Login

russian armor

Suggestion: add invisibility clock to hull down

16 Nov 2015, 16:41 PM

i never use hull down and i never see people use it
add invisibility cloak to make it useful
the first shot have more accuracy and cost manpower or munition maybe to build it
16 Nov 2015, 17:08 PM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

A cloak for a stationary unit isn't very helpful I think
16 Nov 2015, 17:11 PM

Hull down is niche because tanks rely on speed in COH2, hence the reason snares work. In real life hull down allows tanks to disable or knock out other tanks without being hit, but this is in situations where one shot will destroy the target. In the game being able to shoot fast is still because a tank will simply back away from an unfavorable engagement. I am still up for hearing what else you might think would make this ability better, as I would like to see it become more useful.

Hull down is also rarely used on turretless armored units, but whatever.
16 Nov 2015, 17:12 PM

Still better than nothing
16 Nov 2015, 18:05 PM
Donator 11

Cloak in coh2 as we have explained with commandos and the JP4 is pretty broken.

I maybe reducing its ROF but adding a damage buff and maybe a slight range buff (like 3-5) would be a cool idea. while it takes time to set up, remember that the unit can just toggle off the ability without any negative debuffs so the tank still has its mobility.
16 Nov 2015, 23:35 PM
Patrion 28

i think hulldown is fine. it is niche but when it works it works well.
17 Nov 2015, 02:20 AM

Imo, In addition to taking less damage it should give reduced accuracy against the tank being hulled down aswell as a sightrange increase.
17 Nov 2015, 02:39 AM

I think buildings in general should be able to have camoflage netting added for a muni price. So they just don't get barraged to death via flares + off map art.
17 Nov 2015, 10:45 AM

This is all sounding a lot like you all want Hull Down to be a WIN button. Hull down is only niché because a lot of people dont know its value and uses. And at the same time can be a big surprice to the enemy if they dont know about it. It already boosts rate of fire, range and received damage, what more could you want? The setup time is minimal and teardown happens at the press of a button. Hull down a stug so it has a good field of fire and you have a very cost effective antitank emplacement that can also be moved to another location once the enemy adapts to it. Or just set it up so it can overlook a bottleneck. Hull down an ostwind where you expect masses of enemy infantry and you will see a meatgrinder. Dont forget that this ability also exists in a commander that has panzer tactician, recon loiter plane, command tank(which can even further buff the damage resistance of the hulled down vehicles) and the Elephant.
17 Nov 2015, 11:59 AM

Because stationary medium vehicle=dead/useless medium vehicle, unless you already dominated the field.

Doctrines with it aren't poplar choices either even though it changes units like Ostwind into bofors emplacement, one ATG is enough to make it run.

Ability in itself is quite powerful with what it provide, it just doesn't have a place in meta, because camping isn't meta.
17 Nov 2015, 12:14 PM

I've find some uses for hull down while playing Fortified armor and Festung armor, used it on Cmd PzIV and had it sit next to the elefant or Pak43, works pretty well but is really risky and might cause you to lose some map control
17 Nov 2015, 23:21 PM

add invisibility cloak to make it useful
the first shot have more accuracy and cost manpower or munition maybe to build it

Play axis too much?

I encounter hulldown regularly and with correct positioning, they are touch nuts to crack.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★