Login

russian armor

Demo Charges should be allowed only on buildings

16 Nov 2015, 15:57 PM

Sure, then give it to axis players too, since they have to deal with a-move warriors for months now.

For that reasons you have mine fields, heat seeking ISGs and most cost effective and powerful HMG at T0 I believe.

Tools are there, its up to the primals to learn to use them or stick to smashing everything with the same stone with "(volks)grenadier" carved on it.

Also, what do you think booby traps are? You know, these auto going off demo charges that you can place on points for 50 muni as OKW, so its not like axis doesn't have anything similar.

Sure, they need to be placed on points, but thats where 90% of demos are being placed as well for close to twice the cost and you need to anticipate where opponent will stand.

Bottom line is, axis DOES have something similar.
16 Nov 2015, 16:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Nov 2015, 15:57 PMKatitof

For that reasons you have mine fields, heat seeking ISGs and most cost effective and powerful HMG at T0 I believe.

Tools are there, its up to the primals to learn to use them or stick to smashing everything with the same stone with "(volks)grenadier" carved on it.

Also, what do you think booby traps are? You know, these auto going off demo charges that you can place on points for 50 muni as OKW, so its not like axis doesn't have anything similar.

Sure, they need to be placed on points, but thats where 90% of demos are being placed as well for close to twice the cost and you need to anticipate where opponent will stand.

I like your points. It's enough to say that Axis has options, it's just that most players don't use it or don't notice the button.

Also, can Obersoldaten booby-trap points?
16 Nov 2015, 16:07 PM

Also, can Obersoldaten booby-trap points?

Yes.
16 Nov 2015, 16:25 PM

Seriously, you can avoid 90% of them without minesweepers.

How? By micro.

Most of the time, demos are placed on points, where you have vision.
So if you just send a squad and they automaticly go in to the middle, then puff, but micro them by ordering to cap point at the edge and there you go, useless demo.

Of course, better player can forsee that and he will place demo at the end of the circle on the side closets to enemy. Solution? Go around and cap from his side.

Another way to dodge them is to jump over fences. For example Faymonville, right side fuel point has small way thourgh fences. Perfect for a demo. Solution? Jump over fence. There are many places like this, perfect for demo, but easy to feel them.

etc...
etc..
etc.

You need to have game feeling where demo should be.

+1 this is mostly the thing I do. Not losing that much to demoes.
16 Nov 2015, 17:54 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Tip: if you place a squad inside a booby trap point, the explosive won't detonate. Once you leave the capture point, the explosive will detonate.
16 Nov 2015, 21:32 PM

And a Stuka on foot, a Katyusha like a Panzerwerfer, a CAS commander and some all supressing MGs for allies.

All supressing mgs for allies? Haven't heard of the vickers have you? Don't remember how good maxim spam is huh? It can stil easily shutdown a game.

Stuka on foot and a katyusha like a Panzerwerfer? Getting greedy, but I admit that the Katyusha should fire two bursts which consist all its current rockets than the rather ineffective multiple volleys that is has now.

CAS needs to be eradicated, no need for any faction to have this. On another scale, rifle company is a bigger isue than CAS, it too should not exist in its current form.
16 Nov 2015, 21:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Nov 2015, 15:57 PMKatitof

Yes something similar, yet not something that comes close to the actual thing that can be used everywhere, on anything and by starting units. OKW needs T4 unit to get 'something similar', meanwhile Ostheer gets nothing. Yeah man, legit.

But we all want the Allied factions to have all the Axis goodies, but not the other way around. Haha so funny.
16 Nov 2015, 23:51 PM

Don't be fucking absurd.

Christ, Axis whine about everything.

Next thread will be 'nerf penals'. While we're on about penals, has satchel damage vs buildings been fixed yet?

Demo charge is the only good blob counter in 3v3 and 4v4 games. Katys dont annihilate squads, they kill two or three and leave plenty of time for you to retreat.
17 Nov 2015, 06:19 AM

It's not particularly imbalanced imo - obviously they're rather expensive - but the concept behind these things is honestly pretty stupid.

So basically no-warning insta-gibs should be avoided whenever possible just from a design perspective.
17 Nov 2015, 06:57 AM
17 Nov 2015, 09:12 AM
Donator 22

btw how many demos do I Need, to destroy a bridge?
17 Nov 2015, 09:13 AM

Every demo should been like paratroopers demo. 5 sec till detonation
17 Nov 2015, 09:24 AM

Maybe there could be a small ticking sound and 3-5 second timer on it, would make avoiding them a lot easier, or basically make the engineer squad be tied to the demo with an upgrade of some sort, like demolition package (30 ammo upgrade) which allows you to place demos for 90 and make one of the models have the detonator instead of a rifle
17 Nov 2015, 09:28 AM

Its so hard to find Russian players these days, 90% of games they are a no show.

I imagine its annoying that one time, but you should always have a minesweeper pio.

17 Nov 2015, 13:25 PM
Donator 33

I spammed Soviet Boobytraps everywhere in my last 1vs1 and they actually wiped Gren squads, or left them alive with 1 man, but my opponent never invested in a minesweeper to counter them...maybe allow Ostheer Pioneers to switch from Minesweeper to their MP 40 aswell so its less punishing to invest in a minesweeper (Maybe give the same ability for All Engineer units?)

17 Nov 2015, 13:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Nov 2015, 09:24 AMPlaguer
Maybe there could be a small ticking sound and 3-5 second timer on it, would make avoiding them a lot easier, or basically make the engineer squad be tied to the demo with an upgrade of some sort, like demolition package (30 ammo upgrade) which allows you to place demos for 90 and make one of the models have the detonator instead of a rifle

3-5 seconds? So it will never kill anything then? 90ammo to kill zilch. Great idea.
17 Nov 2015, 14:35 PM

1.) Get mine sweepers, losing 90 munitions really hurts. I use demos a lot. However 90% of the games, the axis players do not get sweepers until AFTER I use the demo on them. The other 10% are good players, and again it hurts to lose that 90 munitions I could of used for other things.

2.) If they limit demos to buildings, then they need to limit CAS precise strike to just buildings. Both changes would be equally retarded.

17 Nov 2015, 14:39 PM

allies are the only ones that can destroy bridges quickly with demos.
I don't see the problem on giving them to at least OKW
17 Nov 2015, 14:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Nov 2015, 13:29 PMhedfunk

3-5 seconds? So it will never kill anything then? 90ammo to kill zilch. Great idea.

The idea there is to give a warning to the enemy player, the ticking would say to them that there's a demo close by, 3 seconds might be the right time for it

Even though I love playing soviets I still hate the demo mechanic
17 Nov 2015, 15:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Nov 2015, 14:56 PMPlaguer

The idea there is to give a warning to the enemy player, the ticking would say to them that there's a demo close by, 3 seconds might be the right time for it

Even though I love playing soviets I still hate the demo mechanic

Funnily I love the soviets exactly because of their ability to build such devastating traps. Nothing is more satisfying than seeing your ignorant enemy setting his foot into your trap.

All supressing mgs for allies? Haven't heard of the vickers have you? Don't remember how good maxim spam is huh?

Do you even play the game? Maxims and Vickers having a good supression... just lol.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★