Login

russian armor

Balance Preview Patchnotes

PAGES (58)down
30 Nov 2015, 14:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Nov 2015, 14:24 PMcr4wler

https://youtu.be/zEB-cDQmr8c is 5 minutes ago recent enough? rifles had standard formation (as in, select blob, move order).

and yes, infantry does not cost any fuel. again, you said if a unit is straight up better than your opponents unit and arrives at the same time, it is OP. that description fits at least rifles and infantry sections perfectly, since they obviously outperform Grenadiers by a significant margin.

in your example, if you simply replace the sherman with a jackson, suddenly the fight becomes way more "equal" as well.

fact of the matter is, you don't want to hear an opinion that doesn't fit yours. especially when it's backed up by facts.

1- Your video doesn't show a blob.

2- You cannot replace a sherman with a Jackson, you need to wait 135 fuel for that. Can't you understand that?

And Katitof is right, USF infantry cost fuel to be improved...
30 Nov 2015, 14:53 PM

Not even close to 100% reproduction.

It all depends how the squads in the blob will be placed. I was able very easily to pin down 3 squads before reaching nades range, just as easily I was able to crawl down and throw a nade.
30 Nov 2015, 14:57 PM

And Katitof is right, USF infantry cost fuel to be improved...

still besides the point. tell me again your definition of what unbalanced is, and how allied infantry does not fit that description perfectly.

also, if you watch the video again, i could have just walked past the MG and killed it without nades, but that was not the point of the video.

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Nov 2015, 14:50 PMEsxile

wait... WHAT?!

i think i'm done here.
30 Nov 2015, 15:02 PM

Not even close to 100% reproduction.

It all depends how the squads in the blob will be placed. I was able very easily to pin down 3 squads before reaching nades range, just as easily I was able to crawl down and throw a nade.

again: standard dispersion. then you get 100% reproduction rate. maybe if you indivdually and intentionally place all your squads in the same spot, which btw also is way more complicated to do, you might be able to pin all three... but with the standard dispersion the MG42 is absolutely inable to pin 3 squads, since it can only fire 2 bursts until the last rifle is in nade range. if you watch the video again, even the 2nd rifle gets into nade range, so it doesn't even need 3 rifles.
30 Nov 2015, 15:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Nov 2015, 14:50 PMEsxile

I think this quote shows perfectly one of the major flaw in the community.
As stated in the (recent)Basic Glossary 2 of the site, the words "Spam" and "Blob" are generously used and have different appreciation and interpretation.
I have seen one call spam the 4th volksgrenadier squad as others wont frown on 8 conscripts squad.
The same goes for "Blob" that others would elegantly call "Combined arms".
The said glossary is sadly a reflect of the community as it is imprecise and debatable. Unfortunatly the description of a situation is questionable until you see the replay and gives more information on the user of the exprssion rather than on the situation described.
Maybe it is time to develop this glossary and add words that refers to precise numbers or situations.

Kozo.
30 Nov 2015, 15:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Nov 2015, 15:17 PMKozokus

I think this quote shows perfectly one of the major flaw in the community.
As stated in the (recent)Basic Glossary 2 of the site, the words "Spam" and "Blob" are generously used and have different appreciation and interpretation.
I have seen one call spam the 4th volksgrenadier squad as others wont frown on 8 conscripts squad.
The same goes for "Blob" that others would elegantly call "Combined arms".
The said glossary is (on those two words) sadly a reflect of the community as it is imprecise and debatable. Unfortunatly the description of a situation is questionable until you see the replay and gives more information on the user of the exprssion rather than on the situation described.
Maybe it is time to develop this glossary and add words that refers to precise numbers or situations.

Kozo.
30 Nov 2015, 15:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Nov 2015, 15:02 PMcr4wler

again: standard dispersion. then you get 100% reproduction rate. maybe if you indivdually and intentionally place all your squads in the same spot, which btw also is way more complicated to do, you might be able to pin all three... but with the standard dispersion the MG42 is absolutely inable to pin 3 squads, since it can only fire 2 bursts until the last rifle is in nade range. if you watch the video again, even the 2nd rifle gets into nade range, so it doesn't even need 3 rifles.

Not even close to placing squads in the same place.

I dont have time for pointless arguing or even posting videos but I hardly call it intentionall placing in the same spot

All 3 squads started in line at the end of MG range.

30 Nov 2015, 16:00 PM

Not even close to placing squads in the same place.

I dont have time for pointless arguing or even posting videos but I hardly call it intentionall placing in the same spot

All 3 squads started in line at the end of MG range.

lemme guess, straigth line so every squad got suppressed by the same burst? also: ofc i absolutely need to post video evidence or everything i say gets dismissed outright, but if you say something i have to accept it at face value without any evidence... talk about burden of proof...
30 Nov 2015, 16:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Nov 2015, 14:57 PMcr4wler

still besides the point. tell me again your definition of what unbalanced is, and how allied infantry does not fit that description perfectly.

also, if you watch the video again, i could have just walked past the MG and killed it without nades, but that was not the point of the video.

wait... WHAT?!

i think i'm done here.

Standard dispersion isn't blobbing, I think there are more than enough video of blob on the net to tell you this is not a blob. One of your unit is at the extreme right of the cone and one other is at the extreme left. So of course if you let your MG fire at the squad at the extreme right first (like in your video), the one at the extreme left isn't going to be suppressed. And I'm the bias guy? Do you know how works the suppression mechanism?

Next, if you can't understand than combining your AI squads give you the same fire power for ALL armies and tool to counter each other, I can't help you more... I would agree with you if Ostheer and OKW had only Gren and Volks to fight rifle/IS, but as far as I know this is not the case and you can freely buy any other units to support them.

Now in a perspective of fuel cost unit. Buying a sherman at the same time than a Panther is like fighting Rifle/IS only with Volks and Gren with no opportunity to buy a second one before 5 minutes.

30 Nov 2015, 16:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Nov 2015, 16:00 PMcr4wler

lemme guess, straigth line so every squad got suppressed by the same burst? also: ofc i absolutely need to post video evidence or everything i say gets dismissed outright, but if you say something i have to accept it at face value without any evidence... talk about burden of proof...

I have quite long history of proving people that they are wrong or not entirely truthful.
30 Nov 2015, 16:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Nov 2015, 16:00 PMcr4wler

thats what an MG-42 does most of the time,if you deny it then your bias needs to stop
30 Nov 2015, 16:34 PM

thats what an MG-42 does most of the time,if you deny it then your bias needs to stop

and i posted video evidence to the contrary... but even that is not enough obviously :-D

and if literally selecting a bunch of units and just moving them into an MG can't be considered blobbing, i don't know what is.
30 Nov 2015, 16:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Nov 2015, 16:34 PMcr4wler

and i posted video evidence to the contrary... but even that is not enough obviously :-D

and if literally selecting a bunch of units and just moving them into an MG can't be considered blobbing, i don't know what is.

nope you need to make another video with default blob formation AGAIN
30 Nov 2015, 16:43 PM

I have quite long history of proving people that they are wrong or not entirely truthful.

This is indeed the fact. Keep proving cr4wler wrong please and others too.
30 Nov 2015, 16:46 PM

This is indeed the fact. Keep proving cr4wler wrong please and others too.

Not saying he's wrong, but not 100% truthful ;)
30 Nov 2015, 17:02 PM

Not saying he's wrong, but not 100% truthful ;)

Ok not 100% truthful :P
30 Nov 2015, 17:30 PM

Does anyone know Ostheer sniper still has 80 HP ?

He does not.

He have 82 HP so you can surive mortar shot / katty shot into head , because we does not want random sniperwipes (also british one have 82 HP)
30 Nov 2015, 17:30 PM
Senior Caster Badge

If anyone gets good replays of the Balance Preview, please send me a PM with them. We would love to do some casts of it.
30 Nov 2015, 17:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Nov 2015, 13:36 PMEsxile

Show me a recent replay of blob of Rifle/IS/cons being able to a-move and crawl from the far end of mg42 fire area till grenade range. Let's assume blob start with 3 units closely packed.

I didn't say anything about fuel? So you need a brain to understand gameplay and game mechanism. Give you a hint, T0 and T1 give anything to all faction to do infantry fight. You have all the keys right from the beginning and you don't need to wait for your opponent mistake to win it.

Fighting a OKW pz4 or panther with a single sherman isn't equal. As Iron Emperor says himself, your hope is on OKW player mistake to lose it. This isn't balance.

But Jackill is right, speaking with you is a nonsense from the beginning.

Also shermna cost 110 fuel , panzer 4 135 fuel and easy 8 140 fuel (correct me if im wrong with easy8 they changed cost toomany times)

And gues what ? sherman can defeat p4 if you manage to flank - okw p4 have great frontal armor but weak rear. (25 fuel difference , thats almost difference between panther and easy 8)

AND easy 8 is still able to defeat p4 in 1vs1 fight. (5 fuel differnce)
PAGES (58)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS