Login

russian armor

Adjust JP4 cloak range

17 Nov 2015, 20:59 PM

I'm uploading a video now to show and debunk the bullshit and missinformation on this thread.

Looking forward to it.
17 Nov 2015, 21:19 PM
Patrion 14

There you go (potato internet took some time to upload)

thanks.
17 Nov 2015, 21:35 PM

Dullahan just got owned :P

But rember, it's just L2P and attack ground :D
17 Nov 2015, 21:37 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

O_O

Apparently its potential is about a billion times worse than I thought.
17 Nov 2015, 21:44 PM

From the debunking video it seems the camouflaged entity is literally a ghost; nothing can hit it and it drives over mines fine. I've also seen Tulip rockets shoot through it completely after cloak which should have hit.

At least this discussion may allow Lelic to rethink this ability. Give a cooldown, and don't allow it to cloak around combat.
17 Nov 2015, 22:08 PM
Donator 11

Plz post it on the front page of .org lol
17 Nov 2015, 22:10 PM

So...that thing clearly needs to be adjusted.
17 Nov 2015, 22:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Nov 2015, 22:08 PMMittens

Plz post it on the front page of .org lol

This, please.
17 Nov 2015, 23:58 PM

Attack ground does work (inconsistently). As do mines.

Also after some testing it's worth noting that the Luchs camo is far more detectable by infantry and slower to cloak, so I would suggest swapping the jagdpanzer cloak with a clone of the luchs cloak. Don't think it needs more changes than that.

Here's the replay of me testing it.

http://www.filedropper.com/testing

Didn't try planes since the doctrine I had didn't have any recon. (Or UKF/USF)
18 Nov 2015, 01:16 AM
Patrion 28

out of curiosity

Attack ground does work (inconsistently).

with what? the paks in the video clearly never hit although i don't know if that's just a really long bad RNG streak or if other weapons work.

As do mines.

if you mean the 1.5 seconds shown in elchino's video i wouldn't consider that detection. the mine functions fine but the tank isn't revealed long enough for anything other than an AT gun pointing directly at it and off cooldown to hit and even that won't prevent cloak.

i also wonder if this game has the same issues with in/out of combat that dow2 had; i remember cruzz mentioning something about it a while ago but can't remember the specifics.
18 Nov 2015, 01:33 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Post it.

The mine part and the attack ground are there to show that hitting them doesn't break the cloak (5s cooldown)
I was really surprised about the paks not hitting the JPIV.

18 Nov 2015, 01:36 AM
Patrion 28

Post it.

The mine part and the attack ground are there to show that hitting them doesn't break the cloak (5s cooldown)
I was really surprised about the paks not hitting the JPIV.

did the paks actually hit? you didn't show the jpIV after the part with 5 paks firing, just faded into the next.
18 Nov 2015, 01:46 AM

out of curiosity

with what? the paks in the video clearly never hit although i don't know if that's just a really long bad RNG streak or if other weapons work.

In my replay the AT gun is able to hit both the jagdpanzer and luchs while cloaked. It was really inconsistent though.

It didn't reveal it though. Which is odd, damage isn't revealing the cloak at all. At first when I saw the video I thought it was because invincibility was toggled on w/cheatengine but after testing it doesn't work at all. The only thing that does it is the vehicle firing and revealing itself or infantry proximity.

The luchs has about double the reveal range and cloak delay time.
18 Nov 2015, 01:55 AM

Great job Elchino!
18 Nov 2015, 02:06 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

did the paks actually hit? you didn't show the jpIV after the part with 5 paks firing, just faded into the next.

I don't think so. I could make a re run without invulnerability but you can check that most shots are hitting the ground (fx), i didn't get any rear shot (lighting) nor couldn't hear the ping (hit).
18 Nov 2015, 02:31 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I don't think so. I could make a re run without invulnerability but you can check that most shots are hitting the ground (fx), i didn't get any rear shot (lighting) nor couldn't hear the ping (hit).

You should..
I've had multiple instances I game where damage was still dealt even though the shell didn't actually hit, as in the Miss FX "played" but I still took damage.

They were like such close misses that damage was dealt anyway by AOE.
Happens a lot with Shit like the Tiger and KT shooting a Sherman and missing but still killing it because they have big AOE I guess. Im Not 100% sure at all though.

Also Someone should also check the invisibility ability and see what it does to target size and shit. If it doesn't mess with target size then it's literally impossible for the shell to actually "miss" right? even If 0.001 AOE hits a 20(?) target size unit, damage WILL be dealt to the unit.

18 Nov 2015, 12:11 PM

That is some serious god level ninja cloaking right there.

The jagpanzer has always been an extremely fustrating unit to fight against once it gets cloak and is properly microed.

I remember getting my hands on an abandoned one once and it ended up trolling and terrorizing the enemy team's panther spam. It got so bad that they would immediately retreat whenever it showed up cos they could never kill despite many desperate attempts.

One has to be extremely crafty to actually kill the thing, something which is usually difficult to achieve in team games.

I hate fighting against the thing and feel bad usuing it once it gets cloak.
18 Nov 2015, 12:19 PM

Axis ww2 active stealth camo tech scrapped, replaced by phase shift tech, allowing the tank to jump onto a dimensional warmhole that only organic beings can detect by proximity :snfPeter:
18 Nov 2015, 16:00 PM

When it can decload until you are at point blank its fine :P
When you cant hit it by attackground AT gun fire and you cannot detect it with recon units its fine :P
When i recloaks faster then is2 can turn its main gun by 15 degrees its fine :P

But when that camo make faust - faust is a heatseeking misille that wil hit target sooner or later even if target move qantum of miles away go behind milions shotblockers and go even to end of universe - will miss once you cloak that tank then the ability is insane and need tweaking - this is not nerf , this is unit optimalisation and bugfixing.

I´m not saying cloak is OP or UP , cloak is fine but this buggy cloak is simply retarded due unintended bugs like not showing when hit , when recon is seeing it.it can be hit by at nades when in cloak etc etc etc

This is bug like when commados , falls , snipers cloaked when they were retreting throught cover , simply uninteded and reatarded.
18 Nov 2015, 16:06 PM

Scrub found something that is not totally worthless that OKW has, PLEASE NERF IT INTO GROUND OKAY!?!?!?! :facepalm::foreveralone:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★