Login

russian armor

Balance Preview Patchnotes

PAGES (58)down
23 Nov 2015, 00:54 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Nov 2015, 00:36 AMAladdin

You actually answered it urself! player invest his mp into squads as soon as he has manpower for it! that's the thing, since OKW teching is very cheap and the factions doesn't generally give u options for various support weapons such as mgs/mortars etc you build another (very cost efficient) squad (which u can upgrade it to the mighty shreck).

OKW stays broken as long as it's easy to shreck blob, or shreck has such a performance

In the preview OKW teching costs are pretty much similiar to the USF teching costs. I personally don't blob schrecks and rarely build them, because good players know how to deal with them. In addition I rather invest munitions into mines and grenades, while letting my raketenwerfer deal with tanks.
23 Nov 2015, 01:17 AM

You actually answered it urself! player invest his mp into squads as soon as he has manpower for it! that's the thing, since OKW teching is very cheap and the factions doesn't generally give u options for various support weapons such as mgs/mortars etc you build another (very cost efficient) squad (which u can upgrade it to the mighty shreck).

OKW stays broken as long as it's easy to shreck blob, or shreck has such a performance

You said it. Maybe here is where the problem lies on? Not that schrecks are hurr durr, no brainer, but because there are no useful support weapons\useful inf? Or you suggest to invest into fallshims\Obers who are not only over-priced but also comes at the point where Allied inf already have 2-3 vet and also they require vet 2-3 to be somehow useful ... until they get one-shotted by mine\tank\mortar\lucky explosion.

In correct game version, schrecks are the only way to stop allied armor in some cases. Sure schrecks blobs are annoying, but its not luxury like vet 3 terminator Rifles, Matrix Conscripts or sniper Tommy squads. Its usually must have, since you literary have no other options.
23 Nov 2015, 01:42 AM

centaur and flak halftrack inflict very small amount of damage to garrisoned infantry. check please.

http://www.coh2.org/topic/44460/experiment-damage-to-garrisoned-broken
23 Nov 2015, 01:47 AM

centaur and flak halftrack inflict very small amount of damage to garrisoned infantry. check please.

http://www.coh2.org/topic/44460/experiment-damage-to-garrisoned-broken

Yes but not only in the patchmod but also in the current version of the game, also the satchel and paratroopers demo do litle or no damage to buildings:

http://www.coh2.org/topic/45112/timed-explosive-charge-and-satchel-useless-agains-buildings
23 Nov 2015, 04:31 AM

Falls are one of the few units that are completely fine. He lost them to AOE, which means bad RNG. But then again don't dance around of a Pershing, it has the same AOE as the KT.

Yeah let me rephrase relic plz fix falls they just seem to clump up much more than other units....just give them much better squad spacing not neccessarily buff
23 Nov 2015, 07:01 AM

I definetly think that Volks should be 260 MP, Puma should have less range now that it's replaceable, and Flak HT could use some love.

Disregarding minor number changes, Overall though OKW is in a nice spot now.

it should cost like ostheer puma.

Also jp4 need a minor fuel increase to match performance with other units.
And luchs need to be 70 fuel like all light vehicles.
And fraptrack 50 fuel like USA one.
And kubel need to cost 5 fuel. Literaly british need to pay 20 fuel 210 mp to carrier to counter kubel, or else they would lose map badly
23 Nov 2015, 07:05 AM

Just to add some numbers.

OKW need to pay 250/90 for 1 shreck
Ostheer need to pay 170/60 to one shreck (half of panzergren)

So spamability problem isnt. Problem is that okw have no other upgrade on their main line infantry (even 1 g43 would be nice)
23 Nov 2015, 07:26 AM

All aboard the homogenization train CHOO CHOO.
23 Nov 2015, 08:17 AM

You are really not playing this patch otherwise you would have noticed a few things. 1 the okw tech cost got increased by 50% when it comes to mp . vg's have their mp increased. thats one vg squad less. and you are correct in the past the okw could not invest in anything but vg's. but the latest patch has me pushing for the luchs / puma combo. so thats 3 whole vg's squads you will not be seeing.

as somebody already said shrek blobs are really bad when dealing with infantry. and shreks are really not as usefull as out make them out to be.
23 Nov 2015, 08:18 AM

Also jp4 need a minor fuel increase to match performance with other units.
And kubel need to cost 5 fuel. Literaly british need to pay 20 fuel 210 mp to carrier to counter kubel, or else they would lose map badly

is their a reason for this?
23 Nov 2015, 08:20 AM

So spamability problem isnt. Problem is that okw have no other upgrade on their main line infantry (even 1 g43 would be nice)

Yes your right.

