Option Distribution Votes
34%
66%
Total votes: 41
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
9 Nov 2015, 09:55 AM

Germans:

Command Panzer IV - 0,8x damage
Command Panther - vet 0: +20 sight range, +10% speed, +10% ac/de-celeration. Vet 2: +20% accuracy. Vet 3: -20% reload. Vet 4: +5 range. Vet 5: Infantry affected too. Mark target, 1,5 damage against vehicle for 10? seconds.
Sturmofficer: 1.25 accutary? Force retreat and increase accutary against enemy unit
Arty officer: I dont know effects, but costs munitions. :snfPeter: Smoke barrage, arty barrage

Soviets: Forward HQ (thank you johnny :wub: )

USA:
Captain - "On me": squads in 30? range rally to captain,breaks suppression, incresed accutary and decreased received accutary bonus? (no cost)

Brits:
Airlanding officer - I think its kinda similar to captain? Havent used it so much. (cost 30 muni?)
Command vehicle - Accuracy 1.35 Recieve accutary 0.7 Reload 0.7 Cooldown 0.7 (cost 70 muni to make command vehicle, free recon flight) (0,5 speed penalty for command vehicle)

So why these units don´t belong to the game? First of all specially Command Panzer IV gives a very unfair advantage. All units have 120% health, don´t you think that is kinda broken? And specially in team games, literally a Panzer IV can make vet 5 volksshrekblob so devastating.

Command Panther buffs ALL german vehicles and if you manage to vet up your panther to vet 5 it buffs infantry too. (which rarely happens), command PIV, command Panther, sturmofficer blob can just win you the game.

What about officers? Captain and Airlanding officer breaking suppression is just.... :snfPeter::snfPeter: It just negates everything german player has done to stop usa bar blob/british commandos, then suddendly captain breaks suppression and makes your work useless. :luvDerp:

German officers are more balanced because if officer model dies all buffed OKW players must defeat, but sturmofficer still buffs whole team and ally troops dont retreat. Anyway its easy to hide sturmofficer behind a building or tank scrap so it won´t get killed.

Meanwhile arty officer is useless :snfQuinn: unless you have many mortars, panzerwerfers and LEHFs to barrage area with your officer. More seen in team games.

Why to remove these units? Because aura units promote only blobs and more blobs which Coh2 shouldnt be about.

So i suggest, that all aura bonuses are removed from this game and replaced with something else. For example make command tanks able to call in artillery barrages. Give recon flights for officers or something like that.
9 Nov 2015, 10:16 AM

Obviously Soviets need Political Officer :snfQuinn:
9 Nov 2015, 10:40 AM

The only issue is airlanding officer ability which has some combat bonuses and 0.25 received accuracy. That's 4 times the HP against small arms :snfPeter:
9 Nov 2015, 10:48 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Nov 2015, 10:40 AMMuxsus
The only issue is airlanding officer ability which has some combat bonuses and 0.25 received accuracy. That's 4 times the HP against small arms :snfPeter:

breetz just needs that little extras to be viable :hansGG:
9 Nov 2015, 10:55 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Nov 2015, 09:55 AMl4hti
Germans:
Soviets: :foreveralone:

They have FHQ.
9 Nov 2015, 11:59 AM

Permanently Banned
Aura units in general are kinda stupid. Using supporting in this game the same way you'd use a healer in Diablo is pretty non-immersive, it encourages blobbing (around whatever unit is giving the buff) and I feel there is a better way of implementing their abilities that is consistent with gameplay and visual display.
9 Nov 2015, 12:11 PM

The only thing I truly dislike is the Command PZ IV with sniper combo. Ostheer sniper gets that 120% health bonus, which makes it almost impossible to kill when it is screened by an Mg42 and some lmg grens, who also get that 120% health.

I used the USF 'on me' ability many times, handy for taking out hard mg42 spam. But now with the current situation of USF, you could argue that it is a tad too much. But then again, when USF gets sorted out, they need this ability imo, otherwise MG42 spam with lmg grens will just shut USF down completely. Smoke grenade couldn't help USF before riflemen buffs, neither will smoke help them when riflemen get their impending nerfs.
9 Nov 2015, 12:13 PM
Donator 22

a regular vet5 okw panther has also a aura right? And shermans in a battle group as well ?! What kind of aura do they have? I like that they changed the panzer IV aura from territory to a radius. maybe decrease the aura radius even more.
9 Nov 2015, 12:17 PM

Cool design, i like them and strategic depth they provide.

Game shouldn't be about building tigers every game.
9 Nov 2015, 12:23 PM

The mechanic is OK if you ask me. If there are balance issues, tweak their stats and balance them instead of removing the whole mechanic.

For example, the PzIV command tank hast almost zero AT power and decent AI power. The only problem is that it applies the buff on itself which make it take one more ATG shot. Fix that and it's balanced. Balance the stats, do not remove mechanics.
9 Nov 2015, 13:17 PM

I don't like the fact that some buff team mates units to. It should be changed to only buff the player with the command unit imo.
9 Nov 2015, 14:17 PM

I would like it better if auras turned more into a focus and give one unit the buff and it has to be maintened on them but since only one unit gets buffed the effect can be stronger.
9 Nov 2015, 14:38 PM

So you don't like it because besides FWD Hq soviets have no aura buffs? This is the problem in fact? Well...

9 Nov 2015, 15:04 PM

Cancer officer of OKW doesn't belong to the game as it encourages blobbing so hard that its not funny.

All other aura units are pretty much fine.
9 Nov 2015, 15:09 PM

IMO most of aura units are fine.
People will blob with or without these auras.

However, there are indeed some bullshit abilities like Captain get-out-of-jail-free "On me" that needed to be reworked.
9 Nov 2015, 15:12 PM

Cancer officer of OKW doesn't belong to the game as it encourages blobbing so hard that its not funny.

All other aura units are pretty much fine.
Does it? I only use him to blob close to my HQ. When on the attack, the retreat on death mechanic punishes those who blob. Any decent player will target the officer first, even when in the rear of the blob.
9 Nov 2015, 15:19 PM

Does it? I only use him to blob close to my HQ. When on the attack, the retreat on death mechanic punishes those who blob. Any decent player will target the officer first, even when in the rear of the blob.

Any decent player keeps the officer at the back of the blob, out of range of opponents, but in range of aura.

Small micro tax completely invalidates the risk involved in using it.

No one remembers CoH1 and how brits played anymore and can't do the same anymore?
9 Nov 2015, 17:11 PM

So you don't like it because besides FWD Hq soviets have no aura buffs? This is the problem in fact? Well...

Sorry johny i forgot it (I dont even own the commander) :snfCHVGame: adding to the list :snfPeter::snfPeter::snfPeter:
9 Nov 2015, 17:42 PM

This is a pretty blanket statement, maybe you need a maybe option. Problem is some aura units are very cool and interesting addition, CmdTank. Others are crazy stupid, SturmOfficer. Aura's are interesting because they make a strategic decision on the battlefield. Do I push and try to take out the important aura unit or do I fight with his better aura in front?

I do hate how aura's affect allied units, especially for the Sturm Officer. I don't want the bonus and I don't want the risk to my Wehr MG's yet if he gets forced off away my MG's go. The CmdPanther is similar, it buffs Wehr units in ways they were not designed to go, Tigers and Elephants getting buffs, while also having access to MT is pretty silly.
9 Nov 2015, 18:01 PM

Guns in general encourage blobbing. The ability to focus fire does that.

As long as there's plenty of tools to punish players for blobbing who cares. The line between using units together/blobbing is pretty thin anyway.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 51
Korea, Republic Of 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment