Login

russian armor

Introduce caches in OKW

20 Nov 2015, 17:36 PM
Donator 33

Give OKW caches that don't increase ressource income. All they do is securing points :foreveralone:
20 Nov 2015, 17:41 PM
Donator 11

I wouldnt mind giving them caches if they adjusted their tech cost to bring them more in line with other factions
20 Nov 2015, 19:07 PM

Sure, the moment you have to pay for the Lieutenant, Captain, Major.

Also cheaper teching is relative

Costs for the first P4 280 Fuel
Costs for the first Sherman 265 Fuel (270 if you buy the mandatory ambulance)

Costs for the first Stuart 115 Fuel
Costs for the first Luchs 120 Fuel

It's practically mirrored.

Performance however isn't mirrored.

You got allied shock vehicle backed up by okay AT and great infantry versus great infantry with strong AT and now a shock vehicle.
20 Nov 2015, 19:56 PM

Voted no. They are supposed to be a fuel starved, late-war faction that was so desparate for fuel that in real life Germany was using a woefully inefficient chem process to convert coal into fuel for their war machine. Being able to convert MP into fuel just doesn't make sense with the theme. Salvage makes some sense at least.
20 Nov 2015, 21:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Nov 2015, 16:59 PMArclyte
Sooooo, about that OKW manpower float...

No its unexistend becuase you get 50 % more fuel than before (66% before , 100% now , 66+33=100 and 33 is 1/2 of 66 , just a bit of match) so you will have 50 % more tanks (panther + luchs , now panther + luchs + p4) and this will decrease your mp float because you can build more vehicles
20 Nov 2015, 21:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Nov 2015, 09:26 AMKatitof
I have a better idea.

Now, that OKW have no penalties and STILL cheapest teching in game(cheaper then USF with considerably more powerful units in the tiers, especially schwerer HQ) with most benefits, why not put additional benefits of trucks(medics, rep crews, ZE GUN) as side upgrades?
yea agree I said also on one of their forums already i hope they will do that
20 Nov 2015, 21:53 PM

Sure, the moment you have to pay for the Lieutenant, Captain, Major.

Also cheaper teching is relative (edited the numbers, thx elchino)

Costs for the first P4 295 Fuel
Costs for the first Sherman 275 Fuel.

Costs for the first Stuart 115 Fuel
Costs for the first Luchs 120 Fuel

It's practically mirrored.

At topic:

I personally don't care, salvage somehow gives you still a unique flavour, so I prefer it. Can't have salvage and caches imo.

Fuel cost looks the same , but

Luchs is better ai then stuart - because luchs is only AI tank while stuart try to be something between luchs and puma.

Usa get captain with double zooks at that time

And 3 bars on 3 rifles + 4th rifle.

Okw will have at this time 2 shrecks on 2 volks and 2 sturmpio + 1 volk - because of longer early game due no other ability that spam infantry until 55 fuel (mechanized , you dont want to get medics if you can get luchs 10 fuel later)

So it will be something like tis most of times.

As you can see USA can defeat OKW at this point so i think it is fine (bars defeat shrecks and stuar + captain defeat luchs) while also okw can defeat USA (shrecks kill stuart and luchs will wipe rifles) so i think here it is more abouut tactical depth and baiting into finishing trap whitch i think is completley fine , game should be also about tactics.

Here it is not perfect balance but if you outplay your oponenent you can rather easily win.

Late game

Rifles will get vet 3 and doube bars so they will easily defeat okw infantry,
volks will get shrecks and will easily defeat any armor and p4 will defeat sherman while sherman is better agains infantry.

Here it will be once again about outplaying your oponenet with clever ifantry and tank usage.

As you can see it it loos fine on paper and okw can be balanced agains USA , but i cant say more right now becuase of some cheese strats that can happen (EG kubel decaping with breaktrought , or usa crushing okw with m20). I think it can be balanced even by costs and field presence but it will need a lot testing not only theorycrafting , so please people stop creating panic and stupid threads until it goes live , you get matched agains similar oponent and meta will stabilise.

ROME WAS NOT BUILD IN 1 DAY

And

20 Nov 2015, 23:38 PM

-snip-

I'm not sure I've calculated it correctly, but I'm concluding that the luchs is arriving at least 1 minute earlier than the stuart if US i upgrading weapon racks. That's excluding US nades upgrade.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, I was just bored and did some quick calculations.
20 Nov 2015, 23:44 PM

As you can see it it loos fine on paper and okw can be balanced agains USA , but i cant say more right now becuase of some cheese strats that can happen (EG kubel decaping with breaktrought , or usa crushing okw with m20). I think it can be balanced even by costs and field presence but it will need a lot testing not only theorycrafting , so please people stop creating panic and stupid threads until it goes live , you get matched agains similar oponent and meta will stabilise.

I also think the match up is the most balanced at the moment. By the way, breakthrough tactics doesn't affect the Kübel because its a vehicle and the ability only applies to infantry. I tested it
21 Nov 2015, 01:14 AM

Luchs is better ai then stuart - because luchs is only AI tank while stuart try to be something between luchs and puma.

Okw will have at this time 2 shrecks on 2 volks and 2 sturmpio + 1 volk - because of longer early game due no other ability that spam infantry until 55 fuel (mechanized , you dont want to get medics if you can get luchs 10 fuel later)

As you can see USA can defeat OKW at this point so i think it is fine (bars defeat shrecks and stuar + captain defeat luchs) while also okw can defeat USA (shrecks kill stuart and luchs will wipe rifles) so i think here it is more abouut tactical depth and baiting into finishing trap whitch i think is completley fine , game should be also about tactics.

Here it is not perfect balance but if you outplay your oponenent you can rather easily win.

Late game

Rifles will get vet 3 and doube bars so they will easily defeat okw infantry,
volks will get shrecks and will easily defeat any armor and p4 will defeat sherman while sherman is better agains infantry.

Here it will be once again about outplaying your oponenet with clever ifantry and tank usage.

ROME WAS NOT BUILD IN 1 DAY

And

Best reply in this thread so far imo:thumb:
21 Nov 2015, 01:15 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Nov 2015, 09:19 AMcapiqua
I think it is important to introduce caches in okw to lower your flow MP

Sod off, gimp troll
21 Nov 2015, 01:17 AM

they already should have added this before removing the ressource-penalty, now when they removed the penalty, they will still differ from other factions in not being able to build caches too, im sure. good idea maybe with that removal, but not euqal to all other factions.FACT!
21 Nov 2015, 09:36 AM

I also think the match up is the most balanced at the moment. By the way, breakthrough tactics doesn't affect the Kübel because its a vehicle and the ability only applies to infantry. I tested it

Thx archer , i really feared that they will implement it on kubel too :luvCarrot:
21 Nov 2015, 09:38 AM

I'm not sure I've calculated it correctly, but I'm concluding that the luchs is arriving at least 1 minute earlier than the stuart if US i upgrading weapon racks. That's excluding US nades upgrade.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, I was just bored and did some quick calculations.

OKW.
0fuel
swt - 15 fuel
mechanized 40 fuel
lcuhs 65 fuel
to sum up - 120 fuel

USA
15 fuel starting
captain 60 fuel
stuart 70 fuel
60+70-15 = 115 fuel

So its almost the same if both players go and rush shock unit

Also you will tech bars after sutart because you dont want to get overun. And you can hold them at bay for one minute util you get resources and tech bars. Also OKw will have no healing so USA can win infantry fights rather easily . This will encourange panzer luchs rushes for ambulance and to this will need USA to preapre i think
21 Nov 2015, 10:19 AM

OKW.
0fuel
swt - 15 fuel
mechanized 40 fuel
lcuhs 65 fuel
to sum up - 120 fuel

USA
15 fuel starting
captain 60 fuel
stuart 70 fuel
60+70-15 = 115 fuel

So its almost the same if both players go and rush shock unit

Also you will tech bars after sutart because you dont want to get overun. And you can hold them at bay for one minute util you get resources and tech bars. Also OKw will have no healing so USA can win infantry fights rather easily . This will encourange panzer luchs rushes for ambulance and to this will need USA to preapre i think

Ah yes, forgot about starting fuel :)
21 Nov 2015, 12:35 PM

the weapon rack upgrade cost 150 mp and 15 fuel. Getting the weapon rack will inevitably delay his stuart. The USF wouldn't have access to grenade or healing either.

By comparison the okw are sure to have grenades and grenade and will be a generally superior position if both went for Light tank. In addition, if the stuart does manage to come out first, the OKW also have the option to go for a puma instead.
21 Nov 2015, 12:49 PM

the weapon rack upgrade cost 150 mp and 15 fuel. If we are assuming the USF went for weapon rack as well, he will likely get the stuart a bit later than the luchs.

Clever USA player wont.

He will gt stuar fisrt and after is stuar build he will tech bars because luchs can ruin USA day.

Also it reall depend on early game too (how they fight infantry combat , if there is kubel harrasing etc. etc.)

This is just pure match if both players will have 50 % of map
21 Nov 2015, 13:40 PM

Clever USA player wont.

He will gt stuar fisrt and after is stuar build he will tech bars because luchs can ruin USA day.

Also it reall depend on early game too (how they fight infantry combat , if there is kubel harrasing etc. etc.)

This is just pure match if both players will have 50 % of map

ultimately, this is about light tank rush. Rushing for that quick light tank have become such a dominate part of the meta we are arguing over minor difference in between the USF and OKW tech.

The preview okw is already so similar to the USF teching, that the only way this is going to be more balance is if the two are mirrored.
21 Nov 2015, 13:58 PM

the weapon rack upgrade cost 150 mp and 15 fuel. Getting the weapon rack will inevitably delay his stuart. The USF wouldn't have access to grenade or healing either.

By comparison the okw are sure to have grenades and grenade and will be a generally superior position if both went for Light tank. In addition, if the stuart does manage to come out first, the OKW also have the option to go for a puma instead. - from firesparks

You are arguing about it
And when you realised you cannot win this fight you are telling me : ok its so obvious of course i have true as well as you Hector.

Next time please post something after you realise what are you posting.
Hat
21 Nov 2015, 20:07 PM

add back in resource distribution instead. The ability should decrease your manpower in addition to the usual fuel/munition.

This would be perfect.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS