Login

russian armor

Balance Preview Patchnotes

PAGES (58)down
28 Nov 2015, 11:51 AM

1. Sure, but as OST/OKW you have access to better and bigger units aka Panther, KT. As USF or SU you don't.

2. Free squad does not matter that much cause you have to lay250/15 for ambu, which is more or less proce of 1 squad. Superglue, again, access to shit armor. Still, I have use it maybe 5times and I was shouting at 1sec repair after Sherman hit my mine maybe 7times? On the other hand, I see smoke and bltiz every single game :P

3. Why would you give Rangers 2-4 BARs for XXX ammo if you can give them Thompsons? :P Same for Pars. As for Pathfinders, they are so so niche.

4. Double LMG/BARs are great piniatas to pick dropped weapons :P

1. bigger doesnt equate better. you and the rest of the allied fanboys have been asking for the pershing since the launch of the wfa. did it suddenly change the late game of the usf? no it didnt.

2. yeah and med bunkers and med truck is free it seems.

3. because you have no idea how good rangers are without their smg's and dont use their full potential? they can be excellent mid/long range squads if you upgrade them with bars.

4. sucky players indeed have this problem.
28 Nov 2015, 12:06 PM
Honorary Member Badge

1. Sure, but as OST/OKW you have access to better and bigger units aka Panther, KT. As USF or SU you don't.

Incorrect comparison- for cost, USF armor is exactly as good as it should be armor / health wise, which is my point. USF doesn't suffer for lack of higher-tiered vehicles in the least (possibly in 3v3 and higher, but I never encountered problems even there while playing USF without EZ8 or Pershing).

2. Free squad does not matter that much cause you have to lay250/15 for ambu, which is more or less proce of 1 squad.

Terrible comparison, since ambulance is infinitely more flexible than every other faction's healing (Base medics, medic bunkers, healing tommies, battlegroup HQ). It's also a bad comparison because you still bypass the ambulance until after LT / CPT and the light vehicle, which gives the early game strength that USF has in terms of MP spent on combat units.

Superglue, again, access to shit armor. Still, I have use it maybe 5times and I was shouting at 1sec repair after Sherman hit my mine maybe 7times? On the other hand, I see smoke and bltiz every single game :P

Seriously? The self-repair of USF tanks is the single best ability to augment the overall combat potential of vehicles in the game. I can't believe any logical player of any mode in COH2 will deny the immense strength of self repair.

Source: Play the game, or watch replays of any single tournament game where USF is involved. See the turnaround time for USF armor after getting snared or heavily damaged. Play any other other faction and see how much MP in repair units just to keep vehicles operational lategame, and the required coordination with engineer units / repair stations... and see that USF vehicle play is totally devoid of this requirement.

3. Why would you give Rangers 2-4 BARs for XXX ammo if you can give them Thompsons? :P Same for Pars. As for Pathfinders, they are so so niche.

You ask for flexibility, the potential is there. Obviously some choices are more potent than others, and it would be detrimental to equip any unit with any mix of equipment. But it's downright stupid to be given the option, then complain when every single unit isn't as optimal as double BAR rifles. Which leads on to...

4. Double LMG/BARs are great piniatas to pick dropped weapons :P

I hope you're being sarcastic, because this is a very stupid complaint. Seizing on the tiniest little flaw to nitpick, when it's clear to anyone who has ever played the game that the capability to double equip M1919 / BAR is extremely useful and keeps rifles relevant way better than any other baseline inf squad AND advanced inf like pzgrens... :facepalm:
28 Nov 2015, 12:37 PM
Donator 33

Stormtroopers should be able to use stun grenades and/or the G43 package.
28 Nov 2015, 12:39 PM

1. You completly missed the point. USF were designed as highly mobile and flexible army but without heavy units. Can Sherman be very useful and powerful? Sure but it's a matter of skills. For example, it's easier to use Panther than Jackson. And since they were designed without anything heavy, any damage sponge, they have features other factions do not.

2. Keep in mind, USF have to pay huge amoount of fuel (and some MP) for nades which slows down Cpt/Lt by MP and Fuel.

3. 1700hrs in game (don't know how much since USF) but like I said, Ive seen this ability used by enemies just few times. Mostly in 1v1. Plus, it's not that easy. It's very useful when you hit mine, but when you are in the middle of combat, got snared, jumping out can lead to wipe crew or kliing models so you cannot jump in. So in the end, it's most useful outside of the combat, since it's very risky when enemy is near you.

4. Not sure what's your point...

5. And we came back to the start. Rifles are very flexible and can be truly powerful with upgrades, because... There isnt any other non-doc infantry to fill gap of late-game units. Same applies to Tommies - weapon racks to make them powerful because there isnt any other option.
28 Nov 2015, 13:22 PM

5. And we came back to the start. Rifles are very flexible and can be truly powerful with upgrades, because... There isnt any other non-doc infantry to fill gap of late-game units. Same applies to Tommies - weapon racks to make them powerful because there isnt any other option.

You have some doctrinal late-game infantry options, but Riflemen and Infantry Sections with their upgrades and Vet can go toe-to-toe with most any other infantry in the game so you don't need late game infantry as much as other factions.
28 Nov 2015, 14:48 PM

What is with all this make the KT a one time call in talk? You will need to buff that thing a lot if you make it a one time call in like VCOH. Or bring back the beretiger.

Exactly, from the present being able to build even two (altho' far fetched) now they want it limited to one per game !?? lol, well, King Tiger Ace maybe..

that allied paranoia.
28 Nov 2015, 14:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Nov 2015, 14:48 PM$nuffy

Exactly, from the present being able to build even two (altho' far fetched) now they want it limited to one per game !?? lol, well, King Tiger Ace maybe..

that allied paranoia.

Actually it's a buff for the KT, it's limited at one on the battlefield not one per game

Play more, salt less :snfPeter:
28 Nov 2015, 14:56 PM
Senior Caster Badge

BRAD PLEASE PUT THE HOTKEY FOR FLAMENADES AS OKW BACK TO D!!!!!!111
28 Nov 2015, 15:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Nov 2015, 14:54 PMShanka

Actually it's a buff for the KT, it's limited at one on the battlefield not one per game

Play more, salt less :snfPeter:

and you pay attention more, or you may squeeze some lemons for all I care.. I was referring to a post, that was referring to a multiple posts - that lamented about the wishful future OKW nerfs based on the patch that isn't even live yet. One of those brilliant ideas bein'; to limit the KT to "one per game".
28 Nov 2015, 15:35 PM

6 man squads isn't a faction advantage; while it is helpful with recrewing and against explosives it does nothing for standard infantry combat. also, USF and OKW and brits have 5 man squads and i believe fusiliers are 6 man.

I would say 6 men weapon crews is still pretty much nonsense. To add insult to injury, some 6 men crews are almost unwipable like Soviet heavy mortar teams, and others always end up killed due to lame bugs, such as maxim retreat of death bug.
28 Nov 2015, 16:04 PM

Incorrect comparison- for cost, USF armor is exactly as good as it should be armor / health wise, which is my point. USF doesn't suffer for lack of higher-tiered vehicles in the least (possibly in 3v3 and higher, but I never encountered problems even there while playing USF without EZ8 or Pershing).

You can also not build T4/Tiger as Ostheer and perfectly win a game vs any player. But you have the option.
As OKW, you can win with only Pz4 and Jpz4 (most players do) and not build panther or KT. But you have the option.
As USF, you simply didn't had the option till the commander with Pershing and still it is doctrinal.

Terrible comparison, since ambulance is infinitely more flexible than every other faction's healing (Base medics, medic bunkers, healing tommies, battlegroup HQ). It's also a bad comparison because you still bypass the ambulance until after LT / CPT and the light vehicle, which gives the early game strength that USF has in terms of MP spent on combat units.

More flexible, more wipeable and more expensive, Ostheer Sdfk and Sov M5 are infinitely more flexible (also look at speed stats) to reinforce on the field and dps, it is a matter of preference and the end: heal + reinforce on your territory or reinforce + transport and dps anywhere on the field, but saying the ambulance has no equivalence is a pure lie.
OKW is different but doesn't suffer anything on this point with a free medical truck + mp investment to make it forwarded point.

Seriously? The self-repair of USF tanks is the single best ability to augment the overall combat potential of vehicles in the game. I can't believe any logical player of any mode in COH2 will deny the immense strength of self repair.

Self-repair comes with lower armor power in general: lower armor values and lower pen values. Ostheer, till the recent Sherman buff, had better armors in all aspects. Not to say the Sherman buff has been done to respond the fact it comes around after the Ostheer Pz4. Now it is true Ostheer may lack something in this area.
OKW has a free repair station in addition to a boosted Pz4 and a boosted Panther, with the coming patch both coming at the same time you can field a sherman. Free Repair + better armor + better pen value opposed to self-repair. If it is balance for you, well we've nailed the root of the issue.

28 Nov 2015, 16:12 PM
Patrion 14

I would say 6 men weapon crews is still pretty much nonsense. To add insult to injury, some 6 men crews are almost unwipable like Soviet heavy mortar teams, and others always end up killed due to lame bugs, such as maxim retreat of death bug.

Agreed, why not make all weapon crwes 4 men strong?
28 Nov 2015, 17:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Nov 2015, 16:12 PMStafkeh

Agreed, why not make all weapon crwes 4 men strong?

Exactly my thoughts.
28 Nov 2015, 17:45 PM

Exactly my thoughts.

because a maxim with 4 men would be terrible?
28 Nov 2015, 17:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Nov 2015, 17:45 PMArclyte

because a maxim with 4 men would be terrible?

Why would a maxim with 4 men be terrible...exactly?
28 Nov 2015, 17:55 PM
Donator 11

One rifle nade equals...wiped...maxim....?
28 Nov 2015, 18:07 PM

Because Maxim already has horrible pathfinding.. Sometimes when you tell it to set up, it goes in a circle before it sets up. And if the guy who's carrying the gun dies when retreating, the entire crew pauses for one guy to catch up to man the gun.
28 Nov 2015, 19:15 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Nov 2015, 18:07 PMF1sh

Because Maxim already has horrible pathfinding.. Sometimes when you tell it to set up, it goes in a circle before it sets up. And if the guy who's carrying the gun dies when retreating, the entire crew pauses for one guy to catch up to man the gun.

Now if we fix that, sure tang, whatever.

Or maybe we could fix cover-bunching too, that'd be neat.
28 Nov 2015, 19:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Nov 2015, 14:56 PMd0ggY
BRAD PLEASE PUT THE HOTKEY FOR FLAMENADES AS OKW BACK TO D!!!!!!111

use grid keys and yor rank instanimprowe for 100
28 Nov 2015, 19:50 PM
Senior Caster Badge

use grid keys and yor rank instanimprowe for 100

but what if it can't improve by 100? First of all, that we can't adjust hotkeys etc to our own preferences is shit, but if then relic thinks to put normal nade and flame nade for Volksgrens but then decide to get rid of it again, and the thing that changed is just a switch of a hotkey, which fucks over everyone who uses scripts or keyboard drivers to configurate the things to their own preferences, makes no sense and is just a FailFish-Action. Why not let it be as it was since a lot of player are also already used to it.
PAGES (58)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

South Africa 2
United States 2
Germany 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %