Login

russian armor

Balance Preview Patchnotes

PAGES (58)down
18 Nov 2015, 21:02 PM
Donator 22

cool patch notes :)
funny that they switched the luchs into the Mechanized Regiment HQ. Looks like a large buff for the OKW. But I have to play the mod first. Cheaper sturmpios and cheaper to reinforce. Even better on urban maps

Stormtroopers with tiger ace and stun grenades. Not bad....

good that the brit sniper gets critical shot now with vet1. So we will see more counterplay with the 222.

Jaeger Light Infantry Upgrade
Allowing players to get this upgrade relatively at the same time as the LMG42.

Command point requirements reduced from 3 to 1

does it mean I can buy G43 with 1CP right?

Well atleast that's something.

But the whole reason it was okay for OKW be able to field panthers, and their super P4 as early as the other less powerful mediums was because it took a while before they could field a second one. Now that's not an issue.

Even with the lower vet costs their units will still outscale every factions. Between that, scavange, and the benefits from the field HQ, I don't see how OKW has any downside at all. If the allied players aren't able to destroy the schwerer HQ as soon as possible, they are just going to be completely overwhelmed by superior armor. And with the artillery nerf vs them that's going to be harder then ever.

Also doesn't the volks buff make them better then cons, despite being cheaper?

I think panther should cost an additional unlock and teching be linear just for starters.
Vet 5 should have been removed or taken bigger nerfs.

But lets see once available to play.

No, they play on toasters.

How much do you want to bet the game doesn't run smoothly on a 5820K, 980 Ti and 16GB of RAM?
A_E
18 Nov 2015, 21:03 PM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

Incendiary nade has not been removed volks now have two grenade types.

I'm getting shrecks on volks within three minutes, and luchs out in six. Brad needs to make serious serious changes, before this goes live haha.
18 Nov 2015, 21:03 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

MORE DETAILS:

OKW still starts with the same resources.

SWS truck costs 15 Fuel and 100 MP.

Kübel costs 210 MP. In my opinion Kübel without suppression will lead to pushing cheese. I really ask relic to reconsider this as pushing is cheesy.

VOLKS have both nades, FLAME and Normal grenade

TECHING is not linear, you can go T3->T4 , or T2->T4 (the P4 rush is real)

:S I am seeing Australian's point on Luchs' arrival.
18 Nov 2015, 21:04 PM

Shreck for volks now cost only 70 muni instead 90 muni in the mod. bug?
18 Nov 2015, 21:05 PM

How much do you want to bet the game doesn't run smoothly on a 5820K, 980 Ti and 16GB of RAM?

pretty dumb suggestion, but have you tried lowering settings? i had a radeon 7850 and 8gb of ram for the majority of my time playing coh and the game ran very smoothly for me at medium/high settings.

edit: imo the quality drop from ultra to medium isnt that drastic and i would take smoothness over maxxed out graphics
18 Nov 2015, 21:05 PM

My concerns:
- 6minut luchs
- volks blob, better dps, cheaper shrecks, normal nades + flame one
18 Nov 2015, 21:06 PM
Donator 22

and with a choosen commander volks getting a third type of nade :D
18 Nov 2015, 21:07 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Shreck for volks now cost only 70 muni instead 90 muni in the mod. bug?

Intended, it's in the notes.
and with a choosen commander volks getting a third type of nade :D

MOVE TO STURMPIONEERS
18 Nov 2015, 21:07 PM
Patrion 14

Its funny how they remove the supression for the kubel, but what about giving another unit to supress? So, if you need some early supression now you are forced into an MG34 commander.
18 Nov 2015, 21:08 PM

So 100% resources + cheaper shrecks?

Yea and now OKW have no suppresion.
Developer Relic Badge

cool patch notes :)
Jaeger Light Infantry Upgrade
Allowing players to get this upgrade relatively at the same time as the LMG42.

Command point requirements reduced from 3 to 1

does it mean I can buy G43 with 1CP right?

Yes, you can buy G43s at 1CP.

As for the changes, having not played it yet but I would remove OKW's starting fuel or lower it to 10-20 to make the first truck take longer to arrive and make Volks cost slightly more to be around 250-260 given their damage boost. Shrek price should also return to 90.

As for 6 minute Luchs, is it really going to be that scary? I feel the Luchs hardly performs what it used to be when it got changed to rely on accuracy rather than scatter. Axis had to deal with fast Quads, T-70s, and Stuarts with the later two capable of demolishing their light armour. Captain Tech already hardcounter it/wards it off, Brits got mines, very early ATGs and maybe it'd be time to invest in the AEC(and possibly make it easier to obtain), Soviet T2, Mines and Cons AT Nades are also here and a fast T3 can ward off all the mech truck units unless it's a flanking Puma, but then it's not a Luchs anymore.

MORE DETAILS:

OKW still starts with the same resources.

SWS truck costs 15 Fuel and 100 MP.

Kübel costs 210 MP. In my opinion Kübel without suppression will lead to pushing cheese. I really ask relic to reconsider this as pushing is cheesy.

VOLKS have both nades, FLAME and Normal grenade

TECHING is not linear, you can go T3->T4 , or T2->T4 (the P4 rush is real)

Jesus christ! It just keeps getting worse.

So basically OKW only needs 115 fuel til they can start spamming panthers. lol, USF needs atleast 140 to even unlock a sherman.

Volks now don't only deny garrison and cover. They still get their awesome nades, AND MORE MUNI THEN BEFORE TO USE THEM. and more damage, cheap schreks and scavenge. Nope not OP at all.

Please relic, please atleast don't forget to put the 5 fuel on the kubel. We don't need to repeat the kubel spam of the alpha.
18 Nov 2015, 21:09 PM
Donator 11

Dont understand why you people like this patch, they finally are attempting to redesign OKW and they still refuse to remove the shrek from volks...

Not to mention they removed volks flamenade so now OKW will have to rely on a commander to clear houses..... gg wp relic
18 Nov 2015, 21:10 PM

My opinion:

Brit nerfs seem a bit over the top. But I will test the mod now before I do any ranting.

how were they nerfed? i don't see it?
18 Nov 2015, 21:10 PM

I played a few 1on1 against a friend of mine using the mod. Every time, I built a Luchs at minute 5, I sent to the British base at minute 6, and they had no chance to counter it. Meanwhile, two of my kuebels happily capped the whole map. Tommies gets eaten by Volks and Sturms..

This patch feels REALLY bad, and it puts OKW straight into OP level :/
18 Nov 2015, 21:12 PM

This patch :lolol: OKW is in good spot, in 1v1 at least. Overall balance in 1v1 is already in decent spot (except flamethrowers on riflemen) and just needs few little adjustments. This is going to be disaster.
18 Nov 2015, 21:12 PM

I played a few 1on1 against a friend of mine using the mod. Every time, I built a Luchs at minute 5, I sent to the British base at minute 6, and they had no chance to counter it. Meanwhile, two of my kuebels happily capped the whole map.

This patch feels REALLY bad.

did he try making an aec
PAGES (58)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment