Login

russian armor

Balance Preview Patchnotes

PAGES (58)down
18 Nov 2015, 21:14 PM

Hey guys, I know. How about we also move the Tiger to whermacht T2 and make it cost 50 fuel! It can't be anywhere near as bad as this OKW revamp.:foreveralone:
18 Nov 2015, 21:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Nov 2015, 21:09 PMspajn
Dont understand why you people like this patch, they finally are attempting to redesign OKW and they still refuse to remove the shrek from volks...

Not to mention they removed volks flamenade so now OKW will have to rely on a commander to clear houses..... gg wp relic

flamenade is still there
18 Nov 2015, 21:16 PM

did he try making an aec

Indeed. AEC does help a bit, but comes a tad too late. When the luchs was dead, I had enough Volks and mapcontrol to win the game with a P4, 5xVolks, 1xSturm, 1xKuebel.
18 Nov 2015, 21:17 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Well, that's why this is a preview I suppose. Get posting hilariously fast OKW tank rushes screenies boiz.
18 Nov 2015, 21:18 PM

Just slow down teching.

Make it linear or set starting fuel at 0 and it should be fine.
18 Nov 2015, 21:20 PM
Donator 11

The reason OKW is such a awkward faction is they have access to the most powerful AT weapon in the game on the cheapest infantry... Dont RELIC realize this?? RELIC PLS!
18 Nov 2015, 21:20 PM

I can't believe I am the only one who doesn't like the Windustry change. I mean it's usable now, but the ability was climatic and also decreased vehicle building time to 0 :snfBarton:
18 Nov 2015, 21:22 PM

how were they nerfed? i don't see it?

tommies lost some of their dodging bonus and their damage
18 Nov 2015, 21:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Nov 2015, 21:20 PMspajn
The reason OKW is such a awkward faction is they have access to the most powerful AT weapon in the game on the cheapest infantry... Dont RELIC realize this?? RELIC PLS!

but vet 3 allied infantry roll over everything...or so thats what the forums make me believe eleniggle
18 Nov 2015, 21:23 PM

Whoever theory crafted these changes is an idiot. Period.
18 Nov 2015, 21:26 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

but vet 3 allied infantry roll over everything...or so thats what the forums make me believe eleniggle

He said awkward, not overpowered. Trying to mean their design will always be precarious with the Panzerschrek at their disposal, I think.
18 Nov 2015, 21:26 PM

Seems with the unit switch around, I think flak will be the main source of suppression for early game for a OKW if they go down that path. I don't quite see the issue of the Luchs as can't Soviets rush a T-70 in 6 minutes as well? Or USF CPT Stuarts for that matter. Granted they get cheaper schrecks now. Need some more testing to see how drastic these changes are.
18 Nov 2015, 21:27 PM

I can't believe I am the only one who doesn't like the Windustry change. I mean it's usable now, but the ability was climatic and also decreased vehicle building time to 0 :snfBarton:
Because it's lazy. Instead of makink a cool ability work. They instead just replaced it with something that's already balanced. And it's still pretty crummy as long as soviet T4 is still so mapower expensive.
18 Nov 2015, 21:27 PM
Donator 33

Ok, so now shrecks are less expensive although their income got increased? That's....not good.

Pls, increase the muni cost to 90 and turn shrecks into a PzFaust-like ability. The whole shrecks-on-cheap-inf-thing has been a design flaw right from the start.

90 ammo per squad > unlocks ability to shoot Pzshreck > same range, cooldown as PzFaust and damages engine > stats of Pzshreck (pen and damage) > ability is free = DONE.
18 Nov 2015, 21:28 PM
Donator 22

I'm concerned that the timing on the luchs; seems like it might come too early with low OKW tech costs and full income.
18 Nov 2015, 21:30 PM

Lol @ this patch.

OKW itself was not terribly designed, it needed some changes, but with this it will be obscenely OP. All Volks needed was some better AI and an AT snare instead of a shreck. Having access to an even cheaper shreck, combined with the full resource income, as well now having access to two very potent grenades, on top of their slight AI buff - I just have to wonder what they are thinking at Relic.

It's entirely safe to say to never go Lt. tier vs OKW. You will have no reasonable counter to the incoming P2 meta rush. Also would be very risky to go T1 as Soviets, since you will most definitely have to build T2 pretty soon thereafter.

I'm glad the rifle flamers were finally addressed, but I think even on RE's they will still be a bit of a problem since they are spammable and get a free 5th man at vet 2, which will come very easy now with their flamethrower.

The British were hit very badly on all accounts. Firstly, the nerf to infantry sections (and the .1 out of cover bonus to compensate, hur dur, still not worth using out of cover) in all departments was stupid. They scale so well because they have no access to free AT snares and their grenade (which both axis armies get for free, and are a million times better) are a joke.

As for the sniper, I'm not sure if I'm reading it correctly, but it would look as if the critical shot can no longer reliably damage the engine of light vehicles. This is obscene, since the sniper was the only (expensive and fragile) AT snare the Brits had, and it's snare to anything heavier than a light vehicle was laughable. If they are going to change the utility of the British sniper this drastically, I'd rather he wasn't an AT sniper at all, just give him a standard rifle and adjust his veterancy bonuses to give him a better rate of fire like the Ost sniper, because now he's most definitely the shittiest of all snipers pound for pound. Either that or revert the changes, because now he is completely lacking in his defined role. At this point, killing the UKF sniper will be as easy as driving a 222/Kubel up to him and chasing him down, since unlike the the Ostheer and Soviets, the sniper has no mainline infantry to snare or screen for him, he only had himself to do that, and even when it was the case it was still risky. Now...nothing. Countering this unit should not be THAT easy, since countering the equivolant units of the other 2 armies can be a nightmare.

The AT gun cost increase was needed, but not up to 320. 300 would have been more sufficient. I know it get's the oh so amazing 50% accuracy vs vehicles, but this is because it has no AT snare to accompany it like other factions, so it was needed).

Lol @ nerf to standard Churchill. Will never use anvil again. Thnx relic.

Churchill Croc vet requirement nerf was good, but range didn't have to go down so drastically. 32 to 30 would have been better.

EDIT - Just did a test of the new vet 0 infantry sections vs vet 0 volks. Volks reliably won 6/8 engangements where I tested.

18 Nov 2015, 21:31 PM

I've gotta say that this patch must be pretty terrible when even the predominantly axis players are unsure about it XD

70muni shreks on buffed cheap infantry in a faction which floats MP and has had its resource penalties removed......what could go wrong?
18 Nov 2015, 21:32 PM
Donator 11

I think fast luchs is fine, now allies have to build something to counter an early axis shock unit
18 Nov 2015, 21:32 PM

Lol at everyone denouncing these changes without playing them.

Download the mod, play a few matches, and then post your complaints in this thread.
18 Nov 2015, 21:33 PM
Donator 22

the luchs needs a slighly fuel increase. And with triple shrek cost recude bulletin, you can get a shreck for 60 munition. I like that you can choose with volks between two grenades.

edit:
or increase the fuel cost from the okw truck
PAGES (58)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak