and players forced to do it.....

You can also build an Echelon, there are different strats, maybe with an early ambulance if you want to push in and soft retreat.

And with the new dmg buff from 8 to 10 you have 25% more dmg you can bring in, i like combinations of them. :)

Also if you going for Rifle Company there is a nice Build with 3 of em and you get more repairing power and can also make more use of "cover bulding" or deny areas from your enemy.

But yes as USF you can build rifleman only *sarcasm off* :megusta:
20 Nov 2015, 21:24 PM

You can also build an Echelon, there are different strats, maybe with an early ambulance if you want to push in and soft retreat.

And with the new dmg buff from 8 to 10 you have 25% more dmg you can bring in, i like combinations of them. :)

Also if you going for Rifle Company there is a nice Build with 3 of em and you get more repairing power and can also make more use of "cover bulding" or deny areas from your enemy.

OKW can choose from 3 combat units (each of them with unique abilites) and 1 supporting unit (Raketen). USF starts with 2 combat units which are basically a worse and a better version for the same task.

Btw, just because Sturmpios get a cost reduction doesn't mean they perform worse (that's pretty much your logic behind your manpower problem)
20 Nov 2015, 21:27 PM

You can also build Sturmpios. They have become cheaper after all.

Btw, just because Sturmpios get a cost reduction doesn't mean they perform worse (that's pretty much your logic behind your manpower problem)

the logic is that sturm pios get finally adjusted and folk for their better preformance an cost increase so over all you have an mp leak as OKW like you see in my edit.
20 Nov 2015, 22:33 PM

Starting Manpower hasn't been adjusted for OKW & USF with the new Changes. USF should have now 40 mp less, while OKW should have 20 MP more. However they remained unchanged.
20 Nov 2015, 22:37 PM

Starting Manpower hasn't been adjusted for OKW & USF with the new Changes. USF should have now 40 mp less, while OKW should have 20 MP more. However they remained unchanged.

Don't see the problem with unchanged starting manpower.
20 Nov 2015, 23:02 PM

Don't see the problem with unchanged starting manpower.

Starting manpower is the same for every faction, except for Ostheer, they have a bonus. It's not a balance issue etc., just rather a bug.
21 Nov 2015, 18:31 PM

>Echelon
PHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
21 Nov 2015, 18:43 PM

I just hope they change their mind about giving the Volksgrenadier both grenades and Rear Echelon are just a crappier version of Riflemen with grenades abilities gone and field defenses/volley fire put in its place
Some players can use them to great effect but most the time its more viable to just go 3 rifles maybe 3 rifles + 1 rear echelon (since they got 25% more dps) so you get 5 squads for more map control
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★