Volks Shreck at 60 ammo
Ober LMG34 at 120 ammo
Falls STGs at 60 ammo

Reduce the flack-hT armor by half and add a skirt upgrade on the flak-ht to match the existant value, 60 ammo

Remove the free cannon on the shrewer HQ and make it 120 ammo upgrade

Remove the free healing on the Regiment HQ and make it 60 ammo upgrade

Remove the free repair station on the Mechanized HA and make it 60 ammo upgrade

And we're done with the shreck spammability, with in the same time, balancing OKW abilities with other factions ones.
23 Nov 2015, 09:46 AM

Ostheer have shrecks on 4 men, squishy, easy to wipe and costly to reinforce squad. 1 T-34 hit can kill half of the squad.

OKW have shreck on 6 men squad, hard to wipe, hard to hit with tanks because of vet buffs. It lead to tanks need to run away with their poor pathfinding from volks with A move because they can't hit them while shreck hit the tank 80 % of time even at max distance.
23 Nov 2015, 09:55 AM

Ostheer have shrecks on 4 men, squishy, easy to wipe and costly to reinforce squad. 1 T-34 hit can kill half of the squad.

OKW have shreck on 6 men squad, hard to wipe, hard to hit with tanks because of vet buffs. It lead to tanks need to run away with their poor pathfinding from volks with A move because they can't hit them while shreck hit the tank 80 % of time even at max distance.

Volks overperforming as AT infantry.
23 Nov 2015, 10:28 AM

Why not move PanzerSchreck to SP (Tho I'd prefer making Obers 350MP with ability to upgrade them for hard AI with LMG34 or hard AT with double PzSchreck) and give Volks double Panzerbuchse? Like seriously, PTRS profile, light AT and AI upgrade at once.
23 Nov 2015, 11:43 AM

I think this needs small buff
23 Nov 2015, 11:43 AM
Patrion 14

This looks like coh2 tombstone patch,doesn't even touch any of the real game issues (see siberian's post on page 2 of this topic).
Maybe relic should start thinking of CoH3 ?:hyper:
PS: How the hell you build the KT? i build all 3 trucks and there is no option to build it from any truck or call it-in.WTF!
23 Nov 2015, 11:44 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Nov 2015, 18:26 PMRollo

it's worse than that, grens don't need to ... spend 400mp+45fuel in upgrades just to have basic things like grenades and lmg's

Not quite my friend. I've done the numbers on this:

For grens you spend 80/10 (T1 cost - included because brits don't have to spend anything to access IS) just to access them, then 100/45 (BP1) to access lmgs, nades.

End Result: 180 mp, 55 fuel.

UKF IS:

150/15 : racks
150/15 : nades.

End result: 300 mp, 30 fuel.

Overall, seems ost is supposed to spend more fuel and UKF more manpower. (I did not include the squad size upgrade because, if that is included as well, then the IS becomes superior to the grenadier so its no longer a basis for equalizing the costs)

Of-course this doesn't take into account the faust, but then UKF isn't designed with infantry with snares, and have access to other upgrades (Squad size) which grens don't so the argument could swing the other way too. Which is why I haven't included it.

If we include a hypothetical cost of 100mp 15 fu as hypothetical ostheer squad size upgrade and 125mp 25 fu (Soviet At nade price) as hypothetical UKF IS snare upgrade the new, hypothetical costs become:

Ost grens: 280mp 80 fuel

UKF IS: 425mp 55 fuel.

Again, one side has a mp advantage (145mp), the other has fuel advantage. (25 fuel)

Whether that is balanced, I leave for everyone here to decide. I feel it would be fair to equalize the costs however.
23 Nov 2015, 11:53 AM
Donator 22

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Nov 2015, 11:43 AMdevlish

PS: How the hell you build the KT? i build all 3 trucks and there is no option to build it from any truck or call it-in.WTF!

hey I was able to call-in a KT in the balance mod. Build all three tiers and choose a doctrine. After you have choosen a doctrin, you will see the KT call-in icon on the list with the commander abilitys. :)
23 Nov 2015, 12:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Nov 2015, 11:43 AMdevlish

Maybe relic should start thinking of CoH3 ?:hyper:

SEGA other studio Creative Assembly is now finishing Total War: Warhammer, so I think next Relic game will be rather DoW3 to follow the hype on Warhammer.
23 Nov 2015, 12:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Nov 2015, 11:44 AMJunaid

When comparing units, taking tech into account is bullshit.
Unit price that's all what matters, so your post lacks of true content.
PAGES (58)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS