Login

russian armor

The long forgotten Soviet.

8 Nov 2015, 17:37 PM

The forum is flooded with OKW-related post these days, and I've decided to make a post about the forgotten eastern front(which lelic failed to represent it)

Soviet holds arguably the most powerful ground force in the WW2 and on to the collapse of the soviet union, but in the game soviet are heavily rely on some specific commanders to make itself viable. And I have to say, soviet is probably the least fun faction among entire COH series.

Soviet has no non-doctrinal LMG upgrade for basic infantry, for years it's like GO SHOCK/SPAM MAXIMUM......

Soviet have no good Gernalist Tank, the most produced late war tank AKA T-34/85 has been locked in to commanders, one of which is paid content...(KT, panther, ostwind, brumbar disagree that T-34/85 should be non-doctrinal :foreveralone: )

Soviet non-doctrinal equipment remains late 1942 scenario T-34/76 SU-85 and stuff are all out dated
(meanwhile all other factions has late war equipment as non-doc, M36 1944 September, Comet end 1944, KT 1944, Panther med 1943(with a total failure of first show in kursk became combat ready in may 1944, ostwind LOL?)

Soviet suffers from terrible veterancy,infantry trip wire(WTF?) ,vehicle capture point vs. Turbine enhanced Blitzkireg Engine?

In DOW2 retribution, for me, the imerpial guard was so successful(compare to other factions), they have crappy untrained troopers with loads of upgrade to be more durable(still shitty DPS), and some elite troopers which shines in some aspect, and....... powerful powerful tanks(non-doc), I was expecting a imperial guard V2 in COH2 after the announced eastern front, but what I get is a faction with every-fucking-core-unit-is-locked-in-commanders.

please, relic, give soviet more non-doctrinal choice.....and some more new units like SU-100, DP-28 for the basic infantry...... and a non-doc T-34/85

8 Nov 2015, 17:51 PM

I think Soviets are in good spot right now. Not batshit OP, but have strong strats.

Please, no more LMG meta.

Agreed about non-doc generalist tank though. But then what about asymmetric balance?

Soviets have plenty of great light vehicles and indirect fire. Wehrmacht, for example, don't have good light vehicles and suffer badly from it.
8 Nov 2015, 17:54 PM

I think Soviets are in good spot right now. Not batshit OP, but have strong strats.

Please, no more LMG meta.

Agreed about non-doc generalist tank though. But then what about asymmetric balance?

Soviets have plenty of great light vehicles and indirect fire. Wehrmacht, for example, don't have good light vehicles and suffer badly from it.

"Asymmetric balance" argument comes handy every time when you fighting against the faction you don't like
8 Nov 2015, 17:54 PM

The Su 85 was produced from late 1943 onwards, just saying. One might well disagree with how the SU plays in this game - I dont like it too much, even though its still far better designed than Brits and especially OKW - but in balance terms its a pretty strong faction actually.
8 Nov 2015, 17:57 PM

The Su 85 was produced from late 1943 onwards, just saying. One might well disagree with how the SU plays in this game - I dont like it too much, even though its still far better designed than Brits and especially OKW - but in balance terms its a pretty strong faction actually.

Su-85 is obsolete when the first T-34/85 rolls out from factory, its life is very short.

I think the brits are the most fun faction simplely because it has access to LMG and many potent late war tanks as non-doc. Not that rely on doctrine.
8 Nov 2015, 18:05 PM
Senior Caster Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Nov 2015, 17:37 PMUGBEAR

Soviet suffers from terrible veterancy,infantry trip wire(WTF?) ,vehicle capture point vs. Turbine enhanced Blitzkireg Engine?

First off all. Tripwire so gud, 10 ammo for a whole dead squad ? + sight.

Vehicle capture point can win games, blitzkrieg save a tank. Fair Deal i think
8 Nov 2015, 18:08 PM

Agreed with horrible veterancy, but besides that the only changes SU needs are changes to its t4 and t4 units to make them more accessible and usable. They are fine everywhere else.
8 Nov 2015, 18:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Nov 2015, 17:57 PMUGBEAR

Su-85 is obsolete when the first T-34/85 rolls out from factory, its life is very short.

I think the brits are the most fun faction simplely because it has access to LMG and many potent late war tanks as non-doc. Not that rely on doctrine.

In-game version of SU-85 is amazing in its role.
Self-spot, long range, enough pen, outstanding DPS once vet 2 or higher, easy to vet.

Do you think giving non-doc LMG would improve Soviet gameplay? IMO it will ruin it.
8 Nov 2015, 18:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Nov 2015, 17:57 PMUGBEAR

Does not make it an early war unit still...which was the point or did I get you wrong there? Ingame the unit is quite viable in any case.
As far as the Brits are concerned, I haven't even bothered buying them. Cheesy and Op from their conception.
Also tripwire is actually quite useful, 10 muni investment for 1 dead model guaranteed, thats a steal. If you are looking for useless vet abilities, look no further than Grens.
8 Nov 2015, 18:18 PM

Soviets are arguably fine actually, for the most part.

What needs to be buffed for soviets

1. Penals
2. Penals
3. M3 slightly (maybe)
4. Penals
5. Penals
6. M-42 AT GUN

Maybe t-34/76 or su-85

But seriously relic plz buff penals:sibHyena::sibHyena::sibHyena::sibHyena:
8 Nov 2015, 18:20 PM

Does not make it an early war unit still...which was the point or did I get you wrong there? Ingame the unit is quite viable in any case.
As far as the Brits are concerned, I haven't even bothered buying them. Cheesy and Op from their conception.

I was kinda think a SU-100 replacement should suit the scenario so much better, I think SU-85 should get its focus sight speed penalty removed once it hits vet3 , but not that urgent.

M3 is still fine, as are 34/76s and SU 85s. I've lately used them alot actually. Penals, I could not agree more.

8 Nov 2015, 18:21 PM

I was kinda think a SU-100 replacement should suit the scenario so much better, I think SU-85 should get its focus sight speed penalty removed once it hits vet3 , but not that urgent.

8 Nov 2015, 18:22 PM

SU-85 is amazing in its role.
Self-spot, long range, enough pen, outstanding DPS once vet 2 or higher, easy to vet.

Do you think giving non-doc LMG would improve Soviet gameplay? IMO it will ruin it.

In my tests, a vet 3 SU-85 regularly loses to a vet 0 jagdpanzer IV. Its penetration is shit and even though it fired 3x faster, almost all shots bounce.
8 Nov 2015, 18:27 PM
Donator 22

I know non-doctrinal T85 would be cool, but relic said several times in there streams that the T85 will never be non-doctrinal.
8 Nov 2015, 18:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Nov 2015, 18:22 PMHorasu

In my tests, a vet 3 SU-85 regularly loses to a vet 0 jagdpanzer IV. Its penetration is shit and even though it fired 3x faster, almost all shots bounce.

Still SU-85 is more cost effective than JgPz.IV considering OKW fuel penalty. 2xSU-85 will force JgPz.IV to retreat.
8 Nov 2015, 18:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Nov 2015, 18:05 PMd0ggY

First off all. Tripwire so gud, 10 ammo for a whole dead squad ?

:loco: :clap:

If it's come late game, for example with T4 i think no.
jump backJump back to quoted post8 Nov 2015, 18:18 PMBurts
Soviets are arguably fine actually, for the most part.
What needs to be buffed for soviets
1. Penals
3. M3 slightly (maybe)
6. M-42 AT GUN
Maybe t-34/76 or su-85
But seriously relic plz buff penals:sibHyena::sibHyena::sibHyena::sibHyena:

Also KV-1 and KV-2. t-34/76 not bad for they price but come then you don't need this thing.
su-85 just outclassed godlike jagd4, work worse then M36 and even new Stug give su-85 hard life.
8 Nov 2015, 18:44 PM

Still SU-85 is more cost effective than JgPz.IV considering OKW fuel penalty. 2xSU-85 will force JgPz.IV to retreat.

Only expect the fact the JP4 can be build in medtruck (beginning) , and the DP28 is hands down the worst LMG in the game adding to cons is just like a decoration, DP28 is a platoon based LMG(available in large number after all)
8 Nov 2015, 18:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Nov 2015, 18:05 PMd0ggY

First off all. Tripwire so gud, 10 ammo for a whole dead squad ? + sight.

Vehicle capture point can win games, blitzkrieg save a tank. Fair Deal i think

Wat? Tripwire wipe squads? Hell no. Oh and is2 capping whole map is opieop pls nerf. However, I believe you talk sarcasm
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★