Ussr gets 6 men squads
Brits get base arty

OKW gets:
1. vet 5
2. Free access to grenades and upgrades
3. Effects of field HQs
4. Scavenge
5. Better armor then any other faction

This isn't a problem with OKW getting a bonus like the other factions. The problem is the have TOO MUCH bonuses.

I do want to point out that while every faction has a Pro over the others, they each have Cons as well. So just theorycrafting about one section of a faction's design does not hold up in game. Ostheer has to tech through 3 levels to get their best tanks, while Soviets don't have as good stock armor as other factions, USF has no heavies and their early AI stuff(Lt) is split from their early AT stuff and light arty stuff(Cpt), Brits have expensive MP costs and no mobile arty, OKW has bad team support weapons(no non-doctrinal MG), can't build caches(this is why they still have scavenge), no good garrison counter(Leig is bugged to not hit buildings or barrage target), while other factions have flamethrowers or smoke nades or base arty(Brits).

However I could see locking Shreks behind a 100MP 15 fuel upgrade in HQ called Tank Hunter Tactics and cost the Shrek at 70 munis(they are paying 90munis for it, because it doesn't have a fuel cost), but you need to give Volks fausts. So they can counter clown car rush(Raketen can't reliably come out and counter this strat and this has been proven before) as it will rise up when Shreks aren't immediately available. Raise Ober's LMG to 70 munis(Infared Stgs could go to 80 munis). Lock Panther behind Increased Armor Production upgrade in Schwerer for 150MP and 30 fuel(Brits pay 50 fuel for their Hammer and Anvil, but it comes with several additional abilities).
27 Nov 2015, 20:37 PM
Patrion 28

6 man squads isn't a faction advantage; while it is helpful with recrewing and against explosives it does nothing for standard infantry combat. also, USF and OKW and brits have 5 man squads and i believe fusiliers are 6 man.
27 Nov 2015, 20:55 PM

USF gets free squads
Wher gets free access to grenades and upgrades
Ussr gets 6 men squads
Brits get base arty

OKW gets:
1. vet 5
3. Effects of field HQs
4. Scavenge

This isn't a problem with OKW getting a bonus like the other factions. The problem is the have TOO MUCH bonuses.

Then wehr acces to grenades and upgrades is nonexistent becuase they pay for it in teching (it cost more than for oter factions )

Soviets 6 men squads are game desing and they are not better in any case except RNG squadwipes (their DPS profiles are bad to balance for their nubmer of squadmebers)

Brits get base arty that suck :snfPeter: (they also does not get nothing except mortar pit and base arty , only suckston in niche doctrine)

OKW vet 5 is nonexistent expept in few units (jp4) mainy nonexistant in infantry where 3 vet rifles defeat 5 vet volks.

Free acces shouldn´t be here now because they are now like USA with slightly weaker infantry(that get outscaled) but better pios .
You will use scavenge like 3 times a game , and that is not gamebreaking , i think it is there because they cannot build caches.

Yes armor is problem. And that why i think its wise to give flakHQ cost 80 fuel , but lock all tier 4 tanks behind upgrades (jp - 150 mp , 20 fuel , p4 35 fuel 150 mp , panther 200mp 50 fuel)

And tiger 2 can be called in only once (but does not decrease income) - if it die its gone forever like in vcoh , cost like now , but you need to set up al hqs , research all upgrades (tank and grenades/upgrades) so its not unit that you rush but late game finisher.

By this changes okw would remain powerful but player will need to think what unlock now and it will make them less o brainer faction.

ALSO ON TOPIC: almost all thinks that were core faction designs have changes from past and now factions are a lot homogenised.

USA - faction that rely on shock factor , fast teching and strong main line infantry , hovewer it lack support weapons until unlocked all tiers, they also mostly lack mines and late game tank + arty combo.

Russia - genenerally USA with weaker main line infantry and lesser shock factor (no teching units) but they loose this in exchange of good support weapons (maxim is easier to get than 50cal. zis is better than 57mm) and better late game thx stronger tanks (but this once again is not true because of easy 8 and pershing and calliope so now russians looks like weaker brother of USA)

OKW- faction that rely on strong early game and shock factor unit and risk vs reward with agresive truck placement. They have also tools to secure and hold key positions when done properly. They lack good supression tools but in exchange of this they get best tanks and doctrinal infantry. It can be described as USA without so much shock factor but better and more diverse early game and stronger tanks and defenses. (medics + flaktruck > major + ambulance )

Ostheer- opposite of USA . Rely mainy on strong team weapons to secure ground and turtle it into mid/late game where they can win with superior tanks. They lack shock factor units or good main line infantry (grens<volks/riflemen) but they get best team weapons+snipers and mines.

British - ostheer with better late game tanks that get in exchange of weak on map arty. Thy also have emplcements that are right now out of meta (except cancerpit) and some of best AI upgrades for best main line infantry (3lmg anvilsappers , or double 3 vet IS)

27 Nov 2015, 21:03 PM

USF gets free squads
Wher gets free access to grenades and upgrades
Ussr gets 6 men squads
Brits get base arty

OKW gets:
1. vet 5
3. Effects of field HQs
4. Scavenge

USF gets:

1. Vehicle Crews (capping with every vehicle, self repair)
2. Free Squads
3. Weapon Racks, making you able to dual equip every squad
4. No need to build base buildings
5. More versatile mainline infantry than any other faction.
6. Caches

This isn't a problem with USF getting a bonus like the other factions. The problem is they have TOO MUCH bonuses.

27 Nov 2015, 21:26 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I see what you did there!

You fixed a typo.
27 Nov 2015, 21:27 PM

Just remember:

Smoke & Flank

Run & Gun

Hammers & Nails

and it'll be a perfect patch :snfPeter:
27 Nov 2015, 21:43 PM

USF gets:

2. Free Squads
6. Caches

This isn't a problem with USF getting a bonus like the other factions. The problem is they have TOO MUCH bonuses.

Each bonus has a downside. Plus, I understand you compare then to OKW since "caches".

Vehicle crew but shit armor and health.
Free squad - OKW has free healing and repair.
Weapon racks - behind upgrade, force you to retreat squad to the base. Every squad? You mean RF or RE? that diversity :luvDerp:
OKW also does not need to remove SP from the field to build a truck.
Versitale infantry but no elite infantry.

OKW fanboism is strong in you :foreveralone:

Now, what are downsides of:
vet 5
free healing
free repair
free defending of cut off
no weapon upgrades
most elite non-doc inf
cheapest teching
non-doc heavy tank
27 Nov 2015, 21:47 PM

I´ve found the Kübel extremely useful in 1v1. You can cap your side while your Sturmpios and Volks charge the enemy.
27 Nov 2015, 22:43 PM

I´ve found the Kübel extremely useful in 1v1. You can cap your side while your Sturmpios and Volks charge the enemy.

Agreed.
28 Nov 2015, 00:05 AM

Agreed.

Yeah it could use its fuel cost back.
28 Nov 2015, 00:50 AM
Honorary Member Badge

Vehicle crew but shit armor and health.

Sherman has the same standard health / armor as all mediums barring the P4 (which has other downsides like cost, penetration, poor crush). Jackon's armor is on par with Stug / SU85 / Firefly. Low health is the unit's gimmick, in exchange for pen / dmg.

Free squad - OKW has free healing and repair.

USF has free repair / superglue with every single vehicle, which is a lot stronger than the repair truck. Free squad is also more important in the first 5-10 minutes, which was quite clear during USF release when the 200MP LT was causing balance problems vs wehr tech.

Weapon racks - behind upgrade, force you to retreat squad to the base. Every squad? You mean RF or RE? that diversity :luvDerp:

RE Riflemen LT Rangers Paratrooper Pathfinder?

Versitale infantry but no elite infantry.

Double M1919 / BAR rifles are superior to everything short of obers themselves, even if you ignore paras and rangers.

OKW in the balance preview definitely could use some looking at, but in terms of debating a point your arguments pretty poor :P

28 Nov 2015, 02:01 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

I also want to be a forum warrior:

-Upgrades which can be research on enemy territory because OKW :D
-Abilities which cost 0 munition because resource starved while copycat ability are worst or cost munitions
-Base bunkers which are a deterrent to any light vehicle rush and RNG counter to airplanes.
-Note regarding scavenge: it's not just for the resources but the fact you can deny the enemy the weapon is more important IMO.

USF: i wont add too much to what Strummingbird said but
-You forgot to mention major :foreveralone: and Assault Engineers.
-Vehicle crew also means less mp attrition (hello Priest or any AT vehicle) and overcap on certain situations.

This doesn't matter or whatever was mentioned before. The thing is adjustments has to be made to OKW on top of just removing resource penalty and adjusting teching cost. I don't think that removing resource convertion and putting a price to the SwS is enough.
28 Nov 2015, 04:30 AM

Just remember:

Smoke & Flank

Run & Gun

Hammers & Nails

and it'll be a perfect patch :snfPeter:

flanking doesnt always work if the map wasnt designed to be
28 Nov 2015, 04:35 AM

The critical repair forgoten? The US vehicle crews can repair the damaged engine in about 5 seconds.:foreveralone:
28 Nov 2015, 06:51 AM

What is with all this make the KT a one time call in talk? You will need to buff that thing a lot if you make it a one time call in like VCOH. Or bring back the beretiger.
28 Nov 2015, 08:04 AM

USF gets:

2. Free Squads
6. Caches

1. And no heavy armor, and even what we call medium have 320-480 hp and no armor.
2. and okw gets free heal, repair station and powerfull aa gun based on durable emplacement.
3. Isn't it better to buy weapons everywhere on map than only at your base?
4. Some american units like m8 scott take forever to build. Also all units from major tier have heavily increased vet up requirements.
5. And no heavy infantry, except rangers. Barely i can call paratroopers and pathfinders elite because i just can upgrade riflemans with doble m1919. And officers is just riflemans with free weapons.
6. All faction except okw have caches, i can't call it advantage.
28 Nov 2015, 08:54 AM

Sherman has the same standard health / armor as all mediums barring the P4 (which has other downsides like cost, penetration, poor crush). Jackon's armor is on par with Stug / SU85 / Firefly. Low health is the unit's gimmick, in exchange for pen / dmg.

USF has free repair / superglue with every single vehicle, which is a lot stronger than the repair truck. Free squad is also more important in the first 5-10 minutes, which was quite clear during USF release when the 200MP LT was causing balance problems vs wehr tech.

RE Riflemen LT Rangers Paratrooper Pathfinder?

Double M1919 / BAR rifles are superior to everything short of obers themselves, even if you ignore paras and rangers.

OKW in the balance preview definitely could use some looking at, but in terms of debating a point your arguments pretty poor :P

1. Sure, but as OST/OKW you have access to better and bigger units aka Panther, KT. As USF or SU you don't.

2. Free squad does not matter that much cause you have to lay250/15 for ambu, which is more or less proce of 1 squad. Superglue, again, access to shit armor. Still, I have use it maybe 5times and I was shouting at 1sec repair after Sherman hit my mine maybe 7times? On the other hand, I see smoke and bltiz every single game :P

3. Why would you give Rangers 2-4 BARs for XXX ammo if you can give them Thompsons? :P Same for Pars. As for Pathfinders, they are so so niche.

4. Double LMG/BARs are great piniatas to pick dropped weapons :P
28 Nov 2015, 11:09 AM

OKW can reinforce at truck even if it is forward deployed and cut off.
28 Nov 2015, 11:37 AM

If it is that far forward, it also carries the risk of getting destroyed by call in arti, bombs, etc.
28 Nov 2015, 11:43 AM

so can you, just get a halftrack
PAGES (58)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight