Login

russian armor

Ostheer (Wehrmacht) Grenadiers

PAGES (9)down
13 Nov 2015, 17:21 PM

Nope.Critical difference -shocks have armor and can run up and kill the grens easily.
Sturmpios don't,so if they run across without cover rifles will shred them.

Armor isn't much relevant against primary source of Grens DPS - the LMG42.
13 Nov 2015, 17:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Nov 2015, 12:50 PMKatitof

I'd rather see this "feature" gone from OKW and USF, its one of the very core causes of blobbing-HMGs don't punish it, because you just go back few steps and repeat YOLO assault until HMG can't take it anymore.

Agreed +100
13 Nov 2015, 17:46 PM
Donator 22

Too many people are trying to gren blob their way to victory and it just doesn't work vs USF anymore. Snipers bleed both USF and Brits super hard and its not that hard to keep them alive. USF has pretty poor counters for a sniper. M20 is OK but its easy to kill it or at least get a faust off so it cant kill your sniper. Brits don't have it easier either until they get their own sniper out, which you can still kill easily enough with your own sniper. U S E C O M B I N E D A R M S

my problem is when I use "combined arms" Im getting totally rekt by a massive, unstoppable a-move usf blob.

13 Nov 2015, 17:53 PM

Remove LMG 42 and you have a deal
13 Nov 2015, 17:55 PM

Allies can have Double LMG
13 Nov 2015, 22:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Nov 2015, 17:55 PMBlalord

Allies can have Double LMG

The infantry AND the weapon costs more.
14 Nov 2015, 02:36 AM

You cant walk with LMG like riflemen bars.
14 Nov 2015, 03:39 AM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Nov 2015, 02:36 AMiceman

You cant walk with LMG like riflemen bars.

Riflemen BARs are considered assault rifles DPS wise ingame. Their damage output is not comparable to LMG's at all.
14 Nov 2015, 03:44 AM

Every allied fanboy saying rifles should beat grenadiers at all ranges,never answer why sturmpios don't beat rifles at all ranges for same cost difference?

Because Sturms have the fastest repair rate ingame, can upgrade to minesweepers, drop medical supplies, plant nondoctrinal mines, lay barbed wire? And because the nature of Sturms weapons make them effective vs squishy long range troops like Cons, and better for killing support weapons?
14 Nov 2015, 08:43 AM

I dont see the problem giving ostheer an upgrade at tier 3 to increase the squads size of the grens by 1. i also believe that the g43 and the lmg upgrade should be an exclusive upgrade.
14 Nov 2015, 11:40 AM

I'm really not seeing how Grens are meant to be "useless", you can't just yolo attack move with a Gren blob against USF any more. Have to use combined arms to beat them (Grens, MG42, Snipers).

Too many people are trying to gren blob their way to victory and it just doesn't work vs USF anymore. Snipers bleed both USF and Brits super hard and its not that hard to keep them alive. USF has pretty poor counters for a sniper. M20 is OK but its easy to kill it or at least get a faust off so it cant kill your sniper. Brits don't have it easier either until they get their own sniper out, which you can still kill easily enough with your own sniper. U S E C O M B I N E D A R M S

No one is trying to yolo blob grens anything.We just want grenadiers to able to STOP rifles from YOLO blobbing you,which it can't obviously.Yeah yeah we do use combioend arms..thing is we don't need shit grenadiers for that if mg42 is to be centrepiece unit.We will use pzgrens and osttruppen as support instead .Also understand mg42 won't help you on the offense,or in meeting engagements,or lategame against vetted lmg blobs with smoke.By the way you ever tell brits to use COMBINED ARMS seeinga s they possess equally good support weapons?
14 Nov 2015, 12:02 PM

Because Sturms have the fastest repair rate ingame, can upgrade to minesweepers, drop medical supplies, plant nondoctrinal mines, lay barbed wire? And because the nature of Sturms weapons make them effective vs squishy long range troops like Cons, and better for killing support weapons?

And rifles have immortality veterancy,2 LMGs,smoke,option for bazookas and OP scaling.Plus brurtal doctrinal support like flamer,1919,vet.
14 Nov 2015, 12:02 PM

People who think BARs are LMGs. I think I've seen everything

I'm really not seeing how Grens are meant to be "useless", you can't just yolo attack move with a Gren blob against USF any more. Have to use combined arms to beat them (Grens, MG42, Snipers).

This guy has a playercard to prove all you whiners that he knows atleast something, but you still have more credibility with your no playercard balance forum spam?

No one is trying to yolo blob grens anything.We just want grenadiers to able to STOP rifles from YOLO blobbing you,which it can't obviously.Yeah yeah we do use combioend arms..thing is we don't need shit grenadiers for that if mg42 is to be centrepiece unit.We will use pzgrens and osttruppen as support instead .Also understand mg42 won't help you on the offense,or in meeting engagements,or lategame against vetted lmg blobs with smoke.By the way you ever tell brits to use COMBINED ARMS seeinga s they possess equally good support weapons?

Show your playercard, because I really want to know at what level does your situation occur, and if it even matters for balance.
14 Nov 2015, 12:21 PM
Donator 11

I think the problem lies with USF riflemen, because it is almost impossible to kill them. I think it is completely unrealistic for a rifleman with bazookas blob to have a chance against two Panthers with MGs, especially when they just run against the Panthers. Now they usually kill one of the Panthers before retreat. I have experienced this scenario several times with this patch.
14 Nov 2015, 13:24 PM

I have a feeling that this is an l2adapt issue. Has anyone tried to use MORE than 1 mg-42 or, perhaps, a Panzerwerfer? If the brainless USF players are as stupid as you describe them, they won't handle some proper counters and positioning...

I just feel that whenever something requires more than a single MG, tank destroyer (or really any unit) to counter it, the stream of salty tears starts, and no one tries to think "how do I counter it?", everybody is just whining nonstop (ofc that applies to alliedboys too). Most balance problems are not even an issue in lower levels of play, they are just excuses for losing.
14 Nov 2015, 13:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Nov 2015, 13:24 PMMuxsus
I have a feeling that this is an l2adapt issue. Has anyone tried to use MORE than 1 mg-42 or, perhaps, a Panzerwerfer? If the brainless USF players are as stupid as you describe them, they won't handle some proper counters and positioning...

I just feel that whenever something requires more than a single MG, tank destroyer (or really any unit) to counter it, the stream of salty tears starts, and no one tries to think "how do I counter it?", everybody is just whining nonstop (ofc that applies to alliedboys too). Most balance problems are not even an issue in lower levels of play, they are just excuses for losing.

'Everybody needs to l2p except for me'
14 Nov 2015, 16:17 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I think the problem lies with USF riflemen, because it is almost impossible to kill them. I think it is completely unrealistic for a rifleman with bazookas blob to have a chance against two Panthers with MGs, especially when they just run against the Panthers. Now they usually kill one of the Panthers before retreat. I have experienced this scenario several times with this patch.

Indeed - LMG Grens were never really bad in the history of CoH2 until this moment when Infantry Sections and Riflemen got buffed.
14 Nov 2015, 17:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Nov 2015, 16:17 PMVuther

Indeed - LMG Grens were never really bad in the history of CoH2 until this moment when Infantry Sections and Riflemen got buffed.

They weren't bad, they were better than rifle for a cheaper price + better and cheaper weapon upgrade. Now Rifles are balanced and above them at any stage of the game as they should be, Gren lovers are sad.
14 Nov 2015, 17:42 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Johnny b showed his playercard,now im eagerly awaiting the ostheerlitz playercard reveal... :clap:
14 Nov 2015, 20:37 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Nov 2015, 13:24 PMMuxsus

I have tried to stream my games lately, and in this stream you can see in 44:30 (39:35) where my 2 Panthers can't do anything to the blob, and then when I try to pull them back, the blob destroys one of my Panthers which turns to an another direction when I try to drive them backwards. But the point is, that I they could not stop or even suppress the blob right in the beginning before I desided to pull them back. This has happened several times during this patch, and I think it is totally unrealistic that a blob of riflemen with bazookas could do that in that way.
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